Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Powerbomb.tv posted the first two Nova Pro Wrestling shows, so here's my rundown of the cards based on my bad memory. I've been in the front row for every Nova Pro show, and have never watched any video of the shows except some single matches on Youtube, so I can't necessarily comment on the commentary or camerawork.

I'll post a rating if I remember enough to note one, if not it probably means my default rating is "whatever" and you don't have to go out of your way to see that one. If they posted the match for free on Youtube I'll link it as well.

NOVA Pro Wrestling September 25, 2015 "NOVA Project" - Fairfax, VA (Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia)

1. Brandon Greene, Dominic D. & Shorty Smalls vs. BS Tiger, Naranja & Porkchop Jackson - FUN - This is the first appearance of your new favorite indy guy, Brandon "Money" Greene, who has a perfect waxed mustache and does a rich guy gimmick very well. Porkchop Jackson was great and I was bummed they didn't ever book him again.
2. Chet Sterling vs. Prakash Sabar - Prakash is the "X-Pakistani"
3. Beau Crockett vs. Bobby Shields
4. Arik Royal vs. Chase Owens - FUN - Going to see Chase Owens live like a month after I watched every BOSJ match in 2015 was the main reason I wanted to go to this show when I heard about it. I like Chase and Arik has grown into one of my favorites after seeing him every month at Nova.
5. Brandon Day & Jay Steel vs. The Bravado Brothers - Bravados are fun
6. Innocent Isaiah vs. Kacee Carlisle
7. Chucky Wynn & Sidney Porter vs. MIA & The Reason - Chucky Wynn has the Eugene gimmick, so this was bad
8. Logan Easton Laroux vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. Tim Donst - GOOD - Sonjay was supposed to face Ethan Case but Case was injured, so they combined the top two matches into this trios match. It was good, and my first look at "The Champion of the 1%" Logan Easton Laroux. Laroux (Race Jaxon in Chikara) has been the top heel in Nova the entire time and the 1% gimmick is worthy of it. He does a really good job in Nova.

NOVA Pro Wrestling January 31, 2016 "Stay Vicious" - Springfield, VA (Annandale Sports Center)

1. Smith Garrett vs. Timmy Lou Retton - Timmy Lou Retton is very good, I am a big fan
2. Brandon Greene, Rayo, and Prakash Sabar vs. George Gatton, Dan O'Hare, and Jeff Cannonball - FUN - Next appearance from "Money" Greene. Jeff Cannonball is good too.
3. Brandon Day vs. Bobby Shields
4. Logan Easton Laroux vs. Chet Sterling - GOOD - Watched the Youtube post to refresh my memory, it was solid. I think I can generally recommend watching Logan.
5. Frankie Pickard vs. Arik Royal - Frankie's underrated and they haven't booked him lately, but I don't remember this one being one of the stand-out Royal matches.
6. Beau Crockett and Innocent Isaiah vs. The Bravado Brothers - FUN - The historic first appearance of the Cutie and the Beast tag team, Beau and Isaiah.
7. Ethan Case vs. Sonjay Dutt - GOOD - The finish to the match launches the first major program in Nova Pro, so it leads in to the main event of the third show that I really liked.

Both shows only run about two hours and they are very good about not making anything in particular overstay its welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Hm, looks like some more shows are going up, I guess I have some more time this evening so here's the next two they added:

NOVA Pro Wrestling March 20, 2016 "Last Exit To Springfield" - Springfield, VA (Annandale Sports Center)
1. Ethan Alexander Sharpe and Rayo vs Beau Crockett and Innocent Isaiah - FUN - This one's got "Money" Greene AND The Cutie and the Beast, so it gets a thumbs up from me
2. Bobby Shields vs John Kermon - FUN - MMA vs. pro wrestling match, I'm a fan of this type of match and I thought they did a good enough job with it
3. Amanda Rodriguez vs Maria Manic
4. The Brutes vs Dan O'Hare and Jeff Cannonball
5. Arik Royal vs Tim Donst - This was probably fine, both guys are good.
6. Joe Keyes vs Ken Dixon vs Frankie Pickard vs Smith Garrett - I only remember this because they brought four guys out to do a four way match, for the CWF Mid Atlantic Television Title, and it's like 3 minutes long.
7. Brandon Day vs Matt Tremont - Brandon Day has no charisma, but Tremont is good of course
8. No Holds Barred: Logan Easton Laroux vs Sonjay Dutt - GREAT - This was my favorite Nova Pro match in the first five shows, but it could have been colored by just being a No DQ brawl around the building happening right in front of my face. I remember watching it back on Youtube when they posted it months later and not being as impressed, but I will stand by my original rating.

NOVA Pro Wrestling May 6, 2016 "You Only Move Twice" - Fairfax, VA (Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia)
1. Timmy Lou Retton vs. Frankie Pickard - FUN - This was a nice showcase for Timmy Lou Retton
2. Mecha Mercenary and Aaron Biggs vs. Jeff Cannonball and Dan O'Hare - This is four large guys in the ring and they're all fairly good big guys. This is the first appearance of the Mecha and Biggs team that is now known as "The Sandwich Squad."
3. Amanda Rodriguez vs. Veda Scott - Veda Scott's first appearance, but I don't particularly Amanda being anything special
4. Money Greene and Donnie Dollars vs. Cutie and The Beast - FUN - Once again you have CatB and "Money" Greene and I'm going to recommend that every time.
5. Bobby Shields vs. Cedric Alexander - Don't remember this one, but Cedric rules
6. Reed Bentley vs. Sean Studd - FUN - First Nova appearance of Sean Studd. Reed Bentley is one of my favorites, but the star of this match is the Sean Studd Cheering Section. For some reason every time he has been to Nova Pro there has been a contingent of literally like 20+ people that are LOUD for him and his moves and match, and then they disappear afterwards. Like, they all left after his match and the place was noticeably more empty and quiet for the last two matches.
7. Brandon Day vs. Tim Donst - Day and Donst feud in Nova Pro but I can't really remember any reason to recommend the feud other than the blow-off match on a later show.
8. Sonjay Dutt and John Kermon vs. Logan Easton Laroux and The Reason - Dutt and Laroux, the feud must continue. I think this one was fine, The Reason is not exactly a name guy to be thrown in with the other 3, and the match was billed as "Dutt and Kermon vs. Laroux and Mystery Partner" and that's who it was.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Pro wrestling is good
https://twitter.com/IAmDJZ/status/906551656640335874

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
This weekend is the beginning of year 3 of NOVA Pro Wrestling. Hard to believe it's been two years and that I have managed to make it to every show. Here's my rundown of the card, to the demand and clamor of nobody. I've also not forgotten that they put up the fifth show on Powerbomb, I'll do a write-up for that soon.

NOVA Pro Wrestling presents “NOVA Project 3”
Friday September 22nd, 2017 - Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia

Who is the Franchise?
"Ace" Arik Royal vs Logan Easton LaRoux

Royal has only lost one singles match out of thirteen in NOVA, and it was to Logan in the Commonwealth Cup finals after wrestling two matches already that night. Ace is going to try and Pounce his way to victory but LaRoux is untouchable on top here, so it could go either way. Logan's never come close to getting what he deserves and hasn't even been meaningfully defeated in Nova since February. Maybe they can let him be on top this whole year and make a really long build out of somebody finally punishing him. Neither Sonjay nor Chet were able to do that in their feud.

Last Man Standing
Beau Crockett vs Innocent Isaiah

The Cutie and the Beast explosion continues. This one might be the blow-off match, but we'll see.

Angelus Layne vs Mia Yim
I don't feel like Angelus has any chance against returning hometown Mae Young Classic hero Mia, but the match should be good. I don't know, maybe Angelus can get over but it could just as easily move towards a "Keith Lee destroyed her" story.

The Ugly Ducklings vs The Carnies (Nick/Kerry)
Two of the hottest acts in the promotion collide. I think I'm looking forward to this most of all.

John Kermon vs "Safety First" Tim Donst
Looks like the "Safety First" gimmick is official, which is a bit much for me but I guess you can never escape insufferable indy crowds.

Curt Stallion vs Sonjay Dutt
Excited to see Curt for the first time.

Chet Sterling & "The Progressive Liberal" Dan Richards vs Bobby Shields & Alexander James
Richards clearly sold some tickets last time so they're not wrong in bringing him back, but all 3 of the other guys are a higher level of worker than him here. I guess Shields and James are in the "One Percent" stable lead by LaRoux, so that will be the story.

Jordynne Grace vs Allie Kat
Fan favorite and my favorite Allie Kat is back again to battle Jordynne Grace. This one should be good.

Dominic Garrini vs Chip Day
Chip had an MMA vs Wrestling match against John Kermon last month and I guess they liked it enough to book it again. Kermon/Day wasn't my favorite of the MMA vs Wrestling matches they've had in NOVA, so we'll see about this one.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Yeah they didn't announce anything for Faye that I can see. The closest thing she has to a feud in NOVA is with Veda Scott, who isn't on the show. Maybe she will get into one of the other matches or do a squash against a local talent, who knows.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Here's my review that I never got around to writing last weekend.

NOVA Pro Wrestling - September 22, 2017 - NOVA Project 3 - Fairfax, VA (Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia)

0a. Isaiah Frazier vs Ken Dixon vs AC Hawkes vs The Juggernaut

0b. Donovan Danhausen vs Sage Philips

1. Sahara Seven vs Faye Jackson - This was short and fine. They wrestled two months ago and I presume Sahara is local, and in the end they didn't have anybody else to book Faye against. Sahara's promising.

2. Dominic Garrini vs Chip Day - Ended up being better than Kermon vs Day from last month. Garrini is really good and I'm happy whenever they book him. He was leaving as Kermon came out and they got in each other's faces so they may be doing that rematch or program soon.

3. John Kermon vs Tim Donst - Listen, I was mad on the internet about Donst's "Safety First" gimmick in NOVA the first few times. It's the crowd's fault and I still hate the crowd. BUT Tim Donst is living the gimmick now. He came out to Safety Dance and he wore a hard hat and neon safety jacket. "Safety First" Tim Donst is good now. Match was good I think, I don't remember.

4. The Ugly Ducklings (Lance Lude & Rob Killjoy) vs The Carnies (Kerry Awful & Nick Iggy) - Two of my favorite teams had what I would presume is their standard match. They're both great, but I would say that it ends up meaning that I rate it as the first "good" Ducklings match in NOVA compared to the two previous "great" ones. The Carnies debuted a new theme music here and it's tremendous.

5. Curt Stallion vs Sonjay Dutt - Curt was very good. I hope to see more of him in the future. The "guy yelling questions to the wrestlers during the match" was at his worst here, but Stallion yelled SHUT YOUR MOUTH and everyone in the section cheered so he shut up for the most part for the rest of the night. After the match Sonjay brought a 4 year old girl from the crowd (Allie Kat's biggest fan) into the ring, that was sweet.

6. Alexander James & Bobby Shields vs Chet Sterling & "The Progressive Liberal" Daniel Richards - Dan Richards is so bad. I guess he's decided that he's going to own the "one note" gimmick because he did his promo against the 1% rich guy stable opponents here then during the match he did Hulk Hogan moves. Big boot and leg drop with posing. Give me a break. Combo that with the profile from last week where he called a fan a bitch and said his dream is to work for WWE as enhancement talent, I'm even more over him than I already was.

7. Allie Kat vs Jordynne Grace - Solid match. Both are always welcome here and Allie took the match more seriously to match Jordynne's intensity.

8. Beau Crockett vs Innocent Isaiah (Last Man Standing) - This one didn't work for me. It's a storyline feud coming to a theoretical conclusion, but Isaiah is a Cheeseburger-size guy so even with weapons and gimmicks I just didn't buy that he ever had a chance in a match like this. It was almost 20 minutes long and that was too much after too long of a day to that point. They did a stretcher job and Isaiah went dark on Twitter for a full week and posted a video about how he had a serious concussion, but I can't tell for sure if it is a work. If he really got a concussion, it was not worth it for this match.

9. Angelus Layne vs Mia Yim - Really good even though it was short. My questions about the booking bore out, because just as the match was getting going they played Brittany Blake of all people's music over the PA to distract Angelus, but Blake never came out and it allowed Mia to get the local celeb win without killing Layne's heat. Blake is good, but Angelus destroyed her two months ago so I don't know what kind of feud they're going to have.

10. Logan Easton LaRoux vs Arik Royal - Tremendous 25 minute match, one of the best matches in NOVA Pro history. Nobody had truly defeated Logan in NOVA so far, and the quality of the match and the history of both Arik and Logan in the promotion made it feel like it was the right time to do it. Tons of hot near falls, a sequence brawling through all 4 sides of the crowd, and Logan being forced to tap out by the Ace of NOVA Pro sent everyone home happy from a show that ran long on a Friday and appropriately celebrated two great years of wrestling in northern Virginia.

A few days after the show NOVA Pro, which had previously said this was the first show they were taping with an "in house" crew, announced that the floor cam's battery had went bad after match (I think) 3 on the list above, so they were going make a file with hard cam only for matches 0-3 and then full editing for 4-10 and put it on Powerbomb instead of trying to sell it on Smart Mark.

That said, quality-wise it was a one match show where the one match delivered above and beyond, but nothing else on the show was really worth going out of your way to see. It was still a fun time as it always is. When it's up on Powerbomb I recommend the main event, especially if you can fit in any of the early shows they've posted just to see how far the promotion has come.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Might take the bus to this one
https://twitter.com/wuwworldwide/status/922647413365596160

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
NOVA Pro is tonight. I didn't get around to writing up a preview, but enjoy the poster:
https://twitter.com/VAWrestling/status/914265190149103619

Anybody need me to pick up any merch at the show?
https://twitter.com/VAWrestling/status/918156014846926849
https://twitter.com/VAWrestling/status/920081594475536384

NOVA Pro posted:

NOVA Pro Wrestling presents “Pumpkin Spice Lariats”
Friday October 27th, 2017
Annandale Volunteer Fire Dept
7128 Columbia Pike Annandale, VA 22003
Doors Open: 7:15 Belltime: 8:00

Featuring
DJ Z debuts against Sonjay Dutt!

Battle of the Sexes
Jordynne Grace vs Fred Yehi

Anarchy Triple Crown Title Match
Gunner Miller defends the title against “Safety First” Tim Donst!

Cool For The Summer - Rematch
The Ugly Ducklings vs Arik Royal and Chet Sterling

Logan Easton LaRoux has issued an open challenge for the PWI Ultra J title!

Pick Your Partners Tag!
Brittany Blake and John Kermon vs Angelus Layne and Dominic Garrini

Singles Action
Bobby Shields vs Tripp Cassidy

One Crazy Summer - Rematch
Sage Philips vs. Ken Dixon

Dress like your favorite wrestler night!
Also Appearing: Faye Jackson, Beau Crockett, Chip Day, Sugar Dunkerton and more!
I think we're going to get a Logan Easton LaRoux vs. Sugar Dunkerton match tonight. I hope.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I bought a ticket to this:
https://twitter.com/wuwworldwide/status/929488076631691265

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
If you have Powerbomb you can now watch Shane Strickland vs. Cedric Alexander, maybe the best match I’ve seen live
https://twitter.com/powerbombtv/status/930815380804788225

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

rovert posted:

I hope this isn't the case and overblown but apparently Mia Yim badly broke her ankle here:

https://twitter.com/VAWrestling/status/934272459200712704
It wasn't like one of those backwards or Sid things, she was able to roll herself out of the ring and hobble to the back.

Mia and Sahara blew one of those flipping package driver things like Zeuxis or Penta 0M do. I saw there was an ambulance and fire truck when I left the show but I wasn't sure if it was for MIa or Sahara. Sahara seemed possibly concussed, there was some confusion in the ring because she couldn't kick out after the blown spot. But she got up enough for LuFisto to do a move or two on her and get the pin.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Send Taguchi to Mexico to team with Mr. Niebla and Pierroth

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I booked an AirBNB in Tucker already, gonna put a tracker on flights. The March NOVA Pro show is booked for the 10th so no conflict there. Excited to return to Mucha Lucha.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I will be in the front row in an Ingobernables hoodie, I am not happy about this being on a weeknight where I have to work tomorrow but what can you do

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
First hour’s free and live
https://twitter.com/powerbombtv/status/946526955737964546

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
What's the story about SCI weekend?

NOVA Pro put this out too which is probably related?
https://twitter.com/VAWrestling/status/950193586393567232

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I'm just going to put these in here because I don't know what else to do with them.

They're from Belle Generico's Instagram story. I don't know her, I'm following her because she got RTed by NOVA Pro like a year or more ago. She's posted lately about getting out of wrestling fandom, which is why she has a more generic username instead of bellegenerico.

Is there a news site I can send them to (not Dave) that could investigate this?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
NOVA Pro's "Cupid's Chokehold" last night was a solid show. It feels like they've been hitting their niche which is a fine workrate with good character work and comedy. That's what you want when you see a local wrestling show. I don't need indie geeks trying to do a super indie five star match all night.

Graham Bell did do a top rope tope con giro to cap off a series of dives in the opening six-man scramble, so he jumped up on my radar. He's been here a few times and he has an air bazooka but he didn't have it last night, people in the crowd asked him about it and he said someone stole it. John Kermon was supposed to be one of the competitors in the scramble but Cain Justice ran out and destroyed him before he could get in the ring. Cain didn't wrestle so I guess he drove all the way up here just to do a one minute beat down.

Alexander James vs Jaxon Stone was very good. I wouldn't mind James leaving the 1% stable and feuding with Logan Easton Laroux.

Jordynne Grace vs Isla Dawn vs Laynie Luck was very good. Isla was making her debut in the promotion and got over well. She did a dragon sleeper in the camel clutch position where she hooked her arms behind her own back.
https://twitter.com/AwesomestBen/status/964673734509461505

LuFisto vs Faye Jackson was LuFisto managing to get a decent match out of Faye, against the odds. LuFisto got over as a heel by saying gently caress in front of a kid. And it was just great to see LuFisto wrestling because she announced on Thursday that she's battling cervical cancer.

Ugly Ducklings vs The Hooligans brought the house down. The Ducklings coach guy was here for the first time I think. One of the Hooligans did a flip and the crowd lost their poo poo. Match was good.

Post-intermission a yelling things guy had moved seats to be right behind me and it made the second half of the show a little worse.

Logan Easton Laroux vs Wheeler YUTA was good, YUTA got way over going against the top heel and the crowd thought he was going to win. Logan cheated to win.

"Safety First" Tim Donst vs War Horse Jake Parnell was good with a hot crowd. Parnell actually got heat by saying "safety last." Tim Donst has gotten the Safety First character over to the point that he could do nothing but the bits and do a roll-up and everyone would go home happy. He wouldn't have to take a single bump. But he's Tim Donst so after the 5-10 minutes of the character he still does a good wrestling match.

The Carnies (Nick Iggy and Kerry Awful) vs Pow Meow (Allie Kat and Christi Jaynes) was the match of the night. It was awesome because the Carnies are perfect at character work and everyone involved knew to make it just a little about intergender but mostly just wrestling. The actual story was that the Carnies didn't want to fight a cat. Christi has challenges as a worker but they accounted for it in the construction of the match.

Main event was Arik Royal vs Gunner Miller. Match was fine but it went 18 minutes after the show had already been going for over 3 hours on a Friday night. I was kinda done by that point, and it was hard to get up again after I was so high on the previous match. Also the yelling guy behind me spent the entire match yelling "LET'S GO TENNESSEE" and "LET'S GO ALABAMA" for some reason. Gunner won with a Jackhammer, so I guess after Royal went 2 years it NOVA without losing until he lost to Logan in last year's Commonwealth Cup final, he can lose now sometimes if they need to put someone over.

Overall it was a show that was consistent top to bottom with good matches. Worth a look on SMV or Powerbomb or whatever later if you just want to check out what a good indie that's not "super indie" can look like in 2018.

Next show set is on 3/10 where they have an afternoon try-out show followed by the night show that is all women.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
This is an important part of the story:
http://twitter.com/wrestlingbubble/status/965312870442553344

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Rump Thump

http://twitter.com/VAWrestling/status/966764408486682625

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Rump Thump was unable to appear on the NOVA Pro tryout show.

But there was this
http://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/972591499253870593

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I liked Jinx. The name of the guy with the doll was Abel Thirteen according to Andy the ring announcer.

Top prospects to me were Harlow O’Hara, Darius Lockhart, The Mason Dixon Line tag team, Abel Thriteen, The Abominable CPA, and Jordan Blade.

Jordan Blade wrestled Harlow O’Hara on the main card. She had her first ever pro wrestling match on last year’s try-out show and I’d say she’s very good for that little experience.

Try-out show was too long (3.5 hrs / 18 matches) and too many people tried to do straight wrestling matches instead of character work. The triple threat with CPA vs Goat guy vs Zen guy was one of the best matches because everyone just got their bits in.

Main show was okay. Crowd was not that hot, too many plain singles matches, and half the crowd had been at the site since 2 PM so they were worn out. I was mad off the bat because the first match on the all-women show was... Logan Easton Laroux and Bobby Shields vs Tim Donst.

I was not familiar with Rain and neither was the crowd. She was good in the ring but did not have the charisma to come in as an unknown and get the crowd into her as a main event challenger for Angelus Layne. Also the match had a lame finish and didn’t even go 10 minutes.

Next month is the “Old Dominion Rumble” with 30 participants so I presume some of the try-out guys will be back.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
And only Moose, Sami, and Teddy in terms of gross shitbags on one card

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
If it costs under $20 to buy a share I am going to buy one and write "get rid of the Nazi" under every post

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I still believe that they could have sold an extra 3000 tickets if they put a Park vs Rush match on the card, maybe more if it was something dumber like Park vs Wagner mask vs hair. Oh well.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
If they don’t book Harlow O’Hara, Angelus Layne, and Isla Dawn, they’re fuckin’ up

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

coconono posted:

I will never not be a sucker for a stupidly overwrought entrance, thank you Cara Noir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJVP74exMvc
I enjoyed this video but it is sticking out to me that the character he’s doing seems to be named “Black Face”

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
NOVA Pro's Old Dominion Rumble was last night, their first event of its type.

Undercard matches were good. I'd recommend Angelus Layne vs Laynie Luck, Jonathan Gresham vs Sage Phillips, and Jordynne Grace vs Shazza McKenzie when the show goes up on SMV or PB.tv. Sage is a local guy that is Cheeseburger-size and kind of an underdog character and since Gresham is basically the same size and is one of the best in the world, he got Sage working far above his usual level.

Rumble was a Rumble. 75 seconds per entrant and it started at like 10:30 (show started at 8) which meant I wasn't out the door until almost 11:30, which is pretty unacceptable to me. They seem to be booking shows closer together this summer, maybe that will mean they scale back the cards a bit.

Arik Royal won and got the right to call his shot at Commonwealth Cup in June, he chose to face Logan Easton Laroux in the first round, a rematch of NOVA Pro's best match of 2017. Final four was Royal, Gunner Miller, Allie Kat, and Angelus Layne.

Newsworthy events from the show:
-Logan interjected himself into Gresham's rematch with Hot Sauce and I guess kind of indicated that he had paid off Stoke for the opportunity
-Angelus Layne seems to be aligned with Harlow O'Hara now as she ran in to allow Harlow to beat Faye Jackson
-The mime character entered the Rumble while Logan was in there (he was under the mime mask last time) and tossed Logan out, not sure if that will also be a story that gets paid off
-Graham Bell did not find his bazooka
-Cain Justice still has a grudge against John Kermon
-Laynie Luck blew out her knee in the Rumble and had to quit the match

Next show is May 11 live on PowerBomb.tv. Main event is Tracy Williams vs Jonathan Gresham vs Logan Easton Laroux for the PB.tv Independent Championship.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Not sure where to post this, but I didn't realize how close the spring break 2 thing was to the wrestler trailer. Its pretty funny.

http://youtubedoubler.com/nJXU
This is incredible.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
If you have PowerBomb, the Hooligans vs Ugly Ducklings match from tonight’s live stream is worth going out of your way to see

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Main event of NOVA, Logan Easton Laroux vs Jonathan Gresham vs Tracy Williams is also worth your time.

But in other news, first round of Commonwealth Cup on June 9 has PCO vs Nick Gage. If anyone wants to come sit in the front row with me.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Nick Aldis has to get through “The Gifted” Isaiah Frazier at next month’s NOVA Pro show (same one with Gage vs PCO on 6/8) if he wants to make it to All In

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
No, this one will be a show they sell on Smart Mark first which means I think they don’t load it to Powerbomb until later. Other than PB streamed shows, it looks like they’re running 6 months behind on there because the next most recent is October.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Reminder that NOVA Pro’s Commonwealth Cup is streaming on Powerbomb tonight.

First round includes Nick Gage vs PCO.

Gunner Miller and Eddie Kingston pulled out of the show, replacements are Homicide and Jonathan Gresham.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I thought it was Too Much. I don't understand how he let the night shows start to creep above 3 hours and why he keeps letting them stay there. The afternoon show Saturday was barely 2 hours and it was nice.

Anyway, I got these:
https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1005297446300344320
https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1005949364311875584

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

neonbregna posted:

Agreed. While everything was good the crowd seemed to get fatigued during the last third. I wonder if it would make sense for them to run a show every 3 weeks or so
I am concerned about the finances in general because the gate has been way down the last few shows. The afternoon show Saturday had less than 100 people and the two night shows seemed to only draw about 200. Coming from the end of last year having a few shows around 300+, it's concerning.

Then again, I think Mike King gets the undercards for basically free, there seem to be a lot of lower level people that will drive in from Ohio or Georgia or whatever to wrestle 5 minutes on the pre-show. And there is a chance of it paying off to some degree, I mean Isaiah Frazier has languished here for a year or more and he got to wrestle Nick Aldis for the NWA title.

Also in case you didn't see it, the lol / groan of the weekend was that Brad Stutts was doing commentary on the Friday pre-show and people at the show gave him poo poo for it so he tweeted that Brad will no longer be appearing. Then his wife tweeted out like "Mike came home crying because Social Justice Warriors made him tell his close friend that he couldn't work his wrestling shows any more"

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Deonna's on the NOVA Pro show Friday but, oof
https://twitter.com/VAWrestling/status/1007431550470967297

At least there's these:
https://twitter.com/VAWrestling/status/1013575576987332608
https://twitter.com/VAWrestling/status/1010176359887499264

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

forkboy84 posted:

Other than being an arrogant shite, what's Aries done to warrant such esteemed company?
Forcibly thrust his crotch into a woman's face on a TNA show because she messed up his ring introduction or something

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Sub Rosa posted:

What's the oof? Faye is very charismatic and entertaining. Faye is a bit green in the ring, but improving quickly. Her match at CWF Saturday night was way better than I expected.
Faye is over and I don't go to NOVA for workrate, it's true, but Faye is going to be over no matter who she faces. When you have a high level worker like Deonna coming in for one last show you gotta at least book her against Harlow or Angelus or something. You have Deonna and Shazza on the same show and they aren't working against each other, that seems like a wasted opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I meant over with the crowd, as in the crowd will be happy with Faye's match no matter who she is facing.