Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The LN translations are terrible, so I hope the manga can be more bearable. I'm okay with the concept as long as he doesn't develop a harem.

Instead of harem, he should get more dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The dogs turn out to be girls.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
:argh:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

The dogs turn out to be good girls.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Ramen-Daisuki-Koizumi-san/Vol-002-Ch-013--Thirteenth-Bowl--Western-Style-Shop?id=368659#1

New Koizumi-san in which Yuu is gay for Koizumi, but Koizumi only loves ramen. So the usual.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I emphasize with Koizumi.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san

Not since One Punch Man have we seen such intense shopping action. And bribing an officer, this geisha house is in a rough part of town.

edit: and a second one Some homemade curry.

Huzzah! fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jun 7, 2017

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Some good chapters :3:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I think the only curry types I've had is my mom's homemade beef curry (where there's a lot of lemongrass and ginger, and instead of coconut milk, she uses coconut soda, which makes for a somewhat lighter taste) or the usual creamy Vietnamese coconut chicken curry. And that super spicy Thai curry that was like death that one time. I like eating homemade curry with rice, but Vietnamese style baguettes is where it's at.

I'd like to try a Japanese style curry one day (we got some curry cubes from a friend) and eat it w/ some daikon pickles, it sounds deliciously homey.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
The good chapters keep coming!

And chapter 9 too, gosh!

Knorth fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 8, 2017

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Bless these translators for this cute manga and let them eat good foods

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Compendium posted:

Bless these translators for this cute manga and let them eat good foods

:yeah:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

The hits keep on coming

So much food cooked, so many chapters translated.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm glad, for Sumire :3:

She has a good and supportive friend

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Surprise, two new chapters of Maiko-san

These chapters are coming out like hot cakes.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Guess what just got another two chapters!

It's the Maiko manga

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Maiko san is a very good manga. :3:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Who wants seconds? (or is it Thirds?)
Id like some fried food now

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I always wanted a fried pork cutlet sandwich.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Compendium posted:

I always wanted a fried pork cutlet sandwich.

They've good.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

and for dessert

cookies! Yay!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:3: I'm glad, of these good chapters

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Other World Diner or Isekai Shokudou is getting an anime adaption this summer season and that makes me excited.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Knorth posted:

:3: I'm glad, of these good chapters

Me too, Suu-chan, me too.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Is Isekai Shokudou good? I'm interested in checking out the anime but I know nothing about it apart from the little description in livechart

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I love it personally and I'm sad that the one person translating it hasn't updated anything since 2015. You basically get these fantasy DnD esque characters who are able to visit this modern Japanese diner and they all end up developing their favorite dish and the food is lovingly described in writing. Unlike Isekai Izekaya Nobu, there's not a real emphasis on the owner who doesn't even have a name and he's like the second generation running the place, so he knows how to deal with all these weird fantasy people.

In a way, I'm not quite sure how this will look animated because part of the fun for me was reading the customers' first time reaction to the food or how the diner is just their go to spot. I like the system of how it works, in that, it only connects to fantasy land on Saturday and you also have a better idea of the other world's food culture and how the different species (humans, elves, dragon, etc) get along with each other.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Nice I'm looking forward to it and might check out what's been translated sometime

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I think not enough people are talking about Cooking Master Boy/Chuuka Ichiban because it is my favorite (okay I've only seen like 3 or 4 other items from the list in the OP) cooking anime. It's probably more shounen than any cooking thing you're watching, and very accurately portrays the extremely 100% real era of Chinese history known as the Cooking Wars, when the Cooking Underworld sought to take control of China through the power of cooking. The character designs are pretty great and remind me a lot of the Suikoden games, and I like the main character, who has all the confidence of a shounen protagonist but none of the rudeness--he's actually a friendly guy who is perfectly aware that he's awesome at cooking.

Note: the manga only goes half as far as the anime, and frankly, I think the anime is a better experience.

cons: It's quite old, so the animation looks dated. Also, it ends without resolving the main story arc. (it ends with the team setting off to find a the other 5 of 7 magical cooking utensils)

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Maiko-san-Chi-no-Makanai-san/Ch-020--Ticket-of-Dreams?id=371850

More Maiko manga!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Who wants seconds? Yet more Maiko

Three new chapters.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
The thought of coffee gets me through a lot too :3:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Two new Maiko san chapters are out.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Apparently the Silver Spoon manga is being licensed by Yen Press, I don't buy a lot of manga so I don't know how good Yen Press is but :toot:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yen Press can be a bit janky in their translations and their choice of typeface in dialogue bubbles and title translations sometimes displeases me (case in point, I like the Tokyo Pop translation and typeface for Fruits Basket more than their version even though Tokyo Pop was a trash fire of a company with all of their other titles)

That said, they're fine.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Maiko-san-Chi-no-Makanai-san/Ch-026--First-Shrine-Visit?id=373224

New Maiko-san!

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

What the gently caress.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

K. Flaps posted:

What the gently caress.

Have you ever tried it? It's super good, if extremely something you shouldn't make a habit of eating. Don't toast the bread though, or at least I don't find it as good that way.

Also, not only is Kiyo a good friend, she has good friends. :3:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Argue posted:

I think not enough people are talking about Cooking Master Boy/Chuuka Ichiban because it is my favorite (okay I've only seen like 3 or 4 other items from the list in the OP) cooking anime. It's probably more shounen than any cooking thing you're watching, and very accurately portrays the extremely 100% real era of Chinese history known as the Cooking Wars, when the Cooking Underworld sought to take control of China through the power of cooking. The character designs are pretty great and remind me a lot of the Suikoden games, and I like the main character, who has all the confidence of a shounen protagonist but none of the rudeness--he's actually a friendly guy who is perfectly aware that he's awesome at cooking.

Note: the manga only goes half as far as the anime, and frankly, I think the anime is a better experience.

cons: It's quite old, so the animation looks dated. Also, it ends without resolving the main story arc. (it ends with the team setting off to find a the other 5 of 7 magical cooking utensils)

Chuuka Ichiban is great it's just that I read it over a decade ago

Also I'm kinda sad that the guy who drew it tried to bottle that lightning again over and over with many short-lived cooking series that had protags who were various versions of Mao, and it never worked out

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
New Isekai Nobu yay

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Isekai-Izakaya-Nobu/Vol-002-Ch-013?id=373576

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Kumika no Mikaku

Some like it hot.