Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXNaeApklBQ

I remember hearing that at some shows that weren't CZW related they would take down Zandig's banner at the Arena.

Durk Hendrunkqs fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

The_Rob posted:

I don't get the hype for shynron. I like spot monkeys, but dude wrestles like a video game. And he has so much wasted movement.

Yeah I was impressed with him early on and had a good feud with AR Fox in Beyond Wrestling. Now I'm no so much into him since he seemingly doesn't really know how to string together a match and just does movements with no context to them.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

duyarvish posted:

People wasted parts of their lives debating between the ROH or Evolve invasion angles only for CZW to blow both away within a week.

I want to empty quote this.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
ASW 12 ships out tomorrow.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Cory Lidle posted:

Are we done ironically pretending to like John Zandig yet?

Who's pretending :colbert:

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
This Sunday Beyond Wrestling will be back in Providence for another double header. The first show C5 is a benefit show for Brandon Watts who ended up after all having a broken neck at the last show (But will make a full recovery).

*House Of Glory Rematch*
Jonathan Gresham vs. John Silver

*10-Man Tag Team Match*
Crusade For Change (TJ Marconi, Darius Carter, Tommy Trainwreck, Devin Blaze, Anthony Gangone) vs. Team NYWC (Randy Summers, ???, ???, ???, ???)

*First Time Ever*
Tommaso Ciampa vs. Matthew Riddle

*Grudge Match*
David Starr vs. Joey Janela

*Pro Wrestler vs. MMA Fighter*
Brian Fury vs. Chuck “Cold Steel” O’Neil

*The loving Tag Team Match*
Massage NV (Dorian Graves & VSK) vs. Cam-An Connection (Cam Zagami & Anthony Greene)

*The Big One*
“Hot Sauce” Tracy Williams vs. Suge D

*No Disqualification Tornado Tag Team Match*
Dave Cole & Anthony Stone vs. Da Hoodz (Davey Cash & Kris Pyro)

*Women’s Wrestling Revolution Showcase*
LuFisto vs. Jordynne Grace

*INTERNATIONAL HOSS FIGHT*
“Big” Damo O’Connor vs. Chris Dickinson

*FIRST TIME EVER HOSS FIGHT*
Donovan Dijak vs. Keith Lee

*HOSS FIGHT?*
Jeff Cobb vs. #BIGDUNN JT Dunn

*TAG TEAM HOSS FIGHT*
Monster Mafia (Ethan Page & Josh Alexander) vs. EYFBO (Mike Draztik & Angel Ortiz)

*OPEN CHALLENGE TAG TEAM HOSS FIGHT*
Da Hit Squad (Danny “Mafia” Maff & Steve “Monsta” Mack) vs. ???

*NOT A HOSS FIGHT*
Space Monkey vs. Johnny Cockstrong

*House Of Glory Showcase*
Participants To Be Announced

Veda Scott vs. Alexxis

AR Fox vs Jaka

Tickets are still available and I really like this card. I have other things going on so I unfortunately cannot go.

Durk Hendrunkqs fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 24, 2016

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

KungFu Grip posted:

Beyond Wrestling is doing a 14(?) day free trial on its youtube service with all of their shows available. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeNRDPH9cSS9WPrRbbixI-A

Anyone familiar have some recommendations for shows to watch?

Americarana 13, Point of No Return, Critical Acclaim, Unbreakable (for the Bucks and Steen vs Biff and Team Tremendous), Uncomfortable, Battle of New England, Tournament for Tomorrow 3, Ends Meet, King of Arts, When Satan Rules His World, The Real Thing (for EYFBO vs Da Hit Squad), Life Sucks and then you Die (if only for Biff vs Dijak) , Americarana 15, Greatest Rivals Round Robin (Biffs last show), Powder Keg, Tournament for Tomorrow 4 night 2, Fete Finale, The Dream Left Behind, By Popular Demand, and State of the Art.

I know that's a lot but it's really a solid promotion. Check the exclusives playlist for Eddie vs Biff from Americarana 14 and Eddie vs Sliver Ant from TFT3.

Durk Hendrunkqs fucked around with this message at 09:02 on May 29, 2016

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Zandig is great

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

coconono posted:

I should re-watch the last CoD Zandig was involved in. It was an amazing construction like a see through house of horrors. Featured Zandig hucking EVERYONE off the top of the cage.

Cage of Death 10 was such a mess of a match. Funniest part (other than the explosions not going off...well hell everything else about it) was that Zandig claims that he wasn't meant to win the match.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
https://twitter.com/johnzandig2120/status/739203193939349504

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Hearing that Nick Gage is coming back to wrestle in September.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

sportsgenius86 posted:

he's lucky that's all it was

Seriously. Mondo had wounds similar to gun shots according to the medics after TOD2.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Cromulent posted:

I'm a bit out of the loop here, what the hell is GCW? Tournament of Survival? Is this some kind of CZW work where Zandig starts a few fed?

It's another New Jersey promotion that sounds pretty fun. I don't know who runs it but they have some names on it and do deathmatches on occasion. There was a match between Joey Janela and Joe Gacy at one of their shows that was running at some outdoor concert and Joey fell through a portal potty he was on top of that Jake the Snake was in. This was the same promotion too that had the Nick Gage invitational when he got arrested a few days before it.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Beyond Wrestling and Evolve are doing a double header in Melrose, MA on 7/17. The Evolve show that was suppose to be in Wakefield on the 15th got cancelled due to building issues and moved it to the 17th. Anyone that bought tickets will be honored for the 17th or you can get a full refund.

Also Beyond Wrestling's Americarana '16 will be in Providence RI back at Fete Music on July 31st.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Has anyone ever done a LEGO deathmatch? Seems painful.

ISW and CZW have done a few.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Ktik posted:

And they just announced Greatest Rivals Round Robin" on 8/13 at AS220 Foo Fest 2016 in Providence, RI. Another show to be announced for soon after that too.

Probably Battle of New England at the end of August. Greatest Rivals Round Robin was one of my favorite shows I attended last year. Gonna try to go to that festival to check that out and of course the other stuff offered there.

Halloween Jack posted:

How about a D4 Deathmatch?

I hope this happens some day.

Durk Hendrunkqs fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 9, 2016

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Germansimp posted:

And PWG went even further by doing a Lego & Hard Candy Death Match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPXvXSHHQi4

I completely forgot about this.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Didn't Beyond have some big dramatic falling out with the Fete venue a while back? Kind of strange that they're already back in the building a few months later.

The promoter Drew did an all women's wrestling show back in April there and maybe smoothed things over? I know attendance kinda dropped at the end of 2015 so they started doing shows at the Aurora since it's a smaller venue and I think just about every show they did there has sold out. Every show in Boston has sold out too but the venue is not usually available for them on the last Sunday of the month until recently since the owners liked what they saw.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
RSP owns. Can't wait for the VOD for the show.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Tonight is House of Glory X Beyond Wrestling at the NYC Arena.

-First Time Ever:
Kamaitachi vs Chris Dickinson

-Fatal 4 Way:
Tracy Williams vs David Starr vs Ken Broadway vs Smiley

-Singles Competition:
Matt Riddle vs Chuck O'Neil

-4 Way Tag-Team Extravaganza:
2Kliq vs Team Tremendous vs NYWK vs The Super Savages

-Singles Competition:
Brian Fury vs Jonathan Gresham

-Tag-Team Matchup:
EYFBO vs The Beaver Boys

-House of Glory vs Beyond Wrestling Match:
Sonya Strong vs Jordyyne Grace

Private-Party vs Da Hit Squad

Anthony Gangone vs JT Dunn

Looks like a fun show. As of right now it'll be a BeyonDemand exclusive when it's out.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

little munchkin posted:

Where is Zandig? where is he

TAKING HIS FUCKIN COMPANY BACK

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
I dunno if you're gonna get the Icon back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJqtTpIfR9Y

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Joey Janela.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

KungFu Grip posted:

How was the TOD?

Better than last years. I very much enjoyed it and think it's worth checking out if you like deathmatches.

Few notes:

The tournament had good pacing as far as the stipulations go.
Masada actually tried.
Newcomer Jeff Cannonball had a fun debut.
Alex Colon has a death wish.
The non tournament matches weren't total poo poo. Specially the Deej/Zandig story line which was hilarious. (though the CZWStudios version left out the Rockstar Pro showcase which is fine since I heard it wasn't good)
The finals were brutal and Ricky Shane Page is an insane person.
Emil Jay, the commentator, get's progressively drunker and it's fantastic.

If you want a free month of the CZWStudios use the coupon code PWPFREECZW.

Durk Hendrunkqs fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jun 21, 2016

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Beyond Wrestling will be in Somerville this Sunday for "Ripped Off in the Prime of Life."

*Main Event*
Death By Elbow (Chris Hero & JT Dunn) vs. Donovan Dijak & Chris Dickinson

*First Time In The United States*
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Jonathan Gresham

*First Time Ever*
Tommaso Ciampa vs. David Starr

*HOSS FIGHT*
Keith Lee vs. John Silver

*Steel Cage Rounds Match – Must Win By Knock Out Or Submission*
Matthew Riddle vs. Chuck “Cold Steel” O’Neil

*Six Man Tag Team Match*
Team Pazuzu (Jaka, Angel Ortiz, & Mike Draztik) vs. Scarlet And Graves (Dave Crist, Dezmond Xavier, & Zachary Wentz)

*Snap The Streak*
Brian Fury vs. Suge D

*A Rivalry Renewed*
Dave Cole vs. Anthony Stone

Taeler Hendrix vs. Jordynne Grace

Scheduled To Compete At Beyond Wrestling #RippedOffInThePrimeOfLife:

– Ken Broadway
– Private Party (Isiah Kassidy & Marq Quen)
– Smiley
– Sonya Strong

They still have about 40 tickets left.

They've added a few more shows this summer too.
Flesh is the double header show with Evolve in Melrose at the Melrose Memorial Hall on July 17th,
Americarana '16 in Providence, RI at Fete Music on July 31st.
Greatest Rivals Round Robin in Providence, RI at AS220 for Foo Fest 2016 on August 13th. Team Pazuzu will be facing against each other for the tournament. Angel Ortiz, Mike Draztik, Jaka, and Chris Dickinson.
Then I imagine August 28th will have some form Battle of New England.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Grozz Nuy posted:

That round robin seems like a pretty big step down from last year's

To be fair it's just for a festival not a full show. Easier to just get 4 guys to put on 7 matches against each other. Plus those guys are pretty much best friends so it could be very good.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
We'll see how much Vader holds the company up for money and refuses to do nearly everything.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
I hope Keith Lee is in BOLA. One of my new recent favorites.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Zandig's Tournament of Survival from GCW is up for sale now.

DVD/Blu-ray http://smartmarkvideo.com/gcw-blu-ray-dvd-june-5-2016-zandig-s-tournament-survival?platform=hootsuite
MP4: http://smartmarkvideo.com/gcw-june-5-2016-zandig-s-tournament-survival-howell-nj-download?platform=hootsuite

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Yup got my tickets.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Anal Surgery posted:

Is Matt Riddle the UFC dude? I remember him from his season of Tough Enough. Is he any good?

He started out OK but he's been improving at every show and had some really good matches at Wrestlemania weekend. Very good heel.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Finding a venue in the LA area that a) can seat a lot of people, b) has the ability to sell alcohol, and c) doesn't charge insane rates for rent is easier said than done. They ran a larger venue than the legion hall for the last Kurt Russellreunion which was what... four years ago now? Obviously PWG is dramatically more popular now than back then, but the rumor I heard was that Super Dragon wasn't happy with how the atmosphere of the building came across on tape so they scrapped it and went back to Reseda.

Whatever gym that was that held BOLA 2008 was nice and big... but the acoustics bounced sound like crazy where you couldn't hear anything when someone was on the mic. The Legion is hot as hell but the acoustics are very good in person and on DVD.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Beyond Wrestling's show next Sunday will be on iPPV for the double header with Evolve on WWN.

*The Rematch*

*There Must Be A Winner*
Tommaso Ciampa vs. Matthew Riddle

*Grudge Match*
Kimber Lee vs. JT Dunn

*For A Spot In Team Pazuzu*
Chris Dickinson vs. Pinkie Sanchez

*Six Man Tag Team Match*
Team TFT4 (Da Hit Squad [Danny “Mafia” Maff & Steve “Monsta” Mack] & Brian Fury)
vs. Team Pazuzu (EYFBO [Mike Draztik & Angel Ortiz] & Jaka)

LuFisto vs. Veda Scott

Evolve 65

EVOLVE Championship Match (If Thatcher Is Still Champion)
Timothy Thatcher defends vs. TJP w/ Stokely Hathaway

Grudge Match
Drew Galloway vs. Johnny Gargano

WWE Cruiserweight Classic Spotlight Match
Tommaso Ciampa vs. Cedric Alexander

Special Attraction Match
Marty Scurll vs. Matt Riddle

Catch Point Open Tryout
Drew Gulak, Tracy Williams & Fred Yehi vs. To Be Determined

Plus more to be announced soon with:
-Ethan Page
-Darby Allin
-Plus more to be announced!

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
https://twitter.com/ProjectCiampa/status/753347638288867328

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Luigi Thirty posted:

some indie promoter said he came in, demanded his fee in cash on arrival, did 8 minutes without taking a bump, and took off after his match

One of the AIW podcasts go into detail on how much of a pain in the rear end he was.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

exploding mummy posted:

Evolve announced that they'll be running another show in Melrose on December 11th if you didn't go to 65.

Hopefully Beyond runs a matinee as well again, that was a pretty good combo.

They mentioned a December return so very likely.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Live reports were saying that show was really good.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
There's about 35 tickets left for Beyond Wrestling Americanrana '16 at Fete Music this Sunday. They've added a few matches since the initial card announcement.

*To Determine The Ace Of Beyond Wrestling*
Chris Dickinson vs. Donovan Dijak vs. JT Dunn

*2 Out Of 3 Falls*

*First Time Ever*
Chris Hero vs. Kimber Lee

*Six Man Tag Team Match*
Catch Point (TJ Perkins, Drew Gulak, Tracy Williams) vs. Team Pazuzu (Jaka, Mike Draztik, Angel Ortiz)

*Battle Of New England*
Tommaso Ciampa vs. Brian Fury

*One Year In The Making*
Johnny Gargano vs. David Starr

*HOSS FIGHT~!*
Brian Cage vs. Keith Lee

*Please Come Back*
AR Fox vs. Matt Tremont

*Breakout Stars Showdown*
Matthew Riddle vs. John Silver

*Ten Man Tag Team Match*
Strong Style Squad (Danny “Mafia” Maff, Steve “Monsta” Mack, Homicide, Eddie Kingston, B-Boy) vs. Crusade For Change (Darius Carter, TJ Marconi, Anthony Gangone, Devin Blaze, Tommy Trainwreck)

This show is also the last appearance of Gargano and Ciampa in Beyond Wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Anal Surgery posted:

I don't know anything about Team Pazuzu so I looked them up. Apparently their t-shirt says "Born to Rape the World" on it and I have to wonder who would ever wear that outside.

They've since got rid of that... That was from a few years ago. It was also the name of Dickinson's best of dvd on it's first run but was renamed to Born to Rule the World.