Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is Johnny really using his shoot name in this? I know he can't use his WWE or LU names, but "John Hennigan" sounds like an NXT jobber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

The_Rob posted:

In fact I guarantee there will be a Johnny Mundo chant. Hell maybe a Johnny Nitro chant.

Apparently LU crowds chant "Johnny Queero" (which gets turned into "Johnny Zero" in post-production) so that's probably what we'll get here

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ah, I thought it was one of those two words.

Also Johnny Zero is a way better chant because that's exactly the kind of lame insult Johnny "Imma take you to Slamtown!" Mundo would think of.

Benne fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jun 29, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Super No Vacancy posted:

i wonder why they havent been booking any of the LU guys for the other quasi-monthly shows its not like theyre not taking other dates

Konnan is on the outs with AAA, and he was the main connection to getting their guys booked for PWG, so that's probably the main reason.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Beer City Bruiser, come on

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is Hornswoggle trying to grow a beard that's bigger than his head

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Between Joey Styles, Matt Striker, Josh Mathews and David Otunga, this year's "Worst Announcer" award race is going to be fierce.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Joey Styles and Matt Striker are the best argument in favor of WWE homogenizing its announcer style. Because when left to their own devices, they're the most insufferable smarks and that kills the product they're trying to put over.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
When do they announce the rest of the BOLA field

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chris James 2 posted:

Virgil doing a Canadian Destroyer

lol

Even when done right, the Canadian Destroyer is one of those wacky indie geek moves that doesn't make much sense in kayfabe but you just go with it. This goes straight into "who was that supposed to hurt?" territory.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chris James 2 posted:

Yes that's Jack Swagger

Dude looks like a dad playing "shirts and skins" basketball who got drafted to the skins team as a rib.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

C. Everett Koop posted:

Hey let's see what deathmatch wrestlers have been up to lately!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYDyu5xCik4

Looks like a good time was had by all!

(well, at least until their medical bills arrived)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

C. Everett Koop posted:

well that one guy got his treatment in-ring!!!!!

using needles in deathmatches is the dumbest goddamn thing and i hate it

At least in FMW they saved their needle spots for a big, dramatic moment in the match. These idiots are just daggering themselves like 20 times a match and it loses all impact.

Gotta pace yourself and make those spots matter, kiddo!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Basic Chunnel posted:

AR Fox? Taking a stupid bump? I don't believe it

A fun game is to take a drink for every time AR Fox falls on his head during a match.

Except don't do this because you'll be passed out 8 minutes in.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Blast Fantasto posted:

Road Warrior Hawk used to no sell goddamn piledrivers

Hawk was a poo poo seller anyway so it'd make sense if nobody asked him to try

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Three people on the outside, locked shoulder-to-shoulder, and nobody caught the guy :psyduck:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What the gently caress

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Gabe gonna Gabe

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Has Gabe always been a sensitive penis, or is this a new development? Probably a dumb question but I wasn't following wrestling at all during his ROH days.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Color me shocked that a wrestling YouTuber turned out to be a gross creeper

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/935985309422161920

:rip:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Wrestling is carny as gently caress: Then, Now, Forever

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Super No Vacancy posted:

is there a britwres thread i actually don't know

No, but if someone made one I'd definitely read it. Progress and RevPro is the kind of stuff I always want to watch but never get around to for one reason or another.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

When did Adam Rose start cosplaying as Tommaso Ciampa

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Ellsworth is really gonna use up his "former WWE superstar" cache trying to be the Dime Store Joey Ryan, huh

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rey Mysterio tore his bicep :( https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/rey-mysterio-injured-during-match-northeast-wrestling-252761?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I guess the Liger match is off now

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What's with everybody booking intergender matches this year? There's gonna be like 5 actual woman's matches the entire weekend at this rate.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Luigi Thirty posted:

Rumor is that MLW landed BeIN, a cable sports channel available on most major cable and satellite networks

They'd better get Ray Hudson as their announcer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHBoKB7YbxA

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Scalpers or not, selling that many tickets in an hour for a completely independent production with no announced card is pretty loving impressive

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Give me Mysterio/Fenix please and thank you

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How long ago was that Bryan picture taken

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:psyduck:
https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/997280793406922752

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

This match is loving amazing, everybody go watch it

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

oatgan posted:

the lucha guys shes managing shouldnt have a mouthpiece imo

like why does pentagon have a valet? why does fenix? their english isnt great but does it make any sense at all for them to have a manager

Pentagon and Fenix have gotten over as top guys in literally every promotion they've worked without anyone feeling the need to "give them a mouthpiece." The fact that MLW decided the Mexicans needed an English speaker (and stuck them with a dime store Zelina Vega to boot) kinda makes me side-eye a little.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1016353275765854208

So this is how he gets on All In, as predicted by everyone who wasn't dumb enough to think Cody vs. Aldis was actually happening.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

KungFu Grip posted:

didnt think we'd get a more awful nwa champion than aldis but here we are even if it is the nwa title. I bet josephus is happy

Flip is good

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Your Parents posted:

he just chops you until hes gassed and then wins.

I fail to see the problem here

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Nick Aldis has somehow managed to be a less interesting champion than Tim Storm

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

What's the general consensus on Sammy Guevara? Because he's been extremely good as a member of Irie-gun on this DDT tour.

I think he's really good. Probably still waiting for that big breakthrough performance that makes him a Made Man, but at 24 years old there's plenty of time for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It still blows my mind that one half of the Amazing French Canadians is one of the hottest indie draws in 2018