Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Oh cool my friends from 10th grade time traveled and have a wrestling stable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That one dude is rocking a fanny pack I think you know the answer to that question

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Wow ok yes

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

You say that while A-Kid is wrestling as just a floating head!

I think it's more worrying that he looks like a wax figure from an indy wrestling museum

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

No sir I don’t like it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Phenix Rising posted:

It's both great and terrible how easy it is for dream matches to happen now. On one hand, hell yeah because they can happen whenever wherever and everyone can see them before someone gets injured or signed to some exclusive contract elsewhere. But on the other hand, it's just dream match after dream match with no hype or build other than the intrigue of seeing two guys go at it. Like, I know they're going to happen in whatever random indie can book them to happen so there isn't always going to be the potential to build a story but how many of these big Pac matches are going to be easy to remember after he has a dozen straight dream matches?

I can understand the Cornette/Lance Storm side of things where matches need a build, but is it really that different from the territory days where the big names were all traveling and working on their names alone? I doubt Andre and Junkyard Dog had actual angles going on when they'd show up in a terrritory for like 3 weeks

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Andre was often brought in as a "Heel(s) get what's coming to them because now they have to face Andre" so sometimes he was. Plus JYD's pre-WWE career is split into two spots: Calgary, where he had a "Where the white women at" type character and was called Big Daddy Ritter, and Louisiana/Mid South, where was a top babyface for Bill Watts.

Maybe JYD is a bad example and I should have used The Sheik or someone like that instead, I forgot he was that limited to those areas. But still, there had to be a ton of traveling guys who just worked off of name value alone. Big Ernie Ladd maybe?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

how much money I gotta steal from the salvation army donation buckets to sleep with Scott Steiner?

Depends on how many freaks and peaks you show up with

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Tanaka looks like some sort of horrifying golem in that pic :stare:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

shiksa posted:

jeeeesus christ im watching the teddy hart poppin dogs and talkin hogs and god i've been in this situation so many times, at some guy's house who is oddly popular, and insists that everything is cool but you still feel like this guy could possibly snap at any moment, and you're just waiting until you can leave. and he just keeps telling worse and worse and worse stories and you just try to avoid saying anything just to keep from rocking the boat.

Yeah any interview with Teddy Hart, especially ones where there’s more than one person involved, just remind me of hanging out with the one dude who’s kind of attached to your friend group but you’re making eye contact with the other guys with eyebrows raised like “what the gently caress is happening” while he’s ranting but you stay chill because he might go after your throat with his teeth

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to a Chikara show for the first time in almost a decade on Sunday and I have no idea what's going on plot or character wise at the moment. This is the lineup

http://chikarapro.com/events/season-20/02-10-2019_national-pro-wrestling-day-2019

Out of them I know KimberLee, Penelope Ford, Los Ice Creams, The Colony, F.I.S.T. (which now looks like it's a shaved head Icarus and the dude from 3.0?), I've heard of Juan Francisco and I guess Missle Assault Ant turned into a Man. Anyone have any basic info about what's going on at the moment? I'm pretty stoked especially since it's literally 15 minutes walking distance away from where I live

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Cool thanks!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Phenix Rising posted:

Watching National Pro Wrestling Day on Independent Wrestling/Powerbomb TV and I have to wonder, does anyone actually still care about Chikara or its wrestlers? I can't believe Icarus is still a thing. Has Juan Francisco ever done anything of note? I saw him in person once or twice and he seemed okay, but he's just doing the same act (it seems) as he was doing years ago.

I used to be pretty into the promotion 5 or so years ago, but it all seems so bland now. It just kind of stands out to me how stagnant Chikara feels in comparison to basically every other indie on the planet.

I was there and it was kind of boring to be honest, although we only stayed for the first half anyway because it was way too packed and impossible to move after a while

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Word my “Bull Nakano is a Mexican man who is also a cheetah” fanfic is finally hitting the mainsteam

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TheCool69 posted:

Why are people so down on Gotch? From what i've seen he seems to be a decent promo, can work and hasnt shitted on wwe too much.

ex-WWE guy fatigue maybe? He's not a dude who has a lot of buzz about him and didn't come from any real place of standing so I could see people taking a cynical approach to him just based off of disinterest

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I would go into hiding if I made that mistake yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Winner takes the other's facial hair to form a full goatee