Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I guess I'm going to a Maryland Championship Wrestling show next month where Hall, Nash, and Damian Sandow are appearing. looking forward to it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MagicCube posted:

Cody got his first indy booking and can check one off his list:
Smart to get that one out of the way first!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

It's "Johnny Puto," not "Johnny Queero." They turn "puto" into "zero" because, from what I gather, "puto" is an incredibly offensive word in Spanish.

e:f,b
It's roughly analogous to calling him "Johnny human being" in English.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aw yeah, gonna feed The Ryback Rules some Panera!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope Progressive advertises on Flo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't care until ESW (RIP Wicked J) is available on it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Man kills own career for bad joke

I'm sure it's not the first time, wrestling or otherwise.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

oatgan posted:

https://m.facebook.com/mickieljames/posts/1640214492670850

"you CAN NOT fire an independent contractor" is my one big takeaway here

Someone needs to tell Vince before the lawyers of everyone he has fired find out!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I thought the whole thing is he was gone for awhile then just returned this year.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yesssssssss

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Didn't someone announce a "Best of Chris Hero 2016" DVD?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MCW put up Lio Rush vs. Anthony Henry for free. Was easily the best match of the night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhjnvRMmZkg

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

which one touched paige and got slapped

The red one

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope the train wins the title.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's a long-rear end show.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

They make good pirogi.

Dang. Wanna eat some pirogi and watch wrestling.

Also it is weird to me to see indie shows like that. Even MCW here manages to have bigger crowds. But I suppose maybe there is more to do in Enfield, CT than in Joppa, MD. Maybe?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Sometimes the issue is having a venue that can host a decent sized crowd. We have an indy that runs here regularly, but there's only a few places they can run and they're all about 300 or 400 person max capacity. They could probably pack in 500-600, maybe even 700 people based on interest (every sold has shown out and had people turned away trying to buy admission at the door). But the only venue in Thunder Bay that could host a larger crowd are too big, as our Community Auditorium can pack in a bit over 1500, and is largely for bands and orchestras and our hockey arena, The Gardens, seats a little under 5,000. A wrestling promoter ran a show in the Gardens with Terry Funk, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, Vampiro, Honky Tonk Man, and Hannibal. I think he drew about 1000 people? Which is a good crowd for an indy....but not good given what he probably paid to rent the Gardens for the evening.

If we had a venue that could seat about 1100 people, that'd be perfect, especially if it were capable of hosting both bands and stuff like wrestling.

Yeah that makes sense, the "MCW Arena" (big empty room in a flea market) holds about 1000 and they've been sold out or close to it at every show I've been to. They could probably get 1400 for a big show if they had the space. And their next show has Jack Swagger so hopefully they find that space!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh man I should get some Korean food then see Cabana Man Dan

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-Pakistani was at King of Trios last year and part of the tag team gauntlet. They knocked out a team and the final team to enter was DX: X-Pac and Billy Gunn. X-Pakistani started marking out in the ring. It was great. Also he's like half of X-Pac's size.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boco_T posted:

Yeah that was from the Nova Pro show over the weekend that I posted the report on, where the number one thing I had to say was "the crowd was awful."

They also announced that Joey Janela will be here on 7/14, Sonjay Dutt vs. Matt Cross, and... this:
https://twitter.com/VAWrestling/status/874312985694654468

I already know Timmy Lou rules, and that's just about the two best pro wrestling photos I've ever seen together as one.

EDIT: OH, the guy that posted that Allie Kat video tweet is the one that was yelling the interview questions at the wrestlers during the matches. So, he was the main problem at the show.

God this looks ridiculous. I might have to go if I remember.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

Attack of the Show is back in pog form? That was like the only good part of G4.
I liked X-Play, too.

But yeah, G4 was pretty bad.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Man I don't know how anyone can do deathmatches.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Well, I found out the PROGRESSIVE LIBERAL is doing a show here next month, so I guess I'm going that. Then Lio Rush's final(?) MCW show is the next week, so I guess I'll also go to that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm going to:

Grudge Match
Keith Lee makes his debut against Angelus Layne

6 Man Tag Warfare
The Carnies (Kerry Awful Nicky Iggy and Tripp Cassidy) vs The 1% (Logan Easton LaRoux, Bobby Shields and Alexander James)

The NOVA Pro debut of the “Progressive Liberal” Daniel Richards vs Money Greene!

First Time Ever
Fred Yehi vs Tim Donst

Mixed Tag!
The Booty and The Beast (Innocent Isaiah and Faye Jackson) vs Veda Scott and Chuck Taylor!

Also Appearing: Logan Easton LaRoux, Arik Royal, Chet Sterling, Veda Scott, The Sandwich Squad, John Kermon, Fred Yehi and much more

and

After Joey Matthews' actions at Shamrock Cup XVII, MCW Pro Wrestling owner Dan McDevitt stated, "We are adding Saturday, August 12 to the schedule...#FinalHour Lio Rush's last Match. He will have his last independent wrestling match in the same building he was trained to be a pro wrestler. I am giving him the option of who he wants to wrestle. It will also be fan appreciation night- $10 General Admission tickets.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got to see the Progressive Liberal tonight!

He's...not very good.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I probably can't give a good rundown just because I'm not great at that. That tag match both teams seemed to be working as some sort of tweener. I'm not sure I would say there was a clear heel or babyface. It was a pretty fun match though. One of the better ones, for sure. Let's see what I can remember:

There was some sort of tag match going on, but we got there late and only really caught the end.

Brittany Blake fought Allie Kat in a decent match. The crowd seemed mixed on who to cheer for. Blake won with a WWE-patented rollup when Kat was arguing with the ref who pulled out a laser pointer and distracted her.

Fred Yehi vs Tim Donst was a fun match, though it took awhile to get going as they did some comedy bits at the start. Donst offered Yehi one of his kneepads for safety. Yehi accepted it after getting dropped on a knee and getting hurt. He then went to do something off the ropes and they were too loose (the ring crew loosened them before the match), so they stopped and tightened the ropes with lots of "SAFETY FIRST" chants going on.

Innocent Isaiah and Faye Jackson vs. Veda Scott and Chuck Taylor TM was okay, Isaiah and Jackson were the faces and Scott and Taylor were the heels. Taylor sang a song before the match. It involved lots of mixed-gender action (since Isaiah is a tiny guy and Jackson is a large woman), and heels won, I believe.

Dan Richards the Progressive Liberal vs. Money Greene had clear alignments and Richards won in a short, not great match. Money Greene seems fun.

6-man tag between The Carnies and The 1%. The Carnies were supposed to be the babyfaces here, but the 1% were getting a lot of support (including an entire section that had light up foam fingers). It dragged and the kind of small ring made it all seem like it was constantly full. There was some weird spot where the Carnies made one of the 1% do a Canadian destroyer off the turnbuckle on another one? It wasn't clear and didn't make a whole lot of sense. The Carnies won with a tombstone piledriver and the Undertaker pin. This dragged a bit longer than seemed necessary.

Keith Lee fought Angelus Layne in a no-DQ match. The stipulation was barely relevant, though, as the most that happened was Layne using a chair on Lee a few times. His big slaps on her chest were crazy, and it was about as good a match as I would have expected. Lee eventually won, and showed Layne respect for fighting hard.

Overall, it was a fun show, and I'll totally go again, but it was longer than I thought it would be. They had a pre-show match at like 7:45, we got there around 8:15 (official start was 8), and it went until almost 11. I think MCW puts on a better product overall, but this is closer, and live wrestling is always fun.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I want to go to it, but I have to get up early the next morning, so probably won't. Oh well.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm not sure which shitshow I want to watch more: this, or UF vs. UT.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

This will be less defensive that's for sure.
"More offensive" would have been a better joke imo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

XWA needs to steer into the curve and book a full supercard of guys with legal troubles.

I didn't know Slipknot was a wrestler

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Explosions posted:

El Patron sighs. His work is never through, perro.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I always get weirded out when people talk about Melbourne Championship Wrestling since one of the my localish feds is also MCW, but the M is Maryland.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

I misread that as Jeri Ryan and was briefly confused
Obama was president because of her.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

whose the knockoff la parka

Moooooooooooods

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A big sheet of plywood with "APOLOGIZE TO ROVERT" spray-painted on the side

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This is the greatest news in the history of our sport.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The indy that runs my town had Ron Simmons booked as a special enforcer for matches across a Canadian tour but Ron can't make the show in my town and a couple others because of a family thing. His replacement?

2 COLD SCORPIO.

That's an upgrade, no disrespect to Ron. One of my first WCW memories was Scorpio being Ron's mystery partner on a Clash of the Champions, and Scorpio doing the 450 and my Dad, my brother and I all losing our poo poo because we'd never seen the move before.
:drat:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Baron Corbyn posted:

I meant that you were responding to me talking about an upcoming Matt Riddle vs Will Ospreay match.

Anyway, looks like Vince Russo's invite to All In was quickly rescinded when Cody got wind of it

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/995169670285156352?s=19

Thanks to this I learned Vince Russo has me blocked on Twitter. I have no idea how that happened.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coconono posted:

Nova Pro is some good stuff if you dont have a local indie of your own to root for.
What if they are my local indie? :ohdear:

(I like MCW more, but NoVa Pro is more local.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sami's gimmick is being an unsafe rear end in a top hat which is all the reason you should need to not want to give him money.