Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I believe PWX is my local indy.
Cedric vs ZSJ next month :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

PWX is running ZSJ-Cedric on June 18

I bought a first row VIP ticket for this that will go to waste because I didn't know it was the same night as CWF Mid-Atlantic's biggest Summer show. Trevor Lee vs Andrew Everett in the main and they are going to tear the house down.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

For a second I was sure I had already seen that match had been booked somewhere but then I remembered it was the PWX match Zack had to pull out of because of his injury

I think it might be booked for an upcoming Evolve card too

It did happen in PWX. The match ZSJ had to pull out of was against someone else, and the rebooking was against Cedric.

I had a front row VIP ticket for that PWX show that went unused because I went to the CWF Mid-Atlantic show instead. I gave the ticket to CWF's booker during intermission and he pinned it to the board in the locker room and it got a big pop from the boys.

I was happy with my choice since the CWF show was amazing and had two MOTYCs:

Nick Richards vs The Kamakazi Kid Last Man Standing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxqabp7W2uk (ep also has a great match between Cedric and Darius Lockhart from another show)

Trevor Lee vs Andrew Everett for CWF Mid-Atlantic Title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFiCScoESwE (still haven't watched the PWG show they wrestled, but I hear it was basically a dry run for this match)

I really really love CWF Mid-Atlantic. They finally got local TV and apparently Grant finally figured out how to deinterlace his video so watching Worldwide on YouTube is way less painful. Still some audio issues in the Trevor / Andrew ep, though.

Their summer tournament starts tonight and I'm so so excited to see Trevor Lee possibly murder the aged Boogie Woogie Man Rob McBride in the first round.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Maybe there could be an issue with ippv, but CWF Mid-Atlantic eps from their shows go up as early as four days after a show and have included talent under contract to ROH (Cedric before he left) and TNA (Trevor and Andrew).

Live streams are way more costly than editing the footage together after the event, both in terms of infrastructure and live production. So I get them not doing iPPV.

But I don't even own a DVD or Bluray Player, so my choice for PWG is wait a really long time or :filez:

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Can't wait to see Cody vs Trevor Lee, unlike that hack ZSJ I know Trevor knows how to make someone look like a million bucks. His last match in CWF was a main event against Boogie Woogie Man Rob McBride and if it wasn't the best match in Rob McBride's 33 year career I'd be surprised.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

is that the show in spartanburg? because if so gently caress yes i gotta go. and i can go and make fun of fray if he's there.

Yup. Tonight is Trevor vs Cody in Raleigh. I'm front row.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Trevor vs Cody was easily match of the night, but that wasn't a very high bar. Didn't break into my top ten Trevor Lee matches of the year.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I love CWF

https://twitter.com/KingOfHeat/status/794252044378972160

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I saw Austin Theory earlier this month in a triple threat against Chip Day and Cam Carter. I feel confident in saying he was in the top three wrestlers in that match.

Chip Day is actually really good, though, and his match against David Starr for the wXw Shotgun Championship was match of the night, imo, at PWX Season's DELETEings.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

So what happened between Trevor and Cody? Trevor said some poo poo about Dusty, and Cody is apologizing on twitter for what happened next which will get edited out of the DVD?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Boco_T posted:

Nova Pro show last night was strong. All of the people I was seeing for the first time had good matches and I'd like to see them again: Rickey Shane Page, Alex Daniels, Rachael Ellering, Joey Janela, and Trevor Lee. Crowd was a little smaller than last month and extra annoying.

I'm excited for next month's Commonwealth Cup. They'll be back at the JCC. Also earlier this week they ran a story on Nova Pro in the Washington City Paper: http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/arts/blog/20854449/nova-pro-wrestling-profile

Alex Daniels I just saw for the first time in CWF against Chip Day and it was probably MOTN. Trev of course has been CWF champ for over a year with an incredible string of defenses.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

CWF is having a big tag team tournament over Friday and Saturday night plus a fanfest with matches on Saturday afternoon. Trevor Lee vs Chip Day for the Mid-Atlantic Championship Saturday night is going to be really great. Can't wait for all of it.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

CWF knocked it out of the park this weekend. The fanfest was the most fun I've ever had at a show, and Trevor Lee vs Chip Day on Saturday night is now my current MOTY and top three matches I've seen live.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Went to a pro wrestling show (CWF Mid-Atlantic) tonight in rural NC. The main event was a tag team title match between champions The Dawson Brothers, a couple of rednecks, and The Vanguard, two black guys with a black power gimmick. The rural mostly white audience was solidly behind and cheering for The Vanguard.

Sometimes wrestling is so much better than real life.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

I got to see the Progressive Liberal tonight!

He's...not very good.

I'm a big CWF Mid-Atlantic fan, and I saw Chet Sterling and Aric Royal were in a tag team. Chet is face and Aric is heel in CWF, is Aric a babyface in NOVA or what? How was their match with the Ugly Ducklings?

Honestly I'm very interested in a rundown of the whole show.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Boco_T posted:

To Sub Rosa's question, Royal and Sterling are both faces here.

Thanks. That's a little weird to me since it's explicitly in the same universe as CWF. The Chet/Logan feud is continuing in CWF, for example (likely will be the finals of the Weaver Cup tournament). Arik is way better as a heel, tbh, look forward to when they turn him.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Mob posted:

https://twitter.com/NextGenTN/status/900706679997820928

I was already excited for this show because they booked Penta/Fenix and it's only two hours away. Now I'm extra excited.

I went to thier show in June and it was way better than I expected. Had the best Cody Rhodes match I've ever seen actually. I mean it was the only one I ever really liked, so easy bar to clear, but. I'm really happy they book the Lynch Mob which is the best tag team with the worst name, and Shawn Shultz who 15 years ago I thought was the only good wrestler in East TN and I can't believe he never became something big.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Mob posted:

Yeah my buddy I'm going with has been to every show of theirs show far(and I tease him about how much he loves Cody), as well as every SUP Graps show. I hope they end up adding Joey Ryan to this show because I've never seen him either.

He was on the June show, first time I saw him, and... I mean I don't know why I never thought so before because it's all about his dick getting grabbed, but his whole gimmick came across as way way gayer than I expected. Not helped by many male fans begging to suck his sucker or rub him down with lube.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I'm going to drive up for Nova Project 3 this month. Maybe I'll finally sub PowerBomb to binge catch up.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I have already bought a first row ticket and a hotel room and somehow I find myself wondering if this is really worth the drive. There are a lot of people I love from seeing them in CWF-MA, but honestly not really in a way that makes me care. Chet is my fav, he reminds me of young Sting, but wtf with him being in a tag team with the liberal gimmick dufus. Logan is remarkably good, but Arik himself is a heel in CWF and I like him way more as a heel than as the Ace babyface. Carnies Ducks I've seen enough to know exactly what that match will be like, and basically yeah, love all those guys but I've seen it. And none of the non-CWF people I care enough about. Eh, I dunno.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Super sad to learn Alex Daniels is retiring later this year.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Boco_T posted:

That said, quality-wise it was a one match show where the one match delivered above and beyond, but nothing else on the show was really worth going out of your way to see. It was still a fun time as it always is. When it's up on Powerbomb I recommend the main event, especially if you can fit in any of the early shows they've posted just to see how far the promotion has come.
I went and agree with this. The entire crowd was standing for the last five minutes or so of the match, and it is top five matches I've seen live. It was a very long drive for me and this match was singularly what made it worth it.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

So... heart attack? Stroke? I mean you’re saying it’s something that can be presumably caused or extentuated by stress so why not just say what it supposedly is?

"a rare neurological disorder"

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Sooooo..... Elgin sold Glory Pro? And deleted his twitter and lawyered up and?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Hard disagree to swapping CWF Mid-Atlantic and PWX. CWF has better production values, homegrown stars, and booking. I'm also pretty strong on Freelance Wrestling.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Like pop-up video factoids? That'd be a fun way to show old wrestling in general. Put Tenay and Karl Stern on the case!

Also speaking of, CWF's latest episode is a pop-up video tribute episode.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

rovert posted:

I wonder if this was over the SCI perv pic situation?
Nope.

quote:

Maybe CWF-Mid Atlantic let Brad finish up the storylines at their year-end show Battlecade, wrote him off in an angle and then publicly fired him.
He took a bump as part of the heel faction the All Stars causing chaos to establish that "war on the All Stars" is the angle for 2018. But it wasn't him being written off. In fact he was present as usual for the Rising Generation League show held Saturday night though he had no on air / in ring responsibilities (as RGL is for trainees and the matches usually don't make Worldwide). He wouldn't have been there if Battlecade was him wrapping up, basically. Also his wife's twitter makes it pretty clear this is all the last 24 hours.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

He didn't take the pics, he just saw a butt on twitter and liked it. Certainly the inappropriateness of it being a fan at a show he was at in a professional capacity shouldn't have been lost on him, but I really don't think liking a butt is blacklist worthy.

From the way so many of his former friends and colleagues are reacting to whatever just happen, this is 100% more serious, credible, and actionable than liking a butt on twitter.

Also (per Zane Riley), the 1/20 Modern Vintage (which is not owned or operated by Chip Day, don't know where that came from) was canceled before, not after, the CWF roster publicly announced they would not attend. The first person to mention on twitter that that their 1/20 date had opened up was Caleb Konley, who isn't part of the CWF roster, so he wasn't boycotting due to Stutts being involved with Modern Vintage. The decision that the show was cancelled still hasn't been posted to their official twitter accounts @ModernVintageW or @GimmickTree and I'm also not clear where the mentioned announcement that they are no longer doing business with Stutts is located. Edit: Looks like Mike Johnson's twitter. And he also posted he meant Charlie Armstrong, not Chip Day.

Sub Rosa fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 9, 2018

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I thought it was that September would be the first month we could see him elsewhere but never got an actual date. So Sept 1 is possible.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Update on the CWF situation. CWF wrestler Mecha Mercenary has been fired by CWF after refusing to cut all ties with Charlie Armstrong. He says on twitter that he demanded proof that Charlie was presently involved in criminal activity, and CWF had no evidence, so he refused. He also claims that Charlie let him examine his books, and they are clean.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

rovert posted:

Sub Rosa this hasn't been pleasant for anyone and there are various camps but what is jist on why Grant Sawyer left if you can give it?

Didn't agree with how management is handling the situation

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

schweens posted:

a basketball would be a great wrestling weapon. you could bounce it off their head and when they try to take it from you thats when you bust out a nasty crossover

https://twitter.com/KrisPLettuce/status/928462497614614528

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

trevor lee is out with an injury apparently

He won a tag team tournament tonight in his home promotion, CWF Mid-Atlantic, so

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Phenix Rising posted:

Aldis vs Cody for the NWA Title is official for All In.
The title is booked, not Aldis. Cody has his pick of who will drop the belt to him, and my hunch is Matt Cross.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I like Shlak. He's what I wish more wrestlers looked like, a mutant combination of aggression and trenbolone.

He's certainly not lefty internet educated anti-racist, but he has publically repudiated any belief in Nazism or white supremacy and apologized for that ten year old photo of him doing a Sieg Heil with actual skinheads who hired him to do their tattoos. Yeah, he said something like "antifa is just as bad" which is stupid, but hey I can imagine AJ Styles saying the same thing and he's champion of the world and I like his matches too.

The LGBT show had a whole angle for him where he publically worked through his views and improved them, as well, I understand, but that novel piece of booking got thrown out because of the fan demand he be unbooked.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Cavauro posted:

How much age does that pic have on it?
Shlak said it was 15 years old in a statement last year.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

SCI shaping up to be a better tournament than BOLA

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Boco_T posted:

Deonna's on the NOVA Pro show Friday but, oof
What's the oof? Faye is very charismatic and entertaining. Faye is a bit green in the ring, but improving quickly. Her match at CWF Saturday night was way better than I expected.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

SCI first round matchups:

Ike Cross vs Corey Hollis
Jake Parnell vs Darius Lockhart
Gary Jay vs Cain Justice
Mance Warner vs Fred Yehi
Curt Stallion vs Joey Lynch
PCO vs Cyrus The Destroyer
AJ Gray vs 2 Cold Scorpio
Kerry Awful vs Nick Gage

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Abused his ex girlfriend iirc

Ex-wife Chrissy Rivera publically accused him on twitter, but then deleted the tweets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

like a Twitch efed or