Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Thanks for the death match recommendations!

rovert posted:

A fun watch, nice character work to build up Mance and a hot angle at the end but that medical update video shouldn't have made air

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1104774096175415298

I feel like that weird-rear end doctor bit will be revealed as Gotch doing a voice and pretending to be the doctor. It felt way too hammy to be real, and I feel like they've used that doctor on the show before and it wasn't as bizarre.

Or, it was just loving insane and will never be explained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MLW has everything it needs to succeed and be exciting but most episodes of the show are just okay. Hard to find a truly great episode but there was a really good one a while back with Jason Cade v Wheeler Yuta. Felt like they found their stride with that episode but it hasn't really been replicated since.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STAC Goat posted:

That definitely speaks to tastes because I think that Cade/Yuta feud was the thing I enjoyed the least in MLW.

Totally agree with you on the feud overall. They don't do well at building midcard feuds consistently, but I thought the episode with the blow off was great. It was the first time Cade really got to be a dickhead in MLW and he was really fun in that role.

STAC Goat posted:

I'm a little cold on it right now. I'm not feeling Lawlor's face run, I have no excitement for Simon Gotch (I really liked Gotch as Lawlor's lacky but both guys seemed to suffer from being split), and the Hart Foundation is in a weird place where they hold like all the gold and are the focus of storytelling and the announcers are now treating them like faces even though they're the exact same heels they were before.

But its still a really easy 45 minutes of wrestling that kind of scratches my itch without trying to slog through RAW or something.

Agree with you again on the Harts. At least now they're treating them like faces instead of tweeners or heels the crowds cheer for anyway. That was way more annoying/confusing. I just can't stand Teddy at all.

I really want Lawlor to be better than he is. I still don't think I've seen him have a really great match. Gotch really kind of bores me. He's not necessarily bad but nothing about him really grabs me at all.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This week's MLW Fusion has a nice middle. The CONTRA Unit aftermath was ridiculous with fireballs and the crowd throwing trash. It felt like the first real emotion on an episode of that show. Hopefully they find a way to capitalize on it because it was really something dynamic worth seeing.

Other than that, a bit of a snoozer. Teddy Hart stinks.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Chris James 2 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktyeQ-5RY2U

Hart Foundation defend the tag titles against MJF and Richard Holliday
Puma King vs Hijo de LA Park
Mance Warner joins Cornette and Rich Bocchini on commentary

And the highlight is Contra's Josef Samael and Jacob Fatu squashing a local jobber team and nearly causing a riot with fans tossing water bottles and trash into the ring

Puma King stinks, right?

I've seen all of his MLW matches and a few matches elsewhere and he's never looked good to me. I get why Ryan Satin had no idea who the hell he was during BOLA last year.

The Samael & Fatu bit was the highlight of the show for sure. I hope MLW can capitalize on those two (and Gotch) and let them do some old school heeling to get the crowds responding that way on the regular. Fusion is often pretty boring (though typically has technically okay-to-good matches) and this was something they've never had before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Well, poo poo. This is awfully exciting. Wonder what their venue solution will wind up being.