Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he does commentary for evolve at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

was cedric booked for king of trios

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

a first round loss to give him a curtain call makes sense i guess

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

johnny's last indie date is 9/23 in cleveland

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tomorrow!

also appearing: Colt Cabana, Davey Vega, Dezmond Xavier

doors at 530, sounds like theres some standing room tix available at the door but no GA

https://twitter.com/ProjectCiampa/status/755185387992125440
https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/756501182777028608

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I couldn't tell if you were joking on twitter but theyre $100 not $1000

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Ciampa vs Pentagón is in September

i think this is correct blank was confusing me. august is at bourbon st and they said pentagon v ciampa would be at the eagles club.

fun show very hot finish!! zsj v cedric predictably stole the show

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shigehiro irie is announced for august:wtc: also moose team tremendous mundo callihan hero evans trevor kongo

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok show report from AAW United We Stand

prelim match was a six-person intergender tag match. rules SEEMed to suggest that women were only supposed to wrestle women but idk.
conor braxton, eddie machete and scarlett bourdeaux from the tyler black/marek brave wrestling school against gary jay, his rando partner whose name I didn't catch, and the returning angelus layne
match was fine for a dark match while half the crowd is still at the bar or merch tables. braxton/machete/scarbo got the win after braxton bicycle kicked angelus layne behind the ref's back and scarlett pinned her. scarlett is i dunno 30% improved from when i saw her wrestle a hoopla/roh show here in 2014? braxton did 0 hoverboard spots but he has a good look and potential

show opened with a five-person mayhem match which is supposed to be like a cibernetico but first pinfall wins instead of elimination. first out was candice lerae who had not been advertised. then buck nasty, dezmond xavier, davey vega and colt cabana. match was primarily comedy and it all more or less worked. dezmond xavier did a couple biiig dives to the outside and i saw a couple people getting his shirts which i hadn't seen at his last few appearances. they did a gimmick with colt doing atomic drops to people to set them up for candice's ballplex and then they went to do stereo ballsplexes but colt got grossed out by grabbing somebody's balls. finish came when everyone was grouped up outside for another big dive by xavier and davey vega cut him off in mid-sprint and rolled him up for the win

video promo by sami callihan and the killer cult of jt davidson, oi4k and jessicka havok. a hot promo in the context of a yelly intense guy. he put over that it was jake crist's return from retirement and i think said havok was the best of any of them

josh alexander defeated silas young. silas was the undefeated aaw champ for like three years and he cut a promo on alexander about alexander's reign which consisted of like one title defense. also silas said "fwacing." this match was good and had a very hot finish

hooligans v. oi4k. eddie kingston came out before the match started and joined as a single to make it a 5-man 3-way match. this mostly consisted of brawling around outside the ring but not into the crowd. not much flow to it. i think oi4k won i dont remember

zack sabre jr and cedric alexander had a loving phenomenal match. you should get this show to see it. zsj tapped him out but they did a good mutual show of respect that wasnt as ostentatious as WOW WE HAD A WAR but instead was like drat you got me but i almost had you. both guys came away looking like two of the best in the business

fenix d marty scurll. good match, better than the drago or aerostar matches from last month, probably because fenix is better than them. fenixes rope-bounce dives got over big with people who probably hadnt seen much of him before. actually i think this crowd actually had a smaller latino contingent than the last few shows with lucha guys booked. no mexican flags or airhorns which is disappointing because that enhances the atmosphere. marty got going as a heel pretty well although his banter is v corny to me. everyone threw money afterwards because thats just obligatory now i guess. fenix got on the stick and said thank you and started a 'please come back' chant for marty

jessica havok v heidi lovelace was the first match after intermission i believe. havok won pretty decisively i think

trevor lee and andrew everett out for the semi-main. johnny gargano got a big reception for his entrance and then ciampa got streamers and the whole shebang for his. 'please dont go' chants and 'you deserve it' before the match started. johnny put on ciampas doctor doom mask and ciampa put on johnny's little coat. trevor got on the stick and cut a promo congratulating them but then made a snide comment about them going to developmental while he and andrew were in the real big leagues of tna. gargano took the mic and said 'i understand you guys were having flight issues but...... i knew you'd come.' so then there were DELETE and brother nero chants. i was heavily booed for chanting tna later in the match. i dont remember this match much except they did a slo-mo dance-off spot and i think ciampa got the pin? so then ciampa got on the mic and said well anyway i talked to danny daniels and something something i'll be back but this is johnny's last show so gargano did a farewell promo about how he wouldnt have gotten started in DGUSA if he hadnt been at an AAW show back in 200x and whatever it was nice.

callihan v pentagon jr for the belt. match didnt really find a rhythm early and they went to pretty standard brawling around the ring and chops on the guardrail and spilled over the guardrail only briefly. pentagon's chops were fuckin savage though, i've seen him three or four times now and these were his loudest chops ever. pentagon lost his shirt and chopped the singlet off sami lol. it really started to heat up when dave crist and then jake crist and then jt davidson interfered and pentagon dispatched all of them and then it got bonkers for the false finishes, at least three of which i totally bought. pentagon pinned him with the last falconry i think and the pop was huge and then he started promoing in spanish and i dunno what he said but he is extremely cool and badass while saying it. so psycho killer hit and ciampa came out and explained that he talked to danny daniels and the aaw title is the one thing that has been eluding him and he picked up the money int he ring and threw it in pentagons face and said 'i just signed with the biggest wrestling company on earth. i dont need your $1 bills' so he definitely took a bit of a heel slant. he specified that match will be in berwyn which i think rules out august and it will be a very hot matchup. palpable buzz in the air after a great finish, title change and then that challenge

here's fray idk gently caress him he unfollowd me
https://twitter.com/TheFrayMovement/status/757570107170168832

def go out of your way to see zsj/cedric

Super No Vacancy posted:

shigehiro irie is announced for august:wtc: also moose team tremendous mundo callihan hero evans trevor kongo

i think the only match announced for august is mundo v. callihan

moose is like their third farewell that immediately returned lol

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

me and fray both forgot the ar fox v mat fitchett match. i might have been getting food idk

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

look at that turnaround time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBnmeJ6b6Q0

Super No Vacancy posted:

andrew everett, ricochet, ar fox, davey vega, mat fitchett, dezmond xavier, kimber lee also

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

go login to paypal like 5 minutes earlier so your session is still active maybe

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ganbatte

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm glad the remnants of last year's bola crew got tix good job team :toot:

see the rest of u suckers in october for the bola-killer

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cant wait to hate it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh poo poo if theres a chance i can get a heavymetalweight title reign i better go see joey at dreamwave next week

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

oh poo poo if theres a chance i can get a heavymetalweight title reign i better go see joey at dreamwave next week

theres no way santino marella doesnt win the belt at this show

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

announced talent for AAW Cero Miedo, 9/1 in Berwyn

Colt Cabana
Silas Young
Michael Elgin
Sami Callihan
Chris Hero
Cedric Alexander
Fenix
Zack Sabre Jr.
debut of Drew Galloway
Tommy End

and Tommaso Ciampa vs. Pentagon Jr. for the Big Fuckin Belt

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Aug 3, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i took friday off :D

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

october 7 and 8

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

Imagine fronting like a 16 man tournament with Silas Young in it would be better than BOLA

i know you quinoa types out in reseda are unfamiliar with 'heels' but theyre actually very fun to watch

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Winner gets a shot at the title at the Windy City Classic (their biggest show of the year) and Pentagon is currently the champ so fair chance he's not in the tourney. first year they've run it so would be weird to specify the stipulation and then subvert it right off the bat

Oatgan will tell you Ciampa's gonna beat Pentagon in September though and then the tourney will be FOR the belt which could make sense

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

here's a vaguely-in-order list of who i think are potential remaining people, with the caveat that i havent looked at anybodys booked tours/dates

LOCK: Josh Alexander, Chris Hero, Sami Callihan
LIKELY: Trevor Lee, Zack Sabre Jr., Michael Elgin, Cedric Alexander curtain call
PUSH: Eddie Kingston, AR Fox, Dezmond Xavier, Moose, Heidi Lovelace, Andrew Everett, Mat Fitchett
UNLIKELY: Timothy Thatcher, Candice Lerae, Ricochet, Matt Riddle, Cody Rhodes, Juice Robinson, Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards

WILDCARD: Fenix, ACH, Drew Galloway, Matt Cross, Dragon Azteca Jr., King Cuerno, Drago, Aerostar, Peter Kaasa, Fred Yehi, Lio Rush, Jimmy Rave

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

I think Cody said he's already booked up through the end of the year, but of course it's possible he knew this tournament was happening before they announced it and signed on already.

I don't know if Cedric's announced any dates beyond the immediate future but I wouldn't count on him being available. King of Pro Wrestling is October 10th so Elgin will probably be in Japan.

looks like Cody is booked Oct. 6-8 in the UK so yeah he and Elgin would be out
just guessing that Cedric might still be finishing up dates since we know the wwe process is a long one. like we've known Ciampa's signing was imminent for months and he's still booked in september

then again I would not have guessed at Chuckie T being on the card either so shows what I know

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I swear there used to be a place on the observer site where you could get a big list of every indie promotion running a show in the next two months

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this is me

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

theres no way santino marella doesnt win the belt at this show

https://twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline/status/762425647679406081

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'm gonna go too

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

next Friday!

John Hennigan/Morrison/Mundo/Nitro vs. Sami Callihan
Chris Hero vs. Shigehiro Irie
Team Tremendous vs. Trevor Lee/Andrew Everett
AR Fox vs. Jack Evans
Ricochet vs. Dezmond Xavier
Eddie Kingston/Homicide vs. The Hooligans
Mat Fitchett/Davey Vega/Heidi Lovelace vs. The Killer Cult (Ohio Is 4 Killers/Jessicka Havok)

Also advertised: Kongo Kong, Moose, Kimber Lee

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well i just happened across this, dont know the promotion at all. they are mostly pushing it as the last time DDP will use the diamond cutter. uh huh

https://twitter.com/BLITZwrestling/status/763761240728449024

Pro Wrestling Blitz's 'Wrestlefest 7'

No Limits champion "The Shogun" Chris L.O.G.A.N. v. Russ Jones
Aiden O'Shea v. Shigehiro Irie
Tommaso Ciampa vs. Vic Capri
a $25,000 over-the-top battle royal lol
also appearing Marshe Rockett, Prince Mustafa Ali

their twitter is fuckin unreadable and awful and they retweet everything including when people call their talent TNA geeks lmao

https://twitter.com/BLITZwrestling

https://twitter.com/sylvestercologn/status/759787369394425856

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

do you think mancow wears sunglasses all day. hes at his WORKPLACE

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nice

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I wonder if that eliminates the other three from being potential bola-killer entrants because I had Josh Alexander as a lock but seeing the m-dogg booking I'd put them at even odds now

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

standing room available at the door tomorrow. also they will be selling tickets for 9/1 in berwyn at this show when doors open at 6:30

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Really glad Senor Benjamin is getting some bookings

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

HELLO here are your results from AAW showdown.

preshow: eddie machete & connor braxton d. curt(?) steiman(?) & markus crane. no scarlett with the black and brave boys this month, maybe she was at ROH. I don't think I'd seen curt steiman before but he was a string bean who really wanted the stiffness of his strikes over. it was vaguely awkward. no hoverboard spots and eddie might have even thrown connor's hoverboard which is hosed up. I think braxton got the pin on steiman

team tremendous opened the show and big bill carr is big. trevor and everett came out with tambourines and maracas to maximize the shaking of it off. dance battle to open and then we got a pretty good match. crazy ranas and poo poo by all four guys and trevor dived off the stage into the ring and bill caught him in a sidewalk slam which was pretty sick. also the carolina boys started literally doing a hardyz tribute gimmick and yelling delete at them and ending up winning with a twist of fate and swanton.

video promo by sami. says he made the aaw title a world title and started drawing the big houses to aaw. said he's coming for pentagon and the big belt and his whole family

ricochet v. dezmond xavier. went 17 minutes and was probably the best match of the night. started with competent chain wrestling and went into an extended flips and parries sequence and then only briefly did rico kill kayfabe so we got the majority of the match treated seriously. crowd got behind dezmond as the match went on and the kick-outs started piling up. ricochet pinned him with a second benadryller IIRC and then got on the stick and put him over, saying he's heard people call dez 'ricochet lite' or 'ricochet jr' but from now on they'd be calling him dezmond xavier, so was pretty clearly meant to be his coming out party and establish him as a singles guy

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/767203073651539969

killer cult (ohio is 4 killers+jessicka havok) d. the besties in the world (fitchett/vega) and heidi lovelace. this started pretty slow with OI4K getting the heat on fitchett for a long time. dave crist called him or Vega a human being so that got legit heat; the bourbon street crowd is more alt-hip than the berwyn crowd i think. when heidi finally got in and went on like a 10-superkick spree it started heating up and then everyone started chaining dives and the crowd got really into it. ended up being a good match

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/767048332443258881

homicide video promo about coming to back up his boy eddie again and they were gonna put down the killer cult but first they were gonna beat up the sister-kissing hooligans etc.

chris hero vs. shigehiro irie. the crowd was very receptive to irie and hype for this one so that was good. it built as you might expect with trading a bunch of heavy strikes and elbows and eventually trading no-sold suplexes etc. irie started getting people behind him with a spot where hes going for the superplex and hero keeps pushing him off the turnbuckle but dude just kept getting right up from the big back bump and going right back to the turnbuckle. hero put him down with the first rolling elbow of death, then got on the mic and said this was the first time they'd wrestled each other but it won't be the last. please come back chant for irie etc.

also his twitter is pretty adorable looks like he went to the air and water show

https://twitter.com/tachimukau_irie/status/767561730499149824
https://twitter.com/tachimukau_irie/status/767562391517274116

intermission~

hooligans vs. kingstone/homicide next. the ring announcer, i dunno what the heck, he kept implying that this match was gonna have brawling out into the crowd when he gave his little show-opening disclaimer and then again when announcing intermission was ending. when that did not in fact happen the crowd soured. homicide had also made a display of getting the hammer for the ring bell and then never used it. outlaw inc won. i think their time got cut and maybe for the next thing:

the hooligans manager buck nasty took the mic and was mad about losing and about the hooligans taking a few L's lately and so he issued an open challenge. buck nasty is a hilarious sleazeball and i highly recommend him. kimber lee came out to accept the challenge; I think this went like 9 minutes which was probably a minute and a half more than the advertised tag so weird choice but obviously kimber won by pop-up powerbomb

video promo by jack evans where he did some slam poetry about beating ar fox????? like a really long sincere slam poem??????????????

4-man for a spot in the bola-killer was next. moose, josh alexander, kongo kong and matt cross, who is very gray. this was considerably more disjointed than the 4-way with moose, cedric, trevor, everett a couple months ago, but the crowd got into it off a tower of doom spot with the big hosses involved. josh alexander pinned cross so that was a lock

ar fox d jack evans. i think this was pretty good. evans attacked him after the match

main event was sami callihan vs john morrison. morrison came out and gave his coolguy sunglasses to a guy on the stage who did a slo-mo jomo impersonation which was pretty funny. sami took and broke the glasses for big heat. oi4k got involved and the ref ejected them; this match ended up brawling into the crowd and maybe involved a table idk i couldnt see that part. jt davidson, the cult's manager, got involved to break up a pin. his arm was in a sling selling pentagon breaking it last month, so morrison hosed his arm up further. ended up pinning sami with starship pain. morrison got on the mic and cut a lame promo about how its all the fans in the back who remind him why he loves wrestling, and the first thing he heard when he won was 'please come back' and he'd love to come back any time. insincere-rear end platitudes, i wouldve preferred they rehab sami here tbh

good show but a little down from the big pentagon win and the cedric/zsj spectacle. all the talent was putting the company over on twitter afterwards so thats cool

the pentagon/ciampa title match is 9/1 in berwyn. first row tickets sold out about 5 minutes after doors opened, fewer than 50 tickets left by the end of the show
Pentagon Jr. vs Tommaso Ciampa
Tommy End vs. Chris Hero
Colt Cabana, Silas Young, Michael Elgin, Sami Callihan, Cedric Alexander, Fenix, Zack Sabre Jr., debut of Drew Galloway

9/18 back at bourbon street
Jeff Cobb vs. Matt Riddle - 'earn your spot match' for a shot at regular aaw bookings I guess
Abyss vs. Mil Muertes w/ Katrina, as has been discussed
also announced: the return of Prince Mustafa Ali

in addition to Gulak, Silas, Kamaitachi and Chuckie T, we now have Josh Alexander and
https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/767531509209333760

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 22, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

here's Freelance's card tonight

Prince Mustafa Ali(c) vs. GPA - Freelance Title
Beauty and the Beast(c) vs. The N-Word - TLC match for the Tag Titles
Matt Knicks vs. Chris Castro - Last Man Standing
Robert Anthony/Space Monkey vs. Ethan Page/Kobe Durst
Isaias Velazquez vs. Chase Owens
Mr. 450 vs. Joey Lynch
Scramble Match: Sugar Dunkerton vs. Peter Avalon vs. Alex Ohlson vs. Russian Beast vs. El Chivas Blancas vs. Jake Something
Andras Vidal vs. JJ Garrett

they stream all their shows live also

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tickets to the BOLA-KILLER go on sale this evening.

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/770267639050481664

friday at bourbon street is $50 first / $40 second / $30 third / $20 fourth fifth GA
saturday at berwyn eagles club is I think $10 more per tier

they just said they're announcing more talent for 9/18 tonight so we may not get any more entrants until after tickets are up

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

I totally spaced that AAW tickets went on sale and rushed back... at least they're delayed.

haha I also forgot and was eating a tasty sandwich. thankfully I turned tweet notifications on for aaw a couple weeks ago

dragon azteca is a cool announcement!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I forgot suplex liberace's original name already