Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Ignore this.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I was looking forward to the Elgin/Sabre title match, but getting to see Kamaitachi live in a singles match is pretty rad too. Kinda suspected they'd shuffle the card around a bit to pair him with another flier, but Elgin's a good base so I'm sure that match will be good too.

If things go well, expect Kamaitachi matches with Hero, Strong and Omega in the future.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Meltzer is also confirmed for PWG this Friday.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

You can't. People have dug up the first two but apparently no one bothered recording the other ones and they weren't released outside of PPV.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLniGWnipC7FOmgNia0kM5v2V5Y4jSKwgv

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

The_Rob posted:

So is the ASW 12 preview every going to be put up?

Nope. When they were being made, there was a hard drive crash and everything got lost.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Hey, so, Shimmer 81 is happening tonight and it's literally a 20 minute walk from my apartment. It was the most conveniently located indie show I'd ever seen for someone who doesn't own a car, so I bought two GA tickets for my sister and I.

Just wanted to ask what should I expect, what are the mores, etc?

Oil wrestling and Bra & Panties matches.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

i wonder why they havent been booking any of the LU guys for the other quasi-monthly shows its not like theyre not taking other dates

Their prices sky rocketed after seeing how popular they were at BOLA last year.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Out of all the wrestlers in history to choose from, why did Adam Pearce say, "Yes, I want to dress just like Justin Credible."?

It was a street fight.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Adam Cole is out of the BOLA tournament. Cedric Alexander is taking his place.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Now that the official card is out, I'll post how I wanted the tournament to be booked:

Hero over Liger

Cobb over Riddle

O’Reilly over End

Rhodes over Cole

Scurll over Gallagher

Hennigan over Lee

Kamaitachi over Fenix

Pentagon over Callihan

Castle over Sabre

Sydal over Haskins

Ospreay over Dunne

Ricochet over Andrews

-------------

O’Reilly over Pentagon

Castle over Scurll

Sydal over Cobb

Kamaitachi over Ricochet

Rhodes over Hero

Ospreay over Hennigan

-------------

Ospreay over Kamaitachi

Sydal over O’Reilly

Castle over Rhodes

-------------

Sydal over Castle

Sydal over Ospreay

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Grozz Nuy posted:

Do they take ideas from the staff when booking cards? I imagine BOLA in particular is so complicated politically that it would be difficult.

It's mostly Super Dragon solo. Although he might take into account a wrestlers request for a specific match.

I only created that card because I was procrastinating at work. I wish I hadn't because now I'm disappointed with what we are getting. My BOLA would have been perfect.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

oatgan posted:

if you're already in the area and its not like a huge trip to just show up to the venue beforehand its pretty easy to find someone in line with an extra ticket they'll sell for face value

Are you going?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

the over/under for new aaw vods that come out before bola dvds ship is 5.5

The over/under for how many burgers a McDonalds can make before you get served a filet mignon at a Ruth's Chris Steak House is 255.5

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Nothing will ever top that main event. Jesus Christ!

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Word is that Meltzer said it was the greatest show he's ever seen live and is trying to rearrange his flight so he can go to the show tomorrow.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Grozz Nuy posted:

Was Meltzer at last BOLA? Because tonight was awesome but I'm not even sure it topped Night Two from last year.

Your gyroid room is creepy.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Dream match scheduled that can only happen in PWG.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

"How was it wrestling a dog?"

"It was easier than wrestling Sheamus."

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Grozz Nuy posted:

Take it with a grain of salt, but Highspots just said that they're shooting for having BOLA DVDs/Blu-rays shipped by the end of the month.

Everything has already been edited. It's up to Highspots to do the rest.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

When the hell are the BOLA DVDs coming out, I thought there was gonna be a faster turnaround on those.

All of the BOLA DVD's were edited the night of the shows and sent to Highspots. No idea why they're sitting on it.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/825520978054803456

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

What gave PWG so much goodwill?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

So RoH decided to run Labor Day Weekend, which everybody knows is when BOLA usually takes place.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

book a buncha dragon gate guys

I've been pushing for it. Although I don't know what their schedule is like.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 25, 2017

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Only front row is sold out and the show is on Saturday? That is... not good.

They were advertising a tailgate party in the parking lot until somebody decided to check the Cow Palace website and saw that no tailgating was permitted.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

BaldipISW posted:

The whole thing in question was taken out of context; he had worked a show like the week prior to his arrest. Him being on the show was brought up, but it seems people thought it was after the arrest.

Rude Boy Riley also keeps getting brought up because there's a sleazy story going around the NYC scene about how referee Kris Levin is still quietly defending him and hanging out with him, including bringing a young fan that had just turned 18 over to Riley's house. Whole thing didn't even phase me until I'd heard that the fan may possibly be on the spectrum, and the kid's mother had repeatedly asked that they not go over to his house for obvious reasons. Whole thing is super sketchy, and I'm not sure why anyone would still want to associate themselves with the guy, but at least it's not going unnoticed.

So he brought an average wrestling fan over to his house?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

oatgan posted:

yehi/lee was excellent

Are you going to BOLA this year? If things go as planned...

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

That logo looks like something from Nazi Germany.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

https://twitter.com/_djtranquilo/status/883586622305951744
:3:

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Shingo would thrive. But Don Fujii would run that joint.

I'm sure Don Fuji would rather go to a Chippendales.

oatgan posted:

all my friends decided to do destination weddings this summer so my travel budget is nonexistent this year

2018 i'm either doing BOLA or Summerslam weekend in NYC

Enjoy your weddings.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

I think he meant to post that in the RAW thread.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

I've apparently upset some people.

https://twitter.com/makeitloud/status/903490622111195136

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

The_Rob posted:

The funny thing is PWG generally has more women fans than any other Indy show I've ever been to.

And that Excalibur is one of the most progressive people in wrestling.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

The crowd was horribly dead.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

coconono posted:

Starr is Colt Cabana 2.0

He will always turn in good to great matches but never get recognized for his skill because of his out of the ring behavior.

Both Jews. I gotcha.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Blast Fantasto posted:

There's only 150 tickets on stub hub right now, which really isn't so bad

That's listings. A lot of those listings are for more than one ticket.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

I feel bad for those that chose to see All-In over BOLA.

There's one name in particular booked for BOLA that will have some first-time ever dream matches.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

spill the beans on the name? PWG has had a lot of big names come through over the year.

Freight Train

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

https://twitter.com/jubsv1/status/1000267009760755713

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

https://twitter.com/ogkevingill/status/1003081352399355904