Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

exploded mummy posted:

you have Kevin Gill on commentary

gently caress you

Who is this and why should the rest of us be furious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

exploded mummy posted:

kevin gill is a juggalo

Oh wow, he's a very blatant juggalo. Cool hatchet man necklace, bro.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

exploded mummy posted:

why is there a fat man in a white bullsuit slipping in the ring

El Torito is different than I remember.

Also that vuvuzela is almost enough to make me stop watching this show.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

KungFu Grip posted:

it was for me

You'd think they'd send security or whoever over to tell them to shut the gently caress up because it's making things unwatchable/unlistenable but I guess that's too much to ask for from the folks who just had a fat old dude in a white, skin-tight bull outfit slowly rolling around the ring.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jenkem Delivery posted:

They're selling vuvuzelas at the merch table

Ugh.

I like my Twitch-streamed wrestling with cracking microphones and bad audio levels like I can count on from Wrestle Circus, not this insane nonsense.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Nevermind, all is forgiven because here comes Lucha Libre Scott Steiner

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It's pretty spectacular that the ring announcer pronounced Titan's name correctly yet the commentators have just ignored it completely.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Also, what a lovely replacement even if he wasn't a no-showing turd

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is PWG on any of the various wrestling streaming services?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Finally Rich can fly without Tom Phillips holding him down

He attempts to fly in Wrestle Circus and is mostly forgettable if not annoying. Also seems to miss whatever story is being told in the match more often than not and misses the subtleties happening in a match, so he never really makes any great calls.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

coconono posted:

if I had choose between an obnoxious announcer that's constantly trying to get himself over(Gregory Irons on Black Label Pro commentary) and some largely innoffensive nerd that knows how to wikipedia and briefly interview wrestlers before the show, I'll take the latter every single time.

Yeah, I feel the same way - his voice/demeanor doesn't grind in my ears (like that loving juggalo from PWR) but he's just not memorable or technically "good" at what he does. I think he could definitely improve and be good/great, but also maybe it's the looser atmosphere of Wrestle Circus that leaves him more chilled out and not making the calls of a lifetime or whatever.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So how was Bloodsport? Worth the $15 from FITE?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Are they selling tickets yet? Does All In even have a website?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wait, is David Starr bad? I feel like I've heard his name a bunch lately so I assumed he was good but I've never actually seen him wrestle.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

When do tickets go on sale tomorrow for ALL IN?

4pm EST. Set an alarm so we can try and score some floor seats. Never been to Chicago before so we're really looking forward to it!

I was hoping you'd be able to select seats with a seat picker but judging from other events on the venue's site, it's a crapshoot and you have to hope you get a good spot.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 12, 2018

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Aldis vs Cody for the NWA Title is official for All In. http://www.twitch.tv/beingtheelite

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Who could have predicted such a high traffic spike at this very moment.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wanted to go for 2 $128 tickets. Website has officially crashed and just throws a server error now. Cool job, fellas.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Finally got to the first page of checkout, but it was for $28 seats in 214. Not going to travel from Austin for nosebleeds. Going to give it another couple tries then just give up.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That's what I got on my first try at like, 3 minutes after the hour trying to get 2nd-4th row seats. Twice.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Just got through for tickets in C101 but not really looking for seats in such an awkward spot. I'd be less bummed about not being able to get good seats if it the site worked from the start, but after struggling for almost an hour and coming up with only nosebleeds and seats way off to the side I think I'm throwing in the towel.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Meanwhile, StubHub already has a whole load of tickets for sale.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Stoked that they were able to do this, bummed that I wasn't able to land on seats good enough to justify flying from Texas. Hopefully they figure out a plan to stream it because it'd still be fun to watch.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Yeah, gently caress that. I didn't even bother putting in for time off from work because I knew it'd be a clusterfuck. I think the best seats I was able to get were somewhere in section 110, but meh. Maybe they'll release some more tickets at some point down the road.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

God drat. I wonder which way the lovely servers pushed that number - if they had been better and not been super slow/crashing, would more regular fans have been able to get tickets or more resellers?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't know what the gently caress PCO has been doing the last 20 years but the last thing I expected in 2018 was to be absolutely terrified of him.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

oatgan posted:

they cut out most of this ceremony

sad music plays while a-ben writhes on the mat and they project a field of stars on the ring for several minutes

all the owe guys who lost to japanese and american wrestlers come out and their coach(???) screams words of disappointment and motivation at them

then he chops them, and they all take turns chopping him but he sells it like hes actually dying and it takes multiple people to hold him up from the power of their chops of respect

*then* the entire locker room comes out so the chinese akb48 affiliate sings amazing grace over slow motion clips of them training

Where can I see this weird thing?

Watched a couple of the MLW Fusion shows on Youtube today and they're alright so far. Rich is so much more tolerable as a commentator here than in Wrestle Circus, so I'm assuming him coming across so annoying to me in WC is due to him trying to fill the role of one-man commentary booth. It's kind of fun hearing Schiavone again, too.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

oatgan posted:

heres the original broadcast (minus the main event)

https://v.qq.com/x/page/p0542pjaak5.html

if you just want to see the agony and ecstasy of A-Ben skip ahead to 2 hrs 43 min

im not gonna say the whole show is worth watching because the wrestling is all very bad but everything around the wrestling is interesting

This is loving nutty. Thanks!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Who or what is Shlak?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Speaking of stinky parts of MLW, has Salina de la Renta ever done anything worthwhile? She seems like such a terrible manager. I've never seen a manager stand so still and so quiet during matches before. She really doesn't add anything for me. I get that maybe some of the lucha dudes need a mouthpiece but there have to be more dynamic choices out there.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I mean technically the first announcement was Cody/Aldis, but this is still meh. I just can't seem to get into Marty.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Who has a picture of this bad haircut? I don't wanna Google Rich Swann.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That post was great, thanks for it! We need more local indie live report photo dump posts.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't know how well Instagram and Twitter work for businesses in general since their algorithms are so hosed now, but that's the best way I was able to stay informed about Wrestle Circus shows in Austin. We have other indies in the area but their social games are weak so I never have any idea of when their shows actually are until, usually, after the fact.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It bothers me that, in the list of names, James Storm doesn't have a number next to him and #12 is blank.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Losing my god drat mind over Sean Mooney being involved.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

At Wrestle Circus, at least, the crowd throws bananas at him during his entrance. I assume it's the same elsewhere.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

coconono posted:

Andy Dalton blocked me because I said his trunks looked like a giant cumstain. Big fan of him ever since.

That seems really off-brand of him to block you for that

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

God drat it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The match continued (and finished) with the fans holding the cage up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhxSIRz_JZw