Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

shiksa posted:

I dunno but it'd crack me up if the city council asked czw to stop associating their towns name with them

New Jersey once tried to pass a bill that would only ban CZW and not other wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

much like how IWA-MS's dumbshit got wrestling effectively banned in Kentucky.

In this case NJ proposed a bill that would ban "extreme wrestling." Except they defined extreme wrestling in a way that it wouldn't ban WWF, WCW and ECW. It would only target CZW. Despite ECW being extreme and all.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio just took Elgin's word and essentially made it out that Mo is crazy.

So are you backtracking on all of the tweets about her GoFundMe and lawsuit?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Edit: I'm not going to bother because I know discussing this will get the thread closed.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 6, 2019

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The loving king.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

I never understand the Nick Gage thing because I've seen basically nothing of his comeback and current run except for him nearly killing Arquette, so my whole idea of Gage is from old CZW where he just came off like the biggest piece of poo poo tool in a place that basically prided itself on being filled with piece of poo poo tools. Like if I'm remembering right even on guest commentary he'd just consistently storm off after having some random meltdown and be unable to say three sentences without dropping a slur or something.

I believe in reform so like I'm totally open to the idea that he got his poo poo together and people enjoy his act. I'm also open to the theory that it was all an elaborate act he just lived all the way to prison back then. But all I can picture when people talk about Gage is that tool from CZW who I thought was only tolerable when tagging with "the good" brother.

His brother is a much bigger actual tool than Gage.

Nick Gage had a horrible drug problem, went to prison and got out at a time when people are increasingly seeing the drug war and prison industrial complex for what they are. Fans see a super charismatic guy like Gage who kills themselves for the fans and tells the fans they love him and like him. Because how can you not at least respect that a little when a guy kills himself for you and tells you he is doing it all for you and loves you?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

What are some must watch BJW death matches from the last y year?

Start with Kodaka vs Takeda as it's pretty easy to find and was one of the best death matches of the year in any company.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

Thank you! I will start there! I do a death match presentation at a local anime con. First year I did King of the Death Match 95, last year I did FMW, this year however I'm kind of delving into more modern stuff that I'm not as familiar with so I'm going to be researching and learning a lot about BJW in the next few weeks.

It's not from BJW or Japan at all but watch the Fly Star vs Toxin Mask vs Mask match if you want a lucha death match vibe.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

forkboy84 posted:

Crowbar as in former north-east indies stalwart Devon Storm? Of course Joey Janela would try to make sure he got physical therapy from an almost retired wrestler. That's fantastic.

Yeah he's been a PT in Jersey for years.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Specifically: https://twitter.com/OfficialEGO/status/1105861554401103872

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

GCW took up the NOVA Pro spot on mania weekend and is just gonna run the show they were doing

NOVA was running an Orange Cassidy show?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Joey is going in on MLW.

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1108012509238304768

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

It has been three years, MRT do you want to create a new thread (or conversely, just update the OP)?

There will be a new thread coming soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Don't ever post in this thread again post in this one

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885207

If you post in this one (the one you are in now) you might be banned. You should be banned.