Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't know if it still works but try WWP as a promo code. If it still works, congrats on a free month of enjoying HighSpots Wrestling Network

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:siren: MOTY contender announced :siren:

Pacific Coast Wrestling 11/12 in Torrance, CA: Pentagon Jr defends the heavyweight title against RVD

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Del Rio to opponents: "Guess you perros didn't get the memo" *hurls brother at them like lawn dart*

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssss

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also on that card is Ricochet/Callihan and Hero/Nese

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ospreay talked about the Vader match in a shoot. Highlights:

* Basically everything everyone warned would happen? Happened
* They had it in writing Ospreay would win
* Day of, Vader wouldn't leave his hotel until he was told he'd go over
* Ever after working it out so that'd happen, Vader had to be walked through how the match would go, step by step, frequently
* Come match time, he forgot it all and Ospreay had to impromptu guide Vader through
* In the end Vader was the only one who came out looking good. Got the win and got a payday, whereas Will's still pissed and talking about it, and so are his fans

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

is that the show in spartanburg? because if so gently caress yes i gotta go. and i can go and make fun of fray if he's there.

I believe so

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Avoid buying tickets to that show with Alberto El Patron vs. Rey Mysterio on October 12 in Yakima, Washington for the time being.

Yep, Del Rio just pulled out

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Official ticket options are Skarsgard VIP Package and Obsolete Mule General Admission

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Brother Hero! I knew you'd come....

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave says ITV plans on doing a big tv taping pilot in November. Pretty cool how far U.K. wrestling has come recently

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They're both lesser unless Diamond Dallas was clearly unavailable

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Current announced lineup for the ITV World of Sport event/pilot

CJ Banks
Joe Coffey
Mark Coffey
Zack Gibson
Joey Hayes
Danny Hope
El Ligero
Dave Mastiff
Johnny Moss
Sha Samuels
Kenny Williams

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/world-sport-wrestling

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

All I immediately think is "big indie closing" or "big indie getting streaming or TV deal"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

As someone who gave warning a few weeks ago that TNA was going to have a next level death lurch. Like that I can only just give an early warning that indie Wrestling and Wrestling in general's landscape is set to change forever starting next week and not how you immediately think. :munch:

https://twitter.com/thewadekeller/status/790361593129291776
itshappening.gif

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's streaming

MLW posted:

Let's just say the topic of viable streaming business strategies will be a conversation exhausted this week.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sorry Seltzer and Seller, the real bomb already got dropped

https://twitter.com/ddtpro/status/790048072222973952
DDT streaming service coming soon

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'd be shocked if it wasn't going to include promotions that are already on streaming services.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Absolutely giving that a look for the Mania weekend shows

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Roque11 posted:

Call me a Mecca poster all you want, but both Keller and Meltzer's comments back up what I am saying.

Roque11 posted:

Looks like WWE's big streak of signing I die names from around the world ends in 2016.

Gonna need some citations, a magnifying glass, and a compass to discover where they back this up, even ignoring the "I die" typo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's a $12.50 a month option

ed: Oh nice, apparently WWN confirmed their whole back catalog will be included, including DGUSA

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 29, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:smith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Has it been announced yet when PowerbombTV launches or is supposed to launch

I know DDT's streaming service is sometime in January, I'm assuming at the latest it'll be around that time

I'm excited about getting to watch DDT back catalog

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Powerbomb.TV posted:

"As we said, Lucha Libre will be a big part of http://www.powerbomb.tv . We're proud to announce that we've partnered with RIOT Lucha Libre, One of the premier independent companies in Mexico that features some of the top talents on the Indies there. We'll also be helping RIOT Production and production upgrades. We're really looking forward to bringing RIOT to the rest of the world.

That's not all though! http://www.powerbomb.tv has also partnered up with the two major sources of independent Lucha Libre in Mexico! First we're proud to announce that we've partnered with @carxyus. With Carxyus comes content from a wide variety of promotions and styles. Including Innova Aztec Power, Kamicazes del Ring, Xtrem Mexican Wrestling, Innovacion de Lucha Libre Mexicana, Los Rudos Neza and MORE! Whether it's hardcore, high flying, or technical Lucha Libre, @carxyus has you, and http://www.powerbomb.tv covered!

Last, but certainly not least, we're extremely happy to announce that we've partnered with @BLACKTERRY Jr! BT Jr grew up in Lucha Libre, The son of the legendary Black Terry. This has allowed him to ability to shoot ringside photos and video for a who's who of Lucha! BT Jr's intimate, in your face fan cam style of quality Lucha Libre comes to http://www.powerbomb.tv , giving you the chance to see Lucha Libre like you've never seen before. We cannot emphasize how excited we are about this!"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, that Black Terry Jr. news grabbed my attention immediately

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quoting from a bit ago

oatgan posted:

AIW, Freelance, SoCal Pro, Alpha-1, CaraLucha, DTU Extremo, Lucha Memes, Grand Slam Wrestling, High Risk Wrestling, Why We Wrestle, NWA Smokey Mountain, Tier 1 Wrestling, and a couple more i haven't heard of

couldn't care less about japanese promotions getting in on these streaming services because they're all easy to watch as it is but the mexican indies are super exciting possibilities, and a lot of the smaller regional usa promotions have good reputations with zero distribution

Powerbomb.TV and Tier 1 finally announced partnership. Only on demand confirmed, but live streams possible next year

Also they confirmed expected price point of $9.99 a month

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Has Joey now been fired from companies by email, phone, face to face, and social media

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Man kills own career for bad joke

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh hell yes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

4FW in the UK joined Powerbomb.TV (back catalog archives plus live stuff, including up to 100 events happening next year). C4 in Canada in talks

Also confirmed access for PC, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, and mobile

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

House of Hardcore added to FloSlam

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The guy who did the CZW Vice documentary did an article http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/the-ten-most-surprising-things-i-saw-at-tournament-of-death?utm_source=vicefbca

quote:

When we went to return the rental van, the employee inspecting it for damages freaked when he looked on the vehicle's roof and saw it was caked with blood and scratched beyond belief. I wanted to tell him it was from that moment when Ricky Shane Page and Tim Donst fought on top of it, but instead I said I didn't know what had happened and it was OK because we paid for the insurance.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Looks like CWE, Canadian Wrestling's Elite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gabe posted:

Ybor City, FL- The World Wrestling Network (WWN) will crown the first ever WWN Champion in Orlando, FL on April 1st at the WWN Supershow: Mercury Rising 2017. Go to https://www.morethanmania.com for more event info. The WWN Supershow will be broadcast at https://www.floslam.tv live.

The WWN Family is a variety of promotions, each with its own championships. Now that all the WWN promotions are broadcast live on FloSlam, WWN officials have decided to tie everything together with a WWN Champion. The WWN Champion will defend the WWN Title across WWN promotions. The format of the tournament to crown the first WWN Champion will be announced in the upcoming weeks.

The WWN Family includes:

-EVOLVE: The prestige men's promotion.
-SHINE: The prestige women's promotion.
-Full Impact Pro: The Wild West promotion.
-Style Battle: A tournament based promotion.
-American Combat Wrestling: The old school, regional promotion
-WWN Supershow: A conglomerate of all the promotions on one special event.

The WWN Champion will stand on top of The WWN Family. Who will represent WWN into the FloSlam era? Stay tuned.