Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

PWG def can get expensive quick if you try going to more than a couple of shows per year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/WrestleCircus/status/819079910928977921?s=09

im goin to this fairly loaded indy saturday. they did hero vs ach and elgin vs cobb last show.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

wrestlecircus seems good what kinda venue they been running

They run in a ballroom in downtown austin, capacity is just under 600. They sold out the last two shows.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wrestlecircus is real good. its run by a money smark but they also are getting some money/help from el rey with talent, production, etc.

also jeff cobb doesnt like hawaiians being associated with pineapples so that tag team name is dead

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bard Maddox posted:

how long are wrestlecircus shows because that show looks like it's gonna be like 4 hours long

with intermission they go from 3.5- 4.5 hours

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

theyre relatively new right. maybe theyre booking big shows as an investment toward getting one of those sweet floslam deals, and then they can cash out

they outright do not want to live stream events. they're going off the pwg model.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

guerrillas of destiny vs KES was a ridiculous brawl. just an intense back and forth rear end kicking for about 10 minutes. 4 star match. sammy guevara vs killshot was also really really good. sammy should be in wwe or new japan. he's wrestling ricochet next month, which had its show date moved to not compete with pwg.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cobb vs moose was also fun. elgin vs cage was an intense suplex and head drop match. cage won. the pre intermission matches were just kind of there.

no idea if its relevant but KES had their suzukigun cuts on them for this show so i guess that means they're going to be relevant in njpw again?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hype af for the next wrestlecircus show.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Zack sabre jr announced for wrestlecircus next month this card is gonna be ridiculous

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

scott norton vs joey ryan

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Scott norton vs joey ryans penis is booked for wrestlecircus sunday on ippv. also on the card is sammy guevara (hes good) vs ricochet, brian cage vs zsj, fenix vs shane strickland vs des xavier, dalton castles boys vs keith lee and shane taylor vs like 5 other teams in a 7 way, the card is good someone can google it and post it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Seems like indies everywhere are putting on strong cards with a lot of similar talent, only a good thing. Really happy to see indies where theyre at right now, only wish everyone wrestling could make tons of money off of it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

That's a long-rear end show.

i was at the show. main show started a little after 6, it ended just before 9:30 with no intermission. the Dezmond Xavier/Shane Strickland/Lio Rush vs Crist Bros/Sami Callihan is a must watch. i think its on youtube for free.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i told ethan page my desire for him to team up with john silver to form Monster Beavers and he told me that its been asked by other people before and he's thinkin about it. he should do it because it would get them both back in PWG

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP23XzlDFgo here is the match

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

just took the most bumps at wrestlecircus rip me

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

poo poo i booked a flight and missed out

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

drat stub hub is pricey and with only bad seats. i hope there isnt a jumbo screen if i get the 118 section

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

flip gordon is gonna be nwa champ baby

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

who wants to sell me an all in ticket i wasnt expecting the quick sell out

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dont give superkickd money.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

player uno used to be in a playgroup with me and a couple other goons when 1 vs 100 was active on xbox live, i think smashpro1 and nyratk1 (rip) were a part of it. this was in about 2009/2010 but apparently he was trying to make a show in detroit, and got a warning and denied at the border, and has basically been playing it safe since then as he doesnt wanna face a ban should he ever have gotten a steady gig with either wwe or tna (at the time).

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yikes

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cavauro posted:

I wish Danjel Bryan would have gone all in back in april in stead of signing a new contract with WWE.

he hasnt re-signed yet i believe.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

michael elgin's company booked enzo

apparently its a different promotion with glory in their name.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

a weapons battle royal and they're not booking tom lawlor?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

Abused his ex girlfriend iirc

for what its worth me and my friends watched sami and jessica havok screaming at each other in front of a subway during mania weekend in between the wrestlecon cards a lot of it was screaming over havok wanting to go see a show i wouldnt be surprised to hear abuse goin on in that relationship

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

guevara vs mysterio will probably tear the house down

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that team name is real good

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

flip gordon is gonna be nwa champ baby

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Phenix Rising posted:

At Wrestle Circus, at least, the crowd throws bananas at him during his entrance. I assume it's the same elsewhere.

wrestle circus died too young

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

How did Wrestlecircus die?

Austin rent prices are reaching bay area levels of stupid and they couldn't reach any deal to run in the city and remain profitable

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Boco_T posted:

Ultimo Guerrero losing his hair

dont even joke about that its like all he has left

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

I didn’t realize until today that Powerbomb has an Apple TV app. Can you watch live on there or is the app just for archived content?

they host live shows

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

thats gonna be the long beach show

it will probably also be the only singles match on the show

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i wonder if they're doing a IWGP/ROH title vs title match

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i thought that was an old roh ring at first

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Phenix Rising posted:

Inspire Pro in Austin has PCO for September 2 and it'll be my first time seeing him live. They're also promoting MJF vs ACH so I'm doubly excited. Haven't made it out to an Inspire show yet - their self-promotion is lousy and I never know when their shows are actually happening.

they do a lot of in-the-city promotion mostly near the university. PCO is wrestling dirty andy dalton so that match should have a loser gets a tetanus shot stip attached.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Phenix Rising posted:

Oh my god I'm even more sold than I was before. They don't have the match listed on their site as far as I could find but I love Dalton. Hell yes.

also if you live in austin go catch Party World Rasslin'. free shows that take place inside of a brewery with a self contained universe.