Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

This is pretty cool. Happening in Toronto on September 17/18:

https://twitter.com/wrestlingheads/status/737063202094096386

Plus Johnny Gargano will defend the SMASH title at Chapter 32, June 26.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Cody got his first indy booking and can check one off his list:

Also featuring:

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Always
Catching
Heat

He get's poo poo on a lot for playing video games backstage all the time. Now with Roddy possibly gone they might start bringing him back because I think Roddy and Steen were the guys that gave him the most poo poo. You never hear good things about him backstage so I'm guessing he's just an antisocial guy that sticks to himself playing video games and doesn't really interact much with the other wrestlers.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jun 26, 2016

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

The_Rob posted:

I think he is just a young nerd introvert kind of guy so he really doesn't know how to play the game. By all accounts he seems like a really nice dude.

Yeah he's nice, comes off good in interviews and fan interactions, but like you said is not the typical backstage guy which can rub some people the wrong way. I think in one of the Kevin Steen Shows, Steen said that people don't hate him, but they don't like him either because he stays to himself.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

FW: PWG, AAW, SMASH, Beyond, Progress, SSW

bookthebigguy@yahoo.com

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Skarsnik posted:

Ospreay just said on a podcast he'd been offered a second contract with an American promotion and will be signing in 2017

He was just announced for 2 out 3 ROH shows on their UK tour in November so maybe he's continuing on with them afterwards.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Another reason I'm glad I moved to London. I think that RevPro show is the weekend driving before ROH as well. Thats a nice two weekends of wrestling.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

SSB, Speedball, and now Josh get barred from performing in the states, but somehow Ethan Page keeps making it across. What a cruel world.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

The_Rob posted:

Bring back special k.

Cheech and Cloudy are still going strong. I've seen them a few times at Alpha-1 in Hamilton and I think they're still working AIW and smaller indies, although not teaming together.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Fair warning before signing up for a year of that is that around half of those US/Canadian promotions heavily feature Ethan Page.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

oatgan posted:

I forget if Flo already announced a partnership with Progress but I figure it's only a matter of time before them and Chikara make an announcement

Likely that they get SMASH as well? It seems like there's a tier system now with FloSlam getting the bigger indies, some of which already have streaming services, and Powerbomb getting the second-tier indies.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I love how that letter is only tangentially about Joey Styles and more about burying Quack and Gabe.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Bro, Riddle ain't shook by no 4 and 10 fighter.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

PROGRESS is running that date as well so be careful.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I like ACH, but I'd rather see Mr. Money.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Skinty McEdger posted:

My interest level in World Of Sport lasted as long as it took for Grado to get to the ring.

It's really not looking good so far. Camerawork is really bad and Grado vs. Dave Mastiff in an 8 minute championship match to start the show. It's nice hearing JR call wrestling but that's about it so far. I'll give it time, but the camerawork is rough as hell.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

oatgan posted:

why are these men competing in a ladder match for a chance to enter the battle royal for the second title shot of the night

I'm still getting used to British accents but I recall the commissioner saying everyone would be busting their nut to get a shot at the title.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I always appreciate wrestlers getting their pump on right after winning a championship.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Oh god I'm dying every time they show JR on camera and he's got his head buried in the script reading his lines.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Missing a spot to focus on the crowd? A dozen camera cuts in 10 seconds? Zooming in on impacts? Seems like the producers wanted to show people who haven't watched wrestling in 30 years what they were missing from Raw.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

WWE's weapon shots have to be censored with camera cuts over there unless it's late at night. Very likely the case with WoS

As I think about it more that makes sense given how many TV shows are censored over here, but drat it was just a simple table spot. Even The Big Bang Theory is censored (heavily at times) which I find hilarious.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Mediocre first half, good second half. Hopefully if they get picked up for a full season they sort out the production because it is awful so far. Joe Coffey, Mastiff, and Samuels were the standouts for me.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Blast Fantasto posted:

Someone on reddit is claiming 1.25 million viewers, which seems like it might be disappointing for ITV.

That's pretty good imo considering it was New Year's Eve and it was running against Liverpool/Man City. Doing around half of Raw's viewership in a country 5 times smaller? Not too shabby.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

From the reddit thread I've also heard for the first time that the owner of PCW took Chris Masters to a 14 year old's house to threaten the kid because he was uploading bootlegs of their shows and put the whole ordeal on Youtube (only stayed up for a couple of hours). Gotta love the wrestling business.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

that's funny tho

I agree. My statement was more I love the carny side of the wrestling business for the humour it brings.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I hope Janela is finally getting Jannetty. His gofundme kind of petered out at $20-30 out of a $5000 goal.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Smash and WCPW are doing back to back shows on Mother's Day for WCPW's World Cup

Smash show is looking good so far:

Here's the list of Canada's competitors for the World Cup:
Michael Elgin
Kyle O'Reilly
Harry Smith
Rene Dupree
Tyson Dux
Brent Banks
Tarik
Franky the Mobster

Also good news for locals who haven't been following Smash lately is that they moved back downtown to the Phoenix. I was kind of bummed since I live near the old location, but it's good for them to be in a better place downtown.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

What's the Phoenix like as a venue for wrestling? Is the balcony assigned seating?

Yeah the balcony is classed as VIP, so reserved seating. It's a good venue imo, better than FHCC in pretty much every way other than location for me.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Delirious hates blacks, WWE hates cruiserweights, FloSlam hates staying in business. Lio has nowhere to go except wrestling for 5 bucks and a bag of chips.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Hachi Machi

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Power Uti wore a diaper while doing the murder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Jack Anderson posted:

He just changes his loving name wherever he goes huh?

Johnny New Japan. Johnny Noah. Johnny Westside. Johnny Stardom.

Promoter guy in this thread change your org name to Five Aces Wrestling please and book him.