Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

IWA Mid-south doesn't have a single star anymore. CM Punk was the biggest ever IWAMS star and he got his rear end handed to him tonight

Depending on your definition, Chris Hero still does shows for them sometimes. I mean, he's a star on the indies....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

True, but Hero is so good at pacing matches with fliers

BOLA Night 3 preview is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXK2RMLdMck

Both Hero and Claudio were/are great at that

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm amused to find out that LA Park is packin'

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssss

There's no part of this I don't love

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

for me? tommy dreamer

Tommy's one of those guys whose work isn't really any good but I find him kind of endearing anyways

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 16, 2016

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TUS posted:

Just based on the preview, Chuckie has a much better report with Trent, but hoping Dan has some great parts.

Watching it now, the upside of Dan is that he's smarter and funnier, Trent's kind of a dope

There's an interesting part where a formerly prominent indy guy gets buried for being a dick to Chuck

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 16, 2016

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The_Rob posted:

Hahaha I love low ki and have always defended him but he is def a guy who can take himself a bit too seriously.

As Chuck mentioned, they were fine with each other before Ki's run in WWE, then when he came back, he was standoffish and he buried both Chucky AND Johnny Gargano

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

Trevor vs Cody was easily match of the night, but that wasn't a very high bar. Didn't break into my top ten Trevor Lee matches of the year.

His AAW match with Chris Hero is very good. I also enjoyed Chris Hero's post match promo where he threatened a fan who wouldn't shut his stupid loving piehole that if he didn't pipe down, "he'd go 1979 on his rear end".

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

You guys have a very skewed idea of what fat is if you think Keith Lee is fat.

Isn't Taylor the pudgier one on the team anyways?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
EVOLVE uses Jon Gresham, right? I kinda wanna see Togo vs Gresham. Togo's fun when he gets to toss around his opponents (as many juniors are, really).

Togo vs Generico for PWG was great

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

Sometimes. Gresham's also been working for ROH more lately so I wonder if he'll sign a real contract with one of them soon.

I selfishly hope it's ROH, I love watching that dude work.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm kinda hoping Hero is the guy to take the PWG strap from ZSJ, he's on one hell of a roll, match-wise, and he ain't goin' anywhere as long as it looks like he ate Zach Gowen

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Brother Hero! I knew you'd come....

I enjoyed that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Didn't Uno very recently work a PWG show as Evil Uno?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It's really a shame what happened to the SSB, them beating the Bucks for the straps while the crowd is molten hot and Steen loses his mind on color commentary is a favorite PWG moment.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

mariooncrack posted:

So what don't people like about Ethan Page? I'm not a fan of him either. I don't think he's bad I just find him kind of boring.

That's basically it, but he's tremendously over-pushed.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
PWG's roster consists of people under contract to other companies, it would probably complicate things greatly. Also, Excalibur has said that the idea of things being any more complicated than they presently are sounds like more trouble than it's worth. I remember during an interview he was asked about iPPV and said that even if it weren't for the contract issues, it just seems too stressful.

And if Highspots is smart, they probably have a contract with PWG re:streaming rights.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 24, 2016

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

realistically what promotions could be on here without ditching their streaming service.

Probably ROH, since they only really show stuff on their website anyways, and let's be honest, their online PPV abilities are shaky. Plus, any Gabe projects like Dragon Gate USA. WWN Streaming is a thing, but I'm sure he'd be willing to simply just add his content to this channel for the right price.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

ROH, TNA (I don't know what their agreement is with Fight Network for the next time Dixie shirks a debt), CMLL, AAA, AJPW, DG (could but doubt it with partial ownership being their TV network), Big Japan, Zero One, W-1, PWG (unlikely), AAW, PWX, Rev Pro, Beyond, probably a bunch of other japanese, american or european indies that I can't think of.

I'd be really excited for BJPW, Z-1 (particularly the Hashimoto years) and DG.

AAW, PWX, and Rev Pro already have deals with Highspots. Beyond has their own Roku channel, although I'm sure they could be financially enticed.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

nice gabe headcanon

Gabe Headcanon sounds like an FCW name

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

What if FloSports pulls a TNA and signs Bucks/Cole/O'Reilly to exclusive deals like Panda did with Sting and Hogan's contracts, then lets Gabe use them for nothing

They're all still under contract to ROH and NJPW, that would be pretty hard

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

gently caress your poncho, indeed

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I saw on your twitter that if half the promotions they're following are on the network it's gonna be a great channel, but I don't have Twitter.....which promotions we talkin'? Any Japanese ones?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

AIW, Freelance, SoCal Pro, Alpha-1, CaraLucha, DTU Extremo, Lucha Memes, Grand Slam Wrestling, High Risk Wrestling, Why We Wrestle, NWA Smokey Mountain, Tier 1 Wrestling, Why We Wrestle

and a couple more i haven't heard of

couldn't care less about Japanese promotions getting in on this because they're all easy to watch as it is but the mexican indies are super exciting possibilities, and a lot of the smaller regional usa promotions have good reputations with zero distribution

Definitely interested in the first few and the lucha stuff. I only ask about Japanese companies because I like the idea of being able to watch DDT or BJW on my Roku, I dislike watching wrestling on my computer unless it's with other people

A shame ISW and Beyond aren't on there though. Although Beyond has a Roku channel, I think.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 28, 2016

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

If FloSlam gets Speedball and Josh Alexander back in the US then mission accomplished imo

DDT appears to be pushing the poo poo out of Speedball. I know it's not the same, but he won a tourney run by them for an offshoot promotion called DNA, and he got to tag with Dick Motherfucking Togo at Ryogoku Peter Pan, their biggest show of the year

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

all I want from any streaming service is all of the european indies. if any of them manage to get the big ones I'll give em money for life. somebody please tell me this will happen

Which ones? A lot of the really prominent ones (WXW, Rev Pro, Progress) are already on Highspots

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

Good thing he wasn't named Speedballs.

Seems like more of a Von Erich nickname

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Man, the Bucks really need to drop the PWG tag belts.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Shoulda kept it on Lee/Everett.

Agreed. I'd be okay with the Beaver Boys still being champs too, they're fun.

Blast Fantasto posted:

I'm hoping that whatever issue is making it so SSB can't wrestle gets resolved and they can come take the belts off the Bucks

I'd be very okay with this. I think right now the correct decision if they drop the belts would be a team with no Japan commitments, as Nuy alluded to. Maybe instead of Best Friends, put 'em on Officer and a Gentleman. I'd also love to see PWG start using the Amazing Gulaks.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Seeing that made me wonder a bunch who it would be that said it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

quote:

The Besties in the World (Fitchett/Vega) vs. An Officer and a Gentleman (Barry/Taylor)

That should be fun.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Shine 38 started and the picture and audio quality of Floslam is very good.

I'll be very excited if Floslam can continuously give good presentations

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The 37 guys Kash has heat with are applauding like baby seals right now

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

in terms of tiny kick men, Akuma had the best attitude and I'm surprised he's not at the performance center.

I thought he retired a little while ago?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I assume that Hornoswoggle match is for AAW?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Steen also said that the entire time he was in DG, he felt like the stable they put him with were trying to use the language barrier to try and get him to embarrass himself, like they'd ask him to say stuff on the mic, then Steen, being wise enough to smell a setup, would ask "Oh, sure, but what does it mean in English? I wanna understand what I'm saying" and then they'd kinda hem and haw, and he'd refuse to do it, because they wouldn't really explain anything. That and how much his family means to him really explain why he didn't do Japan.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Yeah that was a real weird period (2006ish), even though Steen only did one tour. They went from no gaijin in the first two years of DG to then having tons of them, and shoving almost all of them into Muscle Outlaw'z. They definitely got a lot better since then, but you still had guys like AR Fox and Chuck Taylor who weren't fits and it stood out.

I love Chucky T but if he goes to Japan again, it's gotta be DDT.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

Joey Styles is supposed to be doing the commentary for the Chikara video game.

Awkward.

I wouldn't be completely surprised if Quack cut ties over this, he's done it before for far less valid reasons

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

mariooncrack posted:

Might be a reference to go the promo he did for the Roh vs czw feud where he threatened Zandig with a Louisville slugger.

Louisville Slugger is also one of Jim's nicknames, stemming from the whole tennis racket interference gimmick. Layers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Wow, that actually IS worse.