Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Breathtaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Most of the backstories in this game are exactly the kind of poo poo you'd find lurking around in a Rob Liefeld or Todd McFarlane illustrated comic book in the 90s. It's a very self-aware kind of camp, which I enjoy.

It's also bucking the trend of every piece of media in this, our post-9/11 America, being some grimdark antihero nonsense. When was the last time you saw a genuinely positive character like Tracer as the face of something?

Only counting new IPs, Splatoon only came out less than a year ago.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Me 2007: drat, this video game looks like it has fun gameplay, I think ill get this!

Me 2016: [watching pre rendered trailer footage] OMG dat rear end doe! :xd: That character looks Waifu as gently caress LOL! Day one preorder for sure.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

Thought this said Seth MacFarlane and got interested for a bit.

Hahaha

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It's $40 on PC because PC Gaming is the mother loving Master Race!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

The trial scene from MGSV but it's all the soldiers screaming and losing their minds while Kaz pries open a loot crate

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Imagine an IRL Overwatch lootcrate made to look like an ingame lootcrate. Omg.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The subforum for discussing nothing but Blizzard games is so badass.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Roadhog is definitely a member of the Obese Brotherhood.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Battleborn came out 3 weeks ago and they already slashed the price by 40%.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I have to admit I am hopelessly, positively, head-over-heels in love with this game. I mean, not so much the game itself (I hardly ever get kills actually lol), but moreso the beautiful women that are in it.

Seriously, after a long day at work it's great to come home and play some OW. Just seeing Tracer's smile and hearing her say "Calvalrys 'ere, love!" in her cutiepie accent genuinely melts my heart and all feels right in the world. (Seriously. I love her. She is Waifu for laifu! :xd: Lol.)

But seriously. This game is GOTY '16, and quite possibly 2017, as well. If the promising looking season pass that I bought is any indication. If you're on the fence and still haven't bought this yet, you are missing the gently caress out.

Edit: Cleaned up some spelling.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Imagine opening a Black Ops III loot crate and finding an Overwatch loot crate inside

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

http://store.steampowered.com/app/394230/ scroll down to the 'More like this' section

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Roadhog FTW

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Happy birthday to Bob & Larry.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Larry's Burning-Man Style Sister: What's up fag? You using my monitor to play you lovely MOBAs? lol

Larry: For the last time. Overwatch is not a moba.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

My memorial day/birthday weekend. Sorted.

Wb

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

[showing my confused and mildly worried date the funny meme picture] Well If you played Overwatch, I can assure you, this would be hilarious

[Later, after getting rejected for a second date]

ME: Eh, 3D girls are over rated, right honey?

TRACER: Yeah! Don't worry love, Cavalrys 'ere!

ME: 😍

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

lol all the guns do no damage ok *goes back to killing 400+ cops on one map with a flamethrower that makes them die in an instant in screaming burning agony* oh look a bulldozer *destroys an entire room by firing an RPG, including killing teammates* man i think i will need to defend here a while *deploys a bipod machine gun and kills every cop in the county*

man i sure wish i was playing calladoody 591 where guns hurt *kills 4 cops with 1 shot from a .50 cal sniper rifle, gets cheevo for it* *does the same thing with a grenade launcher, gets another cheevo for it*

gee sure wish i could get a change of pace *plays mission where you race nukes past a gauntlet of cops* man even that isn't quite doing it for me *kills 5000 russians attacking a secret base from hardcore henry*

sure wish i could stand out from my teammates *switches from build that eats bullets like pez and destroys everything with a machine gun to a medic build that yells at people to get them up off the ground* hm still not different enough *uses sentry gun and flaming trip mine build instead* but i'm still even using armor i want to run around in a suit and murder a million people *clicks a button, now dodges bullets effortlessly and runs around like sonic killing everything with akimbo pistols, firing the pistols to the saturday morning cartoon beat*

there are a lot of reasons to hate paydude but really the only one here that isn't wrong as gently caress here is 'stealth sucks' which it does

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I want them to release stats for the most-least used characters.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lmao... VHS.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

Noo I made it before the stupid meme 😭🔫

If you actually made it and you have proof you could file a copyright and get crazy amounts of money like the guy who drew the trollface.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

:troll:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

small hendren posted:

I'm getting worse at this game every day

I think that's just everybody else learning the game.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

this but with Big Boss instead

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFIp3K6fNHI

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745164539#post-8

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySp1A9ZWHIw t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! Is literally a character in that game

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Not gonna lie lads, before this game came out I was in a pretty bad way. I was a pretty lonely guy. (I'm a 29 year old virgin and had a HUGE chip on my ahoulder about it, and sex/women in general.) I never dated, stayed in most nights, and was really starting to get cynical about love and whatnot. I was reading red pill subreddits on the daily, and becoming pretty bitter when it came to the concept of love and companionship. "True companionship is not real, its a media creation", "Women will just take your money and leave you", "Love is just an emotional reaction to chemicals, like chocolate. Find a new bar" etc. etc. But when I first popped in Overwatch to my Xbone, EVERYTHING changed.

Tracer, for all intensive purposes, healed my soul. I had been out in the cold for a long, long time when it came to love. But then this girl, this woman appeared before my eyes. She was gentle and sweet, with an adorablely chipper attitude and accent, and I melted like butter. She showed me that true love is possible. A lot of healing began that day, and by the end I sat in front of my 50' tv in my mancave, balling my eyes out. I will forever be indebted to Blizzard for showing me that true love WAS still possible. And I will always praise this game because of that, opinions be damned. This game is special to me. Not for it's fun factor (which is enormous), but because it truly made me want to live again.

Loverwatch.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Aye, sadly she's a bit misunderstood. In reality, Tracer has made me change my views and learn to love and appreciate women again, not objectify them.

I actually wrote an performed an unplugged acoustic song that serves as a parable about the whole affair entitled 'Oh, Lord, Please Dont Let Tracer Be Misunderstood' a side project from my main nerd rock acapella group: The Eight Bits at the local Gamestop last Friday night. I swear to you, there wasn't a dry eye in the house. The place was packed (though admittedly there WAS an Amiibo release happening as well that night. Still, I got a LOT of cheers and more than mario-style 'wahoos', a sort of ultimate seal of approval in the world of the Brooklyn gaming scene.)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

born out of love my contemporary, moba influenced take on bugs bunny in drag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lol

• Locked thread