Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Presented without comment while I was trying to research a new local indie

http://www.ospw.net/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Sprecherscrow posted:

SOMEBODY CALL NINE ONE ONE!

Do we need a chokeslam?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Bigass Moth posted:

I wish niggataker was on the n-words

managed by New Jack

quick where's that goon with the Z-list promotion

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Skinty McEdger posted:

There was a guy who worked the northern UK circuit in the early 2000's who worked under the name "Tommy human being." He did not have much of a career to speak of.

I remember reading something in an old Observer I ran across online about a guy with an AIDS gimmick in some garbage indie back in the early 90s who always won because nobody would want to hit him.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/kingofkingsport/status/751438827835756544

I hate Beau James slightly less now

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

dont book vader

some indie promoter said he came in, demanded his fee in cash on arrival, did 8 minutes without taking a bump, and took off after his match

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Mob posted:

Tell me one of you hooples went to that clusterfuck Georgia show last night where the promoter booked $18,000 in legends and showed up with $500.

Found some info on this! Former Georgia indy promoter Ben Masters was there and has this to say:

quote:

Ok it's soap box time. I have been in the pro wrestling business for 30 years and I have paid many "dues" along the way. I made a reputation in this business as a fair pay off man and a man of integrity. I have worked for a few crooked promoters but honestly not many. I have been blessed to work with amazing money guys who respected me and the best business.

Today I drove 90 miles to help a guy who I thought was straight forward and a man of his word. I trusted someone who honestly isn't "in" our business. So I'm here in Dudley Georgia with some of the biggest name sin our business who are not getting paid. The money guy says there IS NO MONEY. After stating he had sold $10,000 worth of tickets. This promoter has broken the trust of guys who have been in our business for years, many who paved the way for the younger guys today.

The Sheriff is now involved and hopefully there will be some sort of resolution. In the meanwhile, props to the guys who stayed and worked for the fans who paid to see a show. None if this was their fault. Most of the legends who left were seen at the Meet and Greet this afternoon so the fans were happy with that. Sadly as a whole no one was paid. So the show must go on and whatever money is left will be split along the guys who stayed and wrestled.

To GREG GREENE I feel sorry for you. You mistakenly thought that getting wrestlers' phone numbers and booking big names on a show made you a promoter. You forgot one important thing....pro wrestling is a BUSINESS!! Please do yourself and everyone else a favor and stay away from our great business. You give us all a bad name.

Apparently the promoter said he presold 500 tickets and there were 70 people in attendance. The only people who got paid were Arn Anderson and Del Wilkes, who threatened to kick the promoter's rear end if they didn't get paid. They got cash from the "money man" after that. Everyone else got paid in bad checks or not at all. The legends' hotel rooms were all even canceled because the promoter's credit card was declined!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/tapemachines/status/797605979013677057

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Imagine being so poo poo that you're fired mid-show

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Some of you may remember me being less than thrilled that the indy that runs my town was booking Teddy Hart as a headliner. Well, 2 things: One, they also booked Shigehiro Irie, who I like, and then this happened today

TLDR: The flakiest guy in wrestling lived up to his rep. No idea what the legal issue is.

He got a DUI+evading arrest in Arlington according to Twitter

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Heard Ivelisse showed up "injured" to SHINE which caused them to delay the show 20 minutes and strip her of her title?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Buff's in Atlanta right? Make this happen.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/Eperez49/status/833176948666822658

:rip:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

rovert posted:

Low Ki doing a job is one of the bigger stories this weekend.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/ZipSquad_JihaD/status/873698604715839489

Allie Kat is good

(the guy yelling Stroke That Pussy is bad)

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

haha so how many days after the show before we find out they didn't get any of that money

Look WrestleCircus needs a new building

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/WrestleCircus/status/877646547852439553

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

What an rear end in a top hat, I'm glad he got

oatgan posted:

busted for autism

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Attack of the Show is back in pog form? That was like the only good part of G4.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Lucha Bros off tonight's DEFY show in Seattle. Pentagon got mugged in Mexico City overnight, and while dealing with the situation he and Fenix missed their flight

Luchaworld says his passport was stolen and he won't be able to get a new one until Monday

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

wait that's not a gimmick because Ed in San Antonio is extremely creepy about Leva Bates

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I don’t believe it. That would require DGUSA to exist and put on shows

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Dean is really fat and his heart keeps blowing up

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

rovert posted:

Sure.

Jaynes, a green comedy act wanted to have a 50/50 match. While Ellering rightfully wanted 60/40 and 70/30 and even offered to lose to Jaynes in the end. It is reasonable that Ellering would need to look good after losing her title last show to Tessa Blanchard. They went to the ring still not fully agreeing.

When it hit the ring Jaynes panicked as she can't chain wrestle and thought Ellering was going to shoot on her. Then Jaynes started botching. So Rachael just put her over and just rolled out of the ring.

The situation has gotten messier the last few hours. Al and Lexi are very green when it comes to these matters. Currently are incorrectly siding with Jaynes on the situation.

What? That’s so dumb. I’m With Rachael.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Speaking of unsafe, I heard on Twitter that today’s Progress show in Queens was so overbooked that people were leaving early from the heat? Even Gabe got caught stepping out for a breather.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

lol

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Oh cool, Joe Malenko’s putting on another wrestling event at the Tampa JCC, formerly the old armory. No card yet but the last fanfest he put on was fun other than Dusty dying literally that afternoon. I’ve still got my Norman Smiley autographed index card somewhere.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

What’s the Ivelisse drama this week?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Juvi owns extremely

He also does a Loveline segment on Konnan’s podcast that’s hilarious

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

oatgan posted:

Where's the Keller tweet about changing lives

https://twitter.com/alexwkpartyhard/status/910950947592994816

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Jesus Christ Gabe

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Everyone make sure that you do everything boring and the way the WWE wants it —Gabe Sapolsky, successful promoter

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

whatculture pro wrestling is now defiant pro wrestling and they signed Wade Barrett to GM

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Tommy Dreamer says he's got a contract with Twitch to produce a weekly show from House of Hardcore footage. He says the November 18 show will be live on Twitch.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

I'm skeptical that anything from LeakyGabe is real, but if that is, I do find it hilarious that he claims to be sticking by the no piledriver/apron spots/cursing rules when anyone who actually watches the shows sees that poo poo happen all the time.

Bix tweeted that he got a “one of your contacts is on Twitter!” note when LeakyGabe appeared

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

If I remember right Wrestlecircus started because the money mark had a cancer scare and wanted to fulfill his dream of being a wrestling promoter.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

god drat I want to see that match

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Brian Jr is a MRA isn’t he

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

It gets an S for giving us Brennan Williams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Is ROW decentish? It's one of like two indies here in Houston, and the other is the dirt-est dirt indie I've seen in a while.

I haven’t watched much of it but I believe it’s a fun Texas indie that’s produced some good talent, plus Booker T runs it.