Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

mariooncrack posted:

How was Abyss/Cabana? I liked some of his brawling matches in the past.

Aggressively fine. That late without an intermission, I wasn't really into it. Colt stole a dude's phone and gave it to the ref. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
gently caress, I'm actively considering driving to LaSalle to see Kong-Callihan. It me, the mark of marks

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Is that...good? I follow indy wrestling to an extent and I've never heard of the dude?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

KungFu Grip posted:

Was there an AAW show this weekend?

Yesterday. I didn't go because of family stuff :sweatdrop:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Yessssssss gimme

And gently caress I forgot the Chicagoish show is the Rosemont one, heck yeah, short commute!

I am also mad hyped for Fox-Strickland part 7000 or whatever.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I have finally started watching PROGRESS from vol. 1 and oh my god 2012 Marty Scurll.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is that back when he was "Party" Marty Scurll?

It is, and it is glorious.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Just to add my quick AAW thoughts:

Sami Callihan made me love a Low-Ki match in TYOOL 2017 so he continues his hot streak of being the best(est) in the world since the NXT release. I could really do with a match where he doesn't do the Fake X-Throwing, I'm So Hurt thing, it was cool once, now, ehhhhhhhhh. Him taping up his jaw with the electrical tape was pretty great, though.

I am extremely in for the eventual Besties In The World breakup, but they just got new jackets, so that's all going to waste. Wasn't super-hype on them burning the tag-title match on a 38 second match, but what do I know from anything.

Drew Galloway is a very, very strong man, and owes DJZ like, seven dinners for making him look as such.

Abyss called an old lady in the front row an "old bag of bones" and I smile now even thinking about it.

Live wrestling is really good.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Oh goodness I forgot about Galloway throwing DJZ into the wall. :allears:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

MassRafTer posted:

The bottom one looks like absolute poo poo, terrible graphics quality.

It's for downstate, they don't get the full effort.

Annoyed I'm missing this week but Keith Lee :allears:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

I am excited to see the large man throw the relatively smaller pirate ninja about.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Rush-Strickland yesssssssssssss

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I don't wanna hot take all over the place or anything but holy gently caress ZSJ-Elgin at AAW tonight was MOTY-caliber??

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Super No Vacancy posted:

please see your way to the MOTY thread, deathlove-come-lately

You have my supports.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Wrestling card in a deli you say

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

I am extremely here for the Besties breakup angle after getting my Kong/Krane tag team champs angle delayed.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

RealFoxy posted:

Irish Airborne are one of the weirdest success stories for me because I would always see them in no name indies in WV all the time. It'd be like if Facade or Jason Kincaid became king of the indies.

When I started going to AAW shows after going to ROH shows in the early 00s I didn't recognize them, and then Jake was wearing a set of Irish Airborne gear for a match or something and my mind was blown.

Speaking of, AAW announced another show for the night before BOLA starts :cool:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Super No Vacancy posted:

Besties in the World - Mat Fitchett & Davey Vega

god willing, the "FRIENDSHIP ENDED WITH MAT. NOW ALEX/BEN IS MY BEST FRIEND" counter is at 17 days

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

didn't Kingston retire at the Logan Square show? I remember feeling sad about that. Now I'm sad about this.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

The_Rob posted:

Red dragon vs Marty and Zsj was such a loving rad match. Just 4 great wrestlers doing what they do best. Also Kieth Lee vs Lio Rush ruled. I also got Korean BBQ after and it tasted good. Five star show.

I am Very Hyped for Redragon-War Machine tonight. Very Hyped indeed.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Chris James 2 posted:

Please Don't Unmask Fenix Tonight

Max hype for tonight, even if the ending isn't really in doubt.

Have they only announced like, three matches? (Fenix/Callihan, OI4K/Xavier-Wentz, Cobb-Cage/Riddle-Fox) Who is Cody even facing? Paco? Dan Berry??

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
AAW was very good for the most Mystery Vortex of cards that it was, outside the tag and world title matches. Cody could've totally mailed that match in but dude took some stupid-rear end bumps in the crowd! I might actually have to make it downstate for Penta v. Fenix.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

oatgan posted:

Big Mike going the distance

This wouldn't surprise me too much considering how hard they were pushing him to take the belt off Callihan before ending it on a wet fart rollup.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
AAW was fun and good but man who gives a fuuuuuuuuuuuck about Teddy Hart in 2017?

Also the David Starr promo Friday was the third or fourth best thing of the weekend. More David Starr in AAW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsTIWqUUM_s

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Pinwiz11 posted:

Oh gently caress yes.

And Guevara yeahhhhhhhhhh

Did I miss the reason AAW doesn't run 115 Bourbon any more? Aesthetics? Rent? Proximity to Mr. Submarine?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Yo who's going to Berwyn this week and will buy me a ticket cuz I can't make it. I'll PayPal the money now and buy you Several beers.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Pinwiz11 posted:

While I would guess that Fenix will drop the belt sometime soon, I expect that any plans for an Elgin win quickly flew out the door over the last few days.

Paco is ready for the strap.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

TV Zombie posted:

Hart's not gonna show up.

He showed up last time!

Also calling Scarlet & Graves/Swerve In My Glory to steal the show. I am excited for AAW.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Charles Gnarwin posted:

They should have run somewhere in the city (UIC Pavilion?) so that it's easier to get to for all the PWT dorks flying in for the show. Hoffman Estates doesn't have the infrastructure to handle that many wrestling fans.

It's a straight shot up 90 from O'Hare, which means easy access to hotels and rental cars. And Medieval Times!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

This year just to avoid the best basketball wrestling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmWZ27FDJb0

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
They probably could have sold out Allstate.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsTIWqUUM_s

David Starr vs. Eddie Kingston in AAW is the best and after seeing this promo I'll never doubt him.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Super No Vacancy posted:

saturday lasalle

Paco should win the Heritage title. It would be Good.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

abraham linksys posted:

EVOLVE + PROGRESS released their venues for the August tour. They're running in the suburbs everywhere except for NYC, where they're technically running Brooklyn... in part that is basically inaccessible by public transit (there is one bus that I'm sure is incredibly unreliable, like all NYC busses). I'm pretty loving bummed about it :(

I mean, Cicero isn't really the suburbs. The El still goes there. I've driven by that place a ton and the only thing I've ever seen it hype is roller derby, though?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

TV Zombie posted:

Man, I feel like PWG has run some version of Horus vs Penta vs Fenix on every show as of late. Those matchups seem tiring.

Tbqh I felt this way about Fenix and Penta in AAW, too. Needed a break.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Super No Vacancy posted:

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/1027017790270722048

dragon lee is apparently on survivor mexico so lucha people say he's probably not making these shows

probably no dragon lee and yes rich swann? also Saturday afternoon for the second day? come onnnnnnnnnnnn AAW, gimme something to work with here.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Speaking of this, I've got a GA ticket for this that I can't use, if anyone wants ($0) it. (I'll sell it to someone on Twitter if a goon doesn't)

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

SalTheBard posted:

I'm a huge Besties fan and that first match made me sad

Literally gasped when I read the results.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

coconono posted:

he's a decent promo, good high flyer, great rear end.

Great theme, too (assuming he uses Lupe Fiasco - The Show Goes On everywhere that isn't NJPW). Seems like a good dude. I want only the best for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I totally forgotten they booked Paco for this, bless them.