Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sami's NXT gear looked like he poo poo himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Who does Metroplex wrestle? The Titanweight class ranks are pretty small

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boco_T posted:

The BBQ and meatballs out of a crockpot were the best part of early NOVA Pro and even though the food trucks they’ve gotten have been some of the best food I’ve had in this area I’m still mad I don’t get to eat that meatball sandwich once a month

Why would you eat at the show and not save your hunger for KBBQ afterward?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Apparently known shithead Sami Callihan got some high school kid to draw him t-shirt designs, promising a t-shirt and credit, and hasn't delivered on either.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/97d7ee/sami_callihan_is_using_my_shirt_designs_without/

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

I do a podcast with a guy from Spain who is working on new theme music for Sami. I'll make sure to pass this along to him so Sami doesn't gently caress him over.

EDIT: My friend goes "drat we haven't had any contact with him since we sent him the demo. I hope he doesn't use the unfinished track."

Well, looks like he did eventually get paid, but it took some public shaming. Hope it works out better for your friend

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

WWE sent Velveteen Dream to EVOLVE to wrestle Darby and Theory
Instead of getting promoted, he got relegated.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rovert posted:

Never said on Twitter it was a top name or even a wrestler. It isn't Stoke either.

Anyway:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIuiyypK1d8

You forgot to switch to your Roque account

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Apparently the NOVA Pro promoter has been stealing money from his wife to pay the wrestlers. As if that company wasn't scummy enough.

What else is scummy about them? I haven't kept up.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

davidbix posted:

Did this get posted somewhere?

He got a hooker from him.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rovert posted:

Gabe runs hot and cold inspiration wise historically. But at recent shows, he's been the most burnt out and not caring anyone has seen him.

https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/1046921460206440450

The big three issues seem to be the product simply not drawing, a lack of loyalty/professionalism from this current generation of wrestlers (drat millennials) and him being overstretched by his WWE job.

I went to the Evolve show at the MCW Arena, and I was really surprised how few people were there. MCW shows seem to consistently fill the space (or at least have the times I've gone), while Evolve maybe half filled it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Velveteen Dream got a good pop when I saw him, but it probably didn't hurt that he's a local guy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rovert posted:

I believe they sold 140 tickets to one of the Dream shows before him being added to the card.

Gabe privately has referred to WWE names as a "lifeline".

It is a dynamic that has lead to Gabe's recent burn out issues.

Probably the show I went to. The local promotion tends to fill the space for their shows. Evolve definitely did not.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chicago-made Ali

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coconono posted:

yeah his name is TheCool69

Nice.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hope he's okay.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A DC-area theater company is running a wrestling show for....some reason. Anyway, they have so far announced DJZ. I know there's at least one person here in the area, so check it out. Their plays and such are usually pretty fun, so I'm interested in what they do here, regardless of relative talent level.

https://fvwrestling.brownpapertickets.com/

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boco_T posted:

They've also, based on that image, announced The Champion of the 1% Logan Easton Laroux.

NOVA Pro doesn't run a show in Januarys, I guess I can look into going to this.

EDIT: The background of the poster image has Coach Mikey of The Ugly Ducklings visible. So it looks very NOVA-esque in its talent pool.
Announced so far:

DJZ
Logan Easton LaRoux
Brittany Blake
Killian McMurphy

So yeah, probably gonna be a lot of NOVA Pro types.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I forgot that was tonight, so sounds like it's good I didn't go!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gotta spend your money to retain your nonprofit status somehow

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Supposedly there's a lot of $150 payouts.

That didn't answer his question.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm going to a wrestling show being put on by a theatre company tonight. Should be fun!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's actual pro wrestlers, just the company is running it. I don't really know how it works, but there's some NOVA Pro people and some Chikara people and some other random people I recognize. I will definitely report back!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

neonbregna posted:

Black box theatre seems good and cool and I might check out their other goings on

I've been to a couple Flying V shows and they're really fun and they have drinking game nights as parts of their runs. They're definitely worth checking out.

Anyway my seat is close enough I can almost reach the ring from my seat. There's basically no uh concrete area. Gonna be interesting.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lumbermouth posted:

Legion of Rot vs Ugly Ducklings looks like it'll be a blast.

It was! The whole show was really really fun. I'm actually impressed with how well they pulled it off for a first-time show. The production was really good since it was in an actual theater with real lighting and they actually managed to put together a storyline to move through to their next show in July. I'm definitely going.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boco_T posted:

I went to Flying V Fights too. The show was good, production was good, and it was my first time (finally) seeing Orange Cassidy. The crowd was 80% NOVA Pro regulars, at least.
https://twitter.com/boco_t/status/1088989733022257152
As a bonus, I walked a quarter mile away from the venue after the show to take a mark pic in front of the place that used to be Piratz Tavern from the famous Bar Rescue episode.

I am in this video :eek:

We went to the after party at Quarry House Tavern, which was pretty chill. Haven't been since they reopened. A bunch of wrestlers were at the table next to us and were friendly.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I went to the MCW Pro (the Maryland one, not the Australian one) show last night, and Bobby Shields of NOVA Pro is part of a tag team called Bobby! and Robby! and his character is like a complete 180 from his Bobby Shields character in NOVA Pro. It was pretty amazing, honestly. Anyway, it was a fun show and they had a tag team cage match, which went about as expected.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

I want to see this just because I want to see the sum totality of a purely WWE trained wrestler against Orange Cassidy
Dream isn't purely WWE trained though?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Spring breeeeeeeeeeak

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I'll admit I haven't been to a NoVA Pro show since they let the ring announcer go (he's a good guy, and schedules haven't lined up), but if they're not paying talent, I wonder if those two things are connected.

Hopefully CRAB pays, because I'd like to see a local scene continue.
They seem to have *some* relationship with Nova Pro, but Flying V is putting together a second show in June, so hopefully they can keep a local scene going.

Anyway, I hope Nova Pro at least lasts through May when they're having a show I can take the Metro to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003