Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

This is the weirdest loving BOLA and I am 100% here for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

coconono posted:

I believe that's Cam Zagami under the hood. I could be super wrong tho

I don't think it is. Zagami was pretty solid when I've seen him at Beyond and Chikara shows, plus I don't think he'd make the drive down from New Hampshire to ring crew at a Wrestle Factory show on a Saturday.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

my problem with marty is that he goes from "finger snapping sociopath" to "irritating little brother" in a way that comes off as incongruous. it's like the finger snap is too gross/brutal for what his character is, a complete wiener. it's like if the honky tonk man did the pentagon armbreaker spot

It feels like he's regressing. When he was PROGRESS champ, he was pure weaselly motherfucker and his poo poo makes sense when it's part of a cocky heel character. But at this point, I don't really know what Marty Scurll's character is.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

abraham linksys posted:

i had fun at the show but it wasn't very good and the ladder match was a lovely nightmare i was done with about 1/4 of the way in. just the worst loving spot fest, that match had five guys i didnt know the name of and i came out not learning or caring about any of them even though they all did a bunch of extremely loving dangerous spots

This is why Orange Cassidy is the best.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

coconono posted:

There was some also some ancillary drama regarding midwest superfan Nolie and Shlak that I caught only caught part of. I don’t know the whole gist but it was enough that several notable voices on twitter went radiosilent during the GCW show.

Wait, like that 8 year old kid Nolie? What does Shlak have against a literal child?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I'm getting into MJF and he really does feel like the EC3 gimmick improved. Not that EC3 isn't good at what he does but there always felt something off about it, which might just be that he had a past in wrestling so it was like buying that Savio Vega is a sultan. But MJF feels "pure". He really just is an entitled rich rear end in a top hat to me, and he's pretty good at it.

I always feel like EC3 secretly wants me to like him, which isn't the case with MJF. That dude revels in people booing him.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

sportsgenius86 posted:

Austin Theory has actually grown on me quite a bit. He's still bland as gently caress but he's very good for his age/experience.

Yeah, he's talented and can play smarmy young dipshit pretty well.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Orange Cassidy also has a good real life job (at least according to the Tinder screenshot my friend sent me) so I imagine that wrestling is a creative endeavor that he doesn't need to pay his bills.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Oh poo poo

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1079196672624861184

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Legion of Rot vs Ugly Ducklings looks like it'll be a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Maybe don't do double foot stomps when you're like 6'6" and 300ish pounds?