Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Gaz-L posted:

To be fair that was WM weekend and despite ROH being dumb and putting Scurll/Castle on last, the draw was Rhodes/Omega

all of the big draws on scoh except for tanahashi (maybe?) will already be at all in, and it won't be competing with a big nxt show

(unless the fed decides to counterpromote out of spite, which is certainly within the realm of possibility)

but it would probably make sense for them to add at least a couple more lucha guys to better appeal to that market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
someday i'm gonna actually subscribe to highspots and just binge all of the best friends/officer+gentlemen/excalibur interviews, i've never seen a full one except for the infamous teddy hart episode

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
starr already got a second match against travis banks, which reportedly went over a lot better with the crowd

more of the non-brody king socal guys coming back too, but on paper it feels a lot like the mid-2017 cards where they were entirely singles matches because most of the guys dragon likes booking were on japan tours. kind of an underwhelming sendoff for reseda tbh

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

SalTheBard posted:

Is there any chance they do Young Bucks vs. Golden Lovers 2 as the main event?

they haven't announced ibushi yet and it seems likely they would have if he was going to do the show

but if ibushi is on board it would make sense for them to do bucks/lovers ii with the bucks going over to set up the rubber match back in new japan at some point further down the line

a lot will probably depend on if kenny has the iwgp heavyweight title at the time, in which case they'd probably want to have him in a singles match

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I doubt any match on the card will have NJPW implications, especially considering how badly ROH bungled the Kenny/Cody match and New Japan just basically ignored it.

i don't mean he'd be defending the iwgp belt, to be clear, just that they'd probably prefer to have him in singles competition if he's got the biggest belt in the world at the time

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Phenix Rising posted:

I don't know what the gently caress PCO has been doing the last 20 years but the last thing I expected in 2018 was to be absolutely terrified of him.

steroids

lots and lots of steroids

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

The_Rob posted:

I remember uno had that match in PWG against Speedball like a year ago after not being there a while and then disappeared. I assumed it was another speedball thing. So what I'm saying is dragon book the SSB again.

uno could only get booked in the states again for a period of a couple months (he actually had 3 pwg matches in that time, iirc the other two were mark andrews and hero?) and stu was still froze out at the time. one of the bucks (i think it was nick?) was tweeting after their match that they've been trying to convince the roh office to get them a us visa for a while

it would be extremely rad for the pwg tag division to have them back considering how many fresh matchups there are for them these days. would love to see them vs. the rascalz or bandido/flamita

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Threemendous V card

The Rascalz vs. The Young Bucks for the PWG world tag team titles
WALTER vs. Brody King
Matt Riddle vs. Marty Scurll
Dalton Castle vs. David Starr
Trevor Lee vs. Rey Fenix
Rey Horus vs. Penta 0M
Joey Janela vs. Jeff Cobb

cool to see penta and fenix back since it's been a bit and i'm sure penta/horus will kick rear end, but it feels too soon for king/walter, especially since it's non-title. admittedly i haven't been to a pwg show since brody started getting booked, but he's apparently crazy over already and people were going nuts specifically for the confrontation between him and walter during the ringkampf/violence unlimited match. i get why they'd want to capitalize on that quickly, but to me that's the match you book when it's time to get the title off walter, and keep them separate for a while so brody can get a few singles matches and become a more credible challenger. but i guess they've done the 'guy goes toe to toe with the champ and comes up short but prevails later on' angle a few times in the past.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
ok yeah i'm gonna try like hell to go to bola this year, holy poo poo what a field

the non-tournament tags alone with all these guys should be completely loving bananas, whether or not the bucks/rascalz are there

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
they've already announced bola will be at the globe when they gave the weekend it was happening. hopefully the larger venue will mean that the tickets won't be like a billion dollars to cover for all the travel costs

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
yeah as someone who thinks adam thornstowe is kind of a tool i was surprised at how much i enjoyed that tag match

i would say that match and king/dragon lee were the standouts but nothing that's worth going out of your way to see tbh. solid show but nothing above like, 3 3/4* for me.

Chris James 2 posted:

when a money mark promotion goes all in for one night

https://twitter.com/WarriorWrstlng/status/1015370898067591168

what exactly does that stipulation mean? i'm assuming it's a gauntlet match, because there's no way they're going to have 8 guys in the ring at once for a singles title match... right?

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 7, 2018

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
walter stiffing the poo poo out of guys has gotten a bunch of his opponents way more over. dragunov, sammy guevara, hell it's in no small part responsible for making pco one of the hottest guys on the indies right now. obviously pco being a crazy person was a big factor in that match as well, and he's taken the ball and ran with it since, but the photos of him with the purple chest afterwards was huge in promoting the buzz around that match.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
wonder if elgin's feeling the ax looming and is trying to rebrand for his post-njpw career

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
he can be sloppy sometimes but he's very good at getting heat which is not easy to do as a high flier

trying to remember matches of his that i really liked but most of his pwg run was during the period i couldn't make it out to reseda except for a couple shows. the three way he had with flamita and horus (i think?) last year was great.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

sigmachiev posted:

Like him. Entertaining smarmy heel everytime I've seen him. Definitely has potential but agree he hasn't had The Match that really ignites his career yet.

Quick PWG live thoughts: This was a lot of fun as it always is, but definitely average by PWG standards. Bucks vs Rascalz and Penta vs Horus were excellent. Main event was a great hoss off with Brody King vs Walter. Rest was good to average (the opener was Dalton Castle vs David Starr, which didn't do that much for me).

penta/horus and the title matches were definitely the ones i saw people talking up on twitter after the fact, lot of people seemed to like janela/cobb too

who's trying to go to bola this year? anybody want to group up on tickets? maybe the larger venue will make it less likely to sell out in ~5 minutes but i'd just as soon not risk it if i have to worry about booking a hotel and poo poo

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chris James 2 posted:

Dang, first BOLA in...a while at least? if not ever? where the Bucks haven't been booked

it's the same weekend of a big njpw event, i want to say destruction? same reason why a lot of regulars like zack and trent aren't booked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
are we presuming park is losing? i guess that makes rush being willing to get his rear end beat a bunch during the build make more sense, but i thought the traditional draw of a mask/hair match is to watch the heel lose and get humiliated by the shave