Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Are we done ironically pretending to like John Zandig yet?

Basic Chunnel posted:

Is the TV pilot thing a work to paint DJ Hyde as a phony heel, or are they actually taping something
It sounds legit, DJ has been trying to expand CZW's horizons (e.g. the failed PPV handshake deal). Taping a pilot doesn't mean he has a suitor necessarily. I'm curious to see who DJ considers a TV asset, especially considering he probably can't use Pepper Parks, Lio Rush, Callihan, Cherry Bomb, AK47, Marti Belle, Mia Yim, Veda Scott and possibly Jenny Rose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

rovert posted:

Mercedes Martinez came back to wrestling in Australia in the NHPW Global Conflict tournament.

https://twitter.com/ratetank/status/733961713616199680

Mercedes had been on a 2 year injury lead hiatus.
Oh wow! I thought she was done for real.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

rovert posted:

Had heard 2-3 months ago she was working out in the ring again to see how it felt again. She offers a lot of fresh match ups now hope she returns even on a very selective basis.
Same, I think a lot of places would benefit from just having her around. WSU could definitely use Mercedes to whip the locker room and booker into shape.

Shortlist of match wishes:
Mercedes Martinez v Nicole Savoy for the Heart of SHIMMER title
MM v Taylor Made for the SHINE title
MM v Deonna Purrazzo, in SHIMMER or WWR
MM v Kellie Skater at SHIMMER

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
John Zandig is wrestling next week at a landfill. Should I go? How will I distinguish him from the other rotting waste?

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

rovert posted:

Excited for SHINE to heroically book this line up into the ground:

https://twitter.com/ShineWrestling/status/739628191682338817

I've faith.
If anyone can screw that up, it's Sal. I'm sure they'll throw in some random ACR match and protect her way too much just to placate Ivelisse too. Sal loves being her errand boy.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

C. Everett Koop posted:

Let's go N-Words
N-Words Suck

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

also Jessica Havok vs. Kimber Lee; Candice Lerae, Heidi Lovelace, Scarlett Bordeaux

Fenix and Pentagon Jr. have been announced for their July 23 show
Boy, Bordeaux sure is the "one of these things is not like the others" in that grouping.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Ugh, enough with Crusade for Change already.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

DM Punk posted:

My guess is that if both of them are willing to wrestle on a major show like this, whatever personal issues they had with each other has been smoothed over by now. I remember seeing them chatting at the debut WWR show at Fete a few months ago.

Might as well work a program with each other since you know people will talk about it.
After the WWR show, Kimber did some guest training at whatever academy Dunn works at. I would imagine they're on good enough terms to work a match.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

be forewarned i am about two shows away from making very provocative statements about aaw relative to pwg
AAW pays wrestlers their normal rates and you can get booked there without some weird vetting process from The Boys?

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Boco_T posted:

Faye is over and I don't go to NOVA for workrate, it's true, but Faye is going to be over no matter who she faces. When you have a high level worker like Deonna coming in for one last show you gotta at least book her against Harlow or Angelus or something. You have Deonna and Shazza on the same show and they aren't working against each other, that seems like a wasted opportunity.
:ssh: Deonna shouldn't be going over anyone if she's not coming back. Also, Harlow is way newer than Faye.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Sami is trash, Rich is trash. I'm immensely skeptical of any dude that runs in their orbit.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Yeah, I recognize the Abominable CPA and Kris Statlander (alien chick). You're somewhere vaguely in the Northeast. CPA has a fun schtick, I think Kris went over her own head with the alien poo poo. Also, she basically does the Joey Ryan dickflip, but with telekinesis. I think she's young, so she gets a pass.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

coconono posted:

Janela's been in one man seminars with a lot of top flight guys. He's leagues better than the average indie journeyman but by no means a master of the craft.
I suppose it's a subjective distinction, but I would consider Janela one of the top indie guys in terms of overall craft. People get caught up in the goofy stuff, but he has a really good mind for putting a match together.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
That's an opponent where I'm happy to explore the question of "is Dickinson taking liberties or just sloppy?"

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I hope Jervis can interview some of the folks that got hurt wrestling him because he valued doing drugs more than protecting them.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Boomer Hatfield's literal first match in front of people was that Atomicos match at Americanrana. Not a bad way to break in. Always answer your phone and be ready at a moment's notice.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

coconono posted:

I believe that's Cam Zagami under the hood. I could be super wrong tho
100% wrong. Boomer is a literal day one rookie.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
CHIKARA also sporadically does free "Try It" classes in case you want to get a couple bumps and drills in before committing to the full 101. Boomer's a physically gifted kid, but he was in 101 last June. If you catch on fast enough and apply yourself, they will find something for you.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I am gonna die if WWN hosed up so badly at NOLA that they lost Joey's show.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Looking forward to WWE turbofucking the State-side indies as much as they're starting to do in the UK.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Gresham is under contract to ROH. Hallowicked and Touchdown have good shoot jobs and are happy having wrestling as a side hobby.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I recall Trevor getting some backlash for doing the same at PWG, so that is certainly plausible.

Semi-related, is Trevor Lee still good? I hear almost nothing about his matches anymore. That buzz train just left town.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Apparently known shithead Sami Callihan got some high school kid to draw him t-shirt designs, promising a t-shirt and credit, and hasn't delivered on either.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/97d7ee/sami_callihan_is_using_my_shirt_designs_without/
Come for the Sami shenanigans, leave when Reddit scumdogs start saying "His ex-wife has no proof he beat her!"

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

coconono posted:

it'd probably help if you cut back on the day drinking, Emil.
CZW is not exactly known for holding high personal standards.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Phenix Rising posted:

Ugh stop loving booking Rich Swann

Not as long as his buddy Sami has any say about it.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

When it first came out, Rovert insinuated she had an alcohol problem that had been a major cause of issue in the past.

It was theorized after that she may have been drunk in this particular instance but I don’t know that was ever validated.
People self-medicate to escape from personal trauma, nothing about that should be terribly surprising.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
OTT is smart enough not to match Satomura with Moth, right?

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
HBK/HHH matches were always lovely wankfests. If that's what they were going for, mission accomplished.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Going to guess the collective involves at minimum: GCW, Beyond, NOVA and CHIKARA.

I'd love to see SHIMMER break free of WWN but I fear that Prazak is too tied in/lazy to escape their garbage orbit.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

davidbix posted:

Of course, WWN would actually have to be running their own shows Mania weekend for DP to even have to make that decision. And as the months go on, it's looking less and less likely that it happens. Either they're waiting on WWE (since there's still no Axxess venue), they can't find a suitable venue (there are numerous factors in play here), or both.
Who wouldn't want Sal's mob money? It's NYC, they're used to that sort of thing.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

rovert posted:

How and where Beyond Wrestling falls will be interesting.

Drew has ties to equal sides of the divide.

Will CZW exist then too!
This year's Mania was a loving debacle for all the normal reasons (invisible fees and taking weeks to pay) and I've zero expectation to see Drew run a show with WWN.

PROGRESS is sticking with because co-opted little doggies run in packs.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

EugeneJ posted:

Hammerstein not having a show Mania weekend is kind of sad
Sadness is WWE's chief export

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
It's an outdoor venue but one wonders what Forest Hills Stadium in Queens would cost to rent.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

rovert posted:

Am an Irish from Ireland. Have next to zero perspective on travel distance. But Janela dropped the Convention Hall in New Jersey as a personal dream venue in a recent interview.
Asbury Park could be (very generously) considered North Jersey but that would not be in range of Mania to do the required numbers.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Maybe Gabe cutting Hot Sauce loose will be a wake up call that being Drew Gulak Jr also requires having literally any charisma.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

coconono posted:

Maybe they'll give Joey the book for Evolve and they do some cool stuff. Let Gabe take a vacation for a year and recharge his batteries. Or at least move him into a position where he's not the Do Everything And Answer To Mysterious WWE Masters Guy.
Gabe would rather fail by his own hand than succeed via someone else's.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
EVOLVE Champion Jimmy Lloyd

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Regardless of his Shlak apologia, Joey has a good enough eye for talent to see that Shlak doesn't have any,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

coconono posted:

I'm always worried that idiot fans will try to grab at wrestlers when they're right up to the apron. Thankfully it hasn't happened yet.
Beyond has been around for years and runs all-women's shows this way and that's never been an issue.

Related, WWR is running in Long Island for the Evolution weekend and are doing seating. I am not sure NYC allows standing around the ring.