Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Piss. There might be another one somewhere.

Cage of Death is up on CZW Studios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

C. Everett Koop posted:

How stupid was the structure this year? It's one of the few things that rarely disappoints (the cage structure, not the match itself)

I'll know soon. Still watching the show right now.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

I'll know soon. Still watching the show right now.

Update: Not as elaborate as some of the past Cage of Deaths but there sure is a lot of plunder plus a scaffold.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Jaka, Chris Dickinson, and Jason Kincaid signed WWN contracts.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
The card so far for the 12/29 Beyond Wrestling show

- Chris Hero vs. Keith Lee
- Kimber Lee vs. Donovan Dijak
- Chris Dickinson & Jaka vs. Da Hit Squad
- David Starr vs. Jonathan Gresham
- Joey Janela vs. John Silver
- Team TREMENDOUS vs. Matthew Riddle & Chuck O'Neil
- Veda Scott & Sonya Strong vs. Jordynne Grace & ???
- Tracy Williams vs. Pinkie Sanchez

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Chris James 2 posted:

Kota Ibushi comes to UK

Kota and Gota have been teaming together again recently in DDT so that should be a fun match.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Bushmeister posted:

Is there a writeup or a summary of the various available streaming services for indie wrestling available currently? This seems like a p. hot time to get back into watching, but I have no idea what's available for streaming where and what offers the most bang for your buck.

This article is slightly outdated but a pretty good write up on the different services out there http://wrestlingwithwords.com/the-definitive-guide-to-wrestling-streaming-services/

FloSlam isn't in the article but so far it's been a very good service for all the WWN shows. The back catalog for DGUSA, Evove, Shine, etc are slowly being added in.

Few future ones to look out for is powerbomb.tv (promising a really diverse selections with indies from the south, Canada, Mexico, and even Italy) and DDT Universe.

Ones I like are Beyondemand, CZW Studios, Highspots Wrestling Network, and FloSlam.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

MrBling posted:

isn't Finn still injured? He was probably just home for Christmas and they let him do the appearance because why not.

I imagine visiting is fine, but getting on a VOD or live stream is what will make it interesting.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

This is so great.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

MrBling posted:

It feels like Dave and Jake Crist have been around forever.
When did they change from Irish Airbourne to Ohio is 4 Killers? (I always want to pronounce it Oik)

I wanna say sometime around 2011. Around the time they were getting booked in CZW more regularly.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Gabe did it. I'm looking forward to FIP now to whatever it ends up being.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Ktik posted:

Beyond ran Party Animals last night as a goodbye show for Kimber being the main point. Hero teased a goodbye speech after his match with Keith Lee, but said we didn't deserve any words and left.

JT Dunn returned (he lost his "contract" a few months back, but every show runs in during the main event so it's not really a surprise anymore when he runs in and hits Dijak or Kimber Lee with elbows after their matches at this point) and he and Hero had a new main event against Dijak and Mikey Webb that Kimber Lee came out to help Dijak/Webb win.

If it was Hero's last match in Beyond, there was no closure to his storylines going forward as he's had a feud with Dave Cole the last few shows as well as the Dijak/Webb pairing.

By any sort of miracle he could show up for the Worcester show next month since I don't believe he's booked anywhere on the 29th.

But yes the second half of Party Animals was really good.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Ghidzilla posted:

I am sad that there has not been any discussion about John loving Zandig lately.

Not much to say other than he might be hurt.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Ghidzilla posted:

What happened?

He might have hurt his back from the roof spot from Tournament of Survival. He cancelled his match with Tremont saying that they weren't paying him enough or something.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

The bracket is set.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Gabe posted:

The rules for the new FIP have also been released. There are none.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Powerbomb.tv goes live January 14th. Gonna get myself a yearly membership.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Jenkem Delivery posted:

How long does it take to get PWG DVDs shipped when you purchase through the winter sale? I ordered almost two weeks ago and haven't gotten anything

Email them. Happened to me a few years ago and they'll get going on it. They'll throw in extra stuff sometimes too.

Wrestlecircus seems pretty neat. I see their cards pop up on Twitter that look interesting.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Also good at twitter

https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/819370667346952192

An Officer and a Gentleman/Best Friends show is great as well. I might like Dan Barry as his co host better though.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
His wallet being a plastic bag for a while was good.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Ktik posted:

I was trying to get Beyond to book him for months last year when they were hyping hoss fights every show to no avail. WrestleCircus is for the people.

Ya gotta remember too, Drew is a fan of indie stars of the past not so much WWF/WCW/ECW stars of the past.

Surprised AIW didn't get Norton first.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Chris James 2 posted:

DDT!!

http://ddtuniverse.com/

Launches Jan 23
Multilingual options available
No signup fee
First month free!

It'll contain their past and current affiliated promotions like Union Pro and BASARA. Can't wait for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
https://twitter.com/wrestlecon/status/821796832477151233

Durk Hendrunkqs fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 18, 2017