Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

This Sunday Beyond Wrestling returns to Summerville, MA for Midas Touch (oof).

Ricochet vs. Tessa Blanchard
War Machine vs. Da Hit Squad
Michael Elgin vs. John Silver
Jonathan Gresham vs. Joey Janela
Matthew Riddle vs. Jaka
Joey Ryan & Massage NV vs. Pinkie Sanchez & EYFBO
Chris Dickinson vs. "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams
Deonna Purrazzo vs. Sonya Strong

There's a pre-show too at 4PM

American Destroyers (Dijak and Mikey Webb) vs. Monster Mafia
Keith Lee vs. Brian Milonas
Jordynne Grace vs. Alexxis

Scheduled To Compete At Beyond Wrestling #NewEnglandMania:

Brian Fury
Chuck "Cold Steel" O'Neil
Dave Cole
Travis Gordon

Fun looking show. Might end up going last minute since I have a very busy weekend ahead of me but tickets are limited. From what I understand, Ricochet and Tesla requested to have that match.

I ended up at this and it was a good show. American Destroyers ended up facing Kimber Lee and Heidi Lovelace and it was probably the best match of the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Beyonds subscription YouTube is not hit by this, just the free matches they post.

Also their intergender matches are good and cool.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rovert posted:

One of the Wrestlecircus owners has a very serious health issue.

Wrestlecircus is essentially finished.

Not at all how I expected Wrestlecircus to end.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's cheap enough and will have a Pentagon match and an Okada match. I'm still sold.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Same, section A, Row 8

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, using the venue of a b-league basketball team was probably a bad idea.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

VJeff posted:

Is there any way possible for
A) Cody and the Bucks to get what they want out of this
B) The secondary market to take a bath

Cause that's what I'm rooting for.

They cancel and resell the obvious scalper tickets?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

flip gordon is gonna be nwa champ baby

That would be perfect

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

ahahahah the fire alarm went off

Twice now and they're still flashing.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's still working a tag team named domestic violence in an attempt to be edgy. Even if he's not a nazi (he's a nazi) he has a lovely boys club attitude that makes wrestling uncomfortable for everyone but a small group of people.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kinda lines up if it is from when he was in a band. At least before 2010.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I thought WALTER signed with WWE.

Winning the pwg belt doesn't automatically give you a contract.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Beyond's been decent but I'm kinda glad I didn't go to it live. Would of been way too long of a night.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It was real good up until Joey accidently cracked his head on that chair.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm thinking he was just selling as he was coherent enough to make jokes.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rovert posted:

Twitter is working themselves into a shoot and predicting Omega vs Pentagon Jr.

I want them to be right.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Starrcast is on FITE so that's most likely the answer for All In.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

my girlfriend has only gone to one indie wrestling show and she swore it off because everyone was willing to "Just eat out of some woman's crockpot".

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Its a good card but on paper I don't think I plan on travelling for All In 2.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Turns out the secret to ROH booking a 10,000 seat show is not telling anyone it's ROH or their talent.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Fair, Okada/Marty is a huge bright spot on the card and I don't get why people are sleeping on it. Okada in the US is fairly rare even with NJPW doing more US shows and Marty is going to be real fun with weird Okada if he's still working that. Janela vs. Page should also rock, Page has been putting on some great work in the G1. I'm not crazy about the Bucks match because I was hoping it would be Young Bucks vs. Lucha Bros. In my mind that'd be the 2 top tag teams working right now facing each other.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Did you watch him vs Ospreay at Sakura Genesis? Ospreay did a ton of work in that match but Marty was just as brilliant in it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

lol at anyone who bought expensive tickets and is traveling for an ROH show

look forward to everyone at msg getting to bask in the wonder of cody vs tanahashi or some other bullshit

How the gently caress would that be a bad match?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

No because I wouldn't travel for an ROH show but if I was local and going I would be really excited for Cody vs. Tanahashi. I can't figure out what people don't like about Cody.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Cool to see that Joey Janela threatening to hurt a kid because his father speaks up against his Nazi friend.

I like Joey in the ring but trash human feels like it isn't a gimmick.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They're also a charity show so they might get some nice deals but overall yeah, they just pick up people as they're already in town and save the money that way.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

What’s going on with Nick Jackson? I must have had my head in the sand because I only just found out he has a virus and might miss the show? Any more details than that or is that all of it

Just that he has the flu. If someone said he is missing the show they're exaggerating.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It also helps that he's not just playing rich. He's playing rich wasp. "If you hit me with a blunt object I'm calling the cops" is some loving amazing heeling.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's a state of mind and income and his character is there.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

oatgan posted:

was a decent excuse a few years ago but i dont think theres a single guy at bola or any of their shows this year they couldnt stream on ippv because of contracts

Jeff Cobb? He's on an ROH contact that would prohibit him I think.

Either way PWG doesn't want to be more accessible and they're happy with being the business they are. They know their niche.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Gargano V Ciampa was a great match that has had its reputation tanked by being in a feud that has somehow become less and less violent with each match but contains more and more "what have my violent hands wrought" spots.

More importantly though, who actually considers any of those matches a death match? They're hardcore matches but it doesn't really feel like a death match until someone at least does a back body drop on tacks.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Honestly had no idea how old Brody King is but it turns out he's 31, so he made those when he was 23. Thought those might have been dumb teen tweets at first.

way too old to have a good excuse. Can't say i'm shocked.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh yeah dude, the super complicated and tough to tackle moral decision of not calling someone gay as an insult. Like, I hope he's less of an idiot and has it figured out now but being 23 in 2010 and not knowing that's a poo poo thing to do is laughably undefendable.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

we're talking about a generation raised on Jackass and Southpark, there's a pattern of acceptable social behavior that we're seeing being adjusted. It does not absolve Brody from saying dumb poo poo, but he should at least have had the presence of mind to clean up after himself.

lol, I'm only 3 years younger then him and grew up in a middle of nowhere poor rear end town. That poo poo was only socially acceptable if the only people you hung out with were dirtbags.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They have my full attention

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I don't have strong opinions about Nick Gage personally at all but this does seem like its kind of glossed over. Like, whether he had a gun or not or meant it or not, threatening the life of someone is still a pretty hosed up thing that can (and apparently did) do real damage to an innocent person.

Now, I'm all for forgiveness and reform and if Gage is making a sincere effort to fix his life and make amends then I hope for the best for him. But like... he still did something really lovely and wrong. Its ok to acknowledge that AND forgive.

Mostly I just don't like Deathmatch stuff and the only time I really enjoyed watching Gage was when he was teaming with his brother. But I haven't seen him since he got out of jail.

I don't think it was being glossed over but was being presented as a counter to the earlier claims from that venue of him being a violent felon. He hosed up, did something real lovely, and did something awful to that bank teller. He also did his time, paid her reparations, is bettering his life, and never actually inflicted actual violence in his crime. Its the ridiculousness of treating a guy who hosed up and appears to have made improvements in his life as a career criminal just because he will always have that felon label on him.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's never going to stop being a "felon" and it will follow him his entire life and get in the way of legit employment. Making felon his wrestling gimmick is smart business sense and a good way to handle the bullshit the justice system puts on people even if it looks bad. Like, its not a good look in polite society but there is a sense in him owning that label in a productive way.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I wonder what the actual card will be, it changed around like a UFC card.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hell of a match for DJZ to get.

Edit: These commentators have pronounce Great Sasuke about 5 different ways

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Human Tornado vs. Penelope Ford has not been good so far.