Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

RealFoxy posted:

Deej seems like a pretty intellegent, well-spoken guy but I don't know many who's a bigger mark for themselves than he is.

Vader and every other has-been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I've seen the name Anthony Henry a lot lately, I assume he's pretty good?

He was the breakout star of the Scenic City Invitational a couple months ago. **** opening round match with Lio Rush and a great performance in the Fatal 4-Way finals with Rave/Hero/Riddle

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

rovert posted:

Are you inspired enough to find a 2017 Chris Hero indie booking?

GOD drat IT

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I knew Colby was in trouble when they described what he had on him as paraphernalia. It's always hardcore poo poo when they use that terminology.

In this case I would agree but hell if you use a Bic lighter to tamp your bowl and get a resin smudge on the bottom a cop will count it as paraphernalia

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

They should book him better, obviously

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

really good. i don't know if i buy the entire internet narrative that he's just some prodigious talent developing at a meteoric pace, but he's probably the prohibitive won rookie of the year.

and he's still dumb as poo poo. he did an interview with chuck taylor and dan barry where he was obv blazed out of his mind and they spent 20 minutes talking about what zoo animals he could tap out with his bare hands.

That's not dumb as poo poo it's cool as hell

Also Dan's reaction when Riddle talks about making 120K in one night with UFC

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Like there's supposed to be a difference between young and old Randy Orton?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Don't play with my emotions like that, rovert, I know the man can pay the pot tax

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

get me Taya's autograph plz

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

So does "for our subscribers" mean free or does it mean we have the exclusive ability to pay for it

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

If you're already subbed you'll be able to watch it live.

*checks e-mail*

Good news, I got very drunk and subscribed last Friday

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

rovert when people on Twitter ask you to be more specific with poo poo you're dropping hints about you wave them off and say "I'm not a journalist" but when a journalist releases information you chastise them for not asking permission? Like, do you understand how journalism works or is this just another one of your things where other people are held to different standards than you

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Pinwiz11 posted:

Twitter has him as Hijo de Fantasma, I expect they used Cuerno in the hall for better name recognition. They did the same with Rey Horus (El Dragon Azteca Jr.) for his first visit.

LU gets after people who advertise using their trademarked names, they got mad about the Pentagon Dark name being used to advertise a show with Pentagon Jr

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Don't go back to Mexico you dumbasses, the Penas will have you abducted

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Muddy Burphy posted:

Is anyone going to the Scenic City Rumble in Chattanooga?

The guy I went to SCI with is going but I think I'm going to pass on this one

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

If you moved to American to escape AAA I don't know why you'd go back to Mexico for anything, especially with all the immigration/travel issues our dipshit-in-chief is causing

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I like wrestling

Mob fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 4, 2017

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Super No Vacancy posted:

-Kincaid was announced but maybe he's still injured
-they explicitly noted that Stephen Wolf was added to the Rosemont show because AAW officials were "impressed" with his LaSalle performances. having an indie dev territory is funny to me
-the Rosemont show is like, 3 miles from the Allstate Arena. somebody tweeted that it's "near sold out" and I'm presuming it's a p big venue
-I also like that the indie dev territory doubling as a place for Michael Elgin to wrestle former AAA guys for the first time
-Scarbo is presumably another fly-in now since she moved to Vegas
-the Logan Square date was previously announced but the Berwyn Eagles Club show next month is added so they're up to 20+ shows this year

Kincaid is out a few weeks with a stinger

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

From luchablog/cubsfan:

Pentagon is off today’s DEFY show in Seattle due to a personal emergency. I suspect that means he’s also not in AAW tomorrow but it hasn’t been announced yet.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Other than the first 45 minutes of the show when the stream was down, and the ABSOLUTE worst camera direction I've ever seen, it was a really fun show. This was my first time seeing Martina, who is possibly the best.

But seriously whoever was in charge of camera shots made Kevin Dunn look competent.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Glad I got to see Riddle/Penta, even with the weird fighting spirit finish. My stream died during Keith Lee's into

FloSlam was good for WM weekend stuff but I canceled it, it's not worth the price anymore

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

That looks like Kerry Awful giving the move but there's not near enough tattoos so I can't tell for sure.

Kentucky is home to lots of dirt feds, but at least they all put up flyers!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

rovert posted:

He is going to WWE. Notice he isn't taking bookings past June 10th.

Is that why Lio is only accepting promotional appearances and speaking engagements

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

his ex-fiance left him for the squat rack, NXT, and a much better wrestler

she's in a really good place now

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Grozz Nuy posted:

and he's young (and small) enough that WWE probably won't come sniffing around him any time soon.

Hmm

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

If you have to crowdfund a new venue, you haven't outgrown the old venue

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

They'd have to convince Jeff Cobb to join The Elite

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

At least Riddle has other commitments, he just can't use Google Calendar like a normal person

Maybe Alberto should start finding a coke plug in a city BEFORE he takes a booking there

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

hell yes White Mike

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I have my problems with WC but I can understand flight delays(if you were there in person I'm sure it blew having to piss 2 blocks away), I used my free sub on them because it seemed like the easiest way to get another promotion's shows for free, since I can't stand to watch people play video games.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

They don't. That's why they begged for money to get a new venue, claiming they'd "outgrown" their old one. It's money marks who have discovered they'd rather make money than break even or lose money, unfortunately they're also weirdo white guys who think they have to DIsRuPt tHe pRoCeSs so that's why they fall back on things like crowdsourcing, Patreon, and Twitch's subscriber/donation-friendly systems(formerly YouTube views).

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

and Wrestlecircus is overbooked because they're basically the promotion version of "get your poo poo in", except instead of wrestlers doing moves it's promoters/bookers building fantasy cards

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

how do you know it was him HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I think so, and they made a title and gave it to/named it after reddit to ensure tons of goodwill.

I'll never accuse these guys of not being carny enough for the wrestling business

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

If you have the Highspots network and a couple hours to kill, I highly recommend $10 Wrestling Presents: Backfat

The wrestling isn't good but the commentary just about killed me. Seven stars.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I skipped this year so I wouldn't bully Fray to the point of suicide

I know @ScandalousMurph is there but I don't know his SA name

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

CZW is the true home of fighting spirit

and amazing wrestlers-posting-on-Facebook takes

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

ha ha teacher you see, you said can I and not may I, of course you CAN, yet you may not!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm with Her(Rachel)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Skunkrocker posted:

Oh, no poo poo he was on the CZW card? The guy is a goddamn trooper, for real. Wrestled at SCI on friday. CZW Saturday. SUP sunday. Please tell me he's resting today.

Janela is a really super cool dude. He sat with me and a couple of other marks and Gary Jay at a dinner after round one of SCI. We talked synthwave for a bit. Was kind of hoping he'd listen to some of my WIP music, but I was too star struck to ask. :suicide:

He was supposed to work both nights of SCI but Lio requested him for CZW and apparently CZW covered his whole travel for the weekend to make up for it

He looked like death warmed over on Sunday at SUP but at least he resurrected country music