Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Remember when Konnan came to ROH promising to do authentic lucha libre and the matches were so bad they had to be edited off the DVDs.

so it was authentic AAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m guessing that’s in response to NXT running against them now

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Blackcraft is doing Masato Tanaka-Chris Dickinson for their mania show

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I just saw that Cage of Death is streaming live on Highspots Network tomorrow night

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Anyone else watching Cage of Death?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’ve now seen a blowup doll have its rear end eaten by a woman on a wrestling show

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

What in the living gently caress

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If I lived in Chattanooga, I would miss that show.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

Was the Cage of Death cage actually cool this year? Or was it the usual cage with some poo poo in it setup?

There was some kind of platform at the top that was just there for a big spot. Otherwise it was just some poo poo in it. Nail board, barbed wire board, several chairs, several panes of glass and a stick with an industrial water jug at the end of it.

For a deathmatch, I enjoyed it. It was pretty brutal. It wasn't some elaborate cage setup though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

PWG Hand of Doom

Jeff Cobb vs. Trevor Lee for the PWG title
The Rascalz vs. Best Friends for the PWG tag team titles
Flip Gordon vs. Bandido
LAX vs. Flamita & Rey Horus
Jonathan Gresham vs. Robbie Eagles
Puma King vs. DJZ
Brody King vs. Jungle Boy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That’s a cool and good idea.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

BOLA 2018, Smokey and the Bandido and all three PWG Sells Out volumes were added to the winter sale

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Khan also hates bullshit (like Trump). I am guessing that the Elite talked to him and brought up how McMahon is creating the XFL to directly compete with the NFL because Vince thinks the NFL no longer represents the average football fan. The Elite could easily sell AEW in the same way.

Or maybe This is a Dixie situation where Khan wants his son to have something that doesn’t gently caress with their actual money.

Or, more likely, they realize that there’s a market for this but they need someone who can bankroll it to start with.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That’s a very smug looking goon

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Anybody else watching beyond tonight?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

shiksa posted:

yo

8-woman tag opener was fun. cant remember what the rest of the card is but i always like beyonds shows

e: redundancy

Nick Gage vs. Josh Briggs - Fans bring the weapons
Eddie Kingston vs. Stokely
Chris Dickinson vs. David Starr
Simon Grimm vs. Timothy Thatcher
Beaver Boys vs. whoever won that women’s tourney yesterday
Tracy Williams vs. Orange Cassidy
Matt Cross vs. Andrew Everett

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Well that sucked

E: is starr getting signed or something

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

Who is that in the ring with Rush? Guevara or Desmond Xavier?

Desmond Xavier

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There's a new $5 Wrestling on the Highspots Network.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'll never forget, a few years ago some indie in Ohio spent a bunch of money making pretty nice quality advertising cards for an upcoming show and had them placed on all of the chairs at the ROH event in Columbus and put them on car windshields and stuff.

Nowhere on the card was a date for when the event was taking place.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Imagine if the Briscoes had a cousin that was a bad wrestler. That’s Mance Warner

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/janelababy/status/1085718362804637696?s=21

gently caress YES

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

davidbix posted:

It's not that they're paying wrestlers $150, it's that they're insisting on paying $150 to wrestlers who are being paid multiples of $150 for most of their other bookings. Otherwise known as "The Sapolsky Conundrum."

Then don’t take the booking?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Then MLW shouldn't cry when they get a talent scooped out from under them because they are playing the same game, hence why I don't feel bad for them.

I agree. I don’t feel bad for them at all. If you try to short talent you get what’s coming to you. I’ve always thought Court was a prick though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

I'm going to a wrestling show being put on by a theatre company tonight. Should be fun!

That honestly sounds horrendous but I hope it’s fun!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

It's actual pro wrestlers, just the company is running it. I don't really know how it works, but there's some NOVA Pro people and some Chikara people and some other random people I recognize. I will definitely report back!

Okay that makes more sense. I read it as theater people actually wrestling

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Boco_T posted:

I went to Flying V Fights too. The show was good, production was good, and it was my first time (finally) seeing Orange Cassidy. The crowd was 80% NOVA Pro regulars, at least.
https://twitter.com/boco_t/status/1088989733022257152
As a bonus, I walked a quarter mile away from the venue after the show to take a mark pic in front of the place that used to be Piratz Tavern from the famous Bar Rescue episode.

Hahahaha holy poo poo Piratz Tavern

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

jesus loving christ what the hell

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

hopefully he can do it to Matt Striker on that show

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

PWG Two Hundred - March 1

Bandido vs. Jeff Cobb
LAX vs. Lucha Bros vs. Wentz/Xavier
Jonathan Gresham vs. David Starr
Darby Allin vs. Brody King
Aussie Open vs. Best Friends
Laredo Kid vs. Puma King
Trey Miguel vs. Jungle Boy vs. Jake Atlas

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sami is Raven, Eddie is Dreamer, Alicia is Beulah. It’s really not any more complicated than that

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

15 of the 16 names for WXW's 16 Carat Gold tournament have been announced:

1. Pentagon Jr.
2. Ilja Dragunov
3. WALTER
4. Shigihiro Irie
5. Avalanche
6. Daisuke Sekimoto
7. Mark Davis
8. Axel Dieter Jr.
9. Fenix
10. Lucky Kid
11. Rey Horus
12. David Starr
13. Jurn Simmons
14. Chris Brookes
15. Timothy Thatcher

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

IndependentWrestling.tv just put up their full schedule through July.

More than 50 events in total including Beyond, Nova Pro, Chikara, Black Label Pro, etc.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

davidbix posted:

...this was really on FITE's site? Because a lot of it doesn't make much sense.

The WrestleCon shows, which would be expected to be key Highspots subscription drivers, on FITE?

The Powerbomb/IWTV Shows, where you'd expect a similar situation, on FITE?

The Impact Twitch special on FITE?

Is it possible someone at FITE hosed up the list and didn't realize some of those aren't FITE partner shows?

The Highspots Network is probably not built for handling a live stream that could reach the traffic numbers that something over Mania could reach and they know that there's so much live stuff that if they do it only on demand, people aren't watching the Wrestlecon stuff until later, if ever.

Powerbomb is broadcasting all of the Collective shows that are from their partners. The non-IWTV groups running with the Collective are the ones the FITE stuff is for. IMO, given that the Collective is hosting the GCW shows, it makes sense to bundle the stuff you're already showing along with the Collective package on FITE because you run the chance of people buying for Janela/Bloodsport and watching the IWTV stuff as well because it's included in their package, thus hopefully convincing them to subscribe.

Short term, I think what Bix is saying is the smart play, but if you're looking long term, I think both parties want to make themselves more accessible to the fans in hopes of luring people to buy their content. If anything got that link taken down, I'd bet it was the inclusion of the ROH/NJPW show.

For the consumer, it's a fantastic idea, and I think all parties involved will ultimately benefit from playing ball and making the weekend experience significantly easier/better for the fans.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Venomous posted:

I don’t know if this has already been posted but this is the greatest promo I’ve ever seen https://twitter.com/e_is_for/status/1097589371233075201?s=21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVOLkYxEdnY

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Mar 9, 2019

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It’s amazing how often Ethan Page can be right about something and still come out of it as a massive douche

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

why did he violently jerk that big ham hock

Based on that I’d assume he dislocated it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Should we do a separate thread for Beyond Wrestling’s Uncharted Territory since it’s a weekly show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

The best course of action is always :justpost:, if the thread doesn't generate the traffic/interest it's not like discussion can't just be folded back into this one if necessary.

Will do