Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

exploding mummy posted:

if anyone doesn't know about the UWF there are a few key points

1. It's all about the money
I believe you mean that paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

I really like how Joey Janela has rehabbed the main event of every lovely indie show I saw circa 2000-2010 featuring like Local Wrestler vs. [Barry Darsow/Jim Neidhart/ Koko B Ware/Virgil] by upping the talent level 10-20% and putting it in the midcard.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

abraham linksys posted:

oof, that's the first big MLA no-show, isn't it? feel like they've always had a surprisingly good track record, other than all the singles matches turning into triple threats or tags

what is with that, btw? is it cheaper for the promoter overall? it makes sense to me when it's like park vs rush or something and a hot feud and something you want to sell to another promotion, but i didn't think dragon lee vs rush was at that point. is it more just that more people = less active time per wrestler = easier match to wrestle?
I wouldn't be shocked if a big part of it is "fewer people have to take a pin/submission loss" especially with bigger name fly-ins.