Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Maybe it's time to make a thread for all the daily updated food manga?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Fair enough, it's not as if this thread is fast-moving anyway - it's just that I got a bit peeved with seeing bumps for something that could be done via RSS on any reasonable reader.
But then I got over it since it's not like it matters all that much.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Compendium posted:

Do you read food manga and if so, what's your favorites
The trouble with this question for me is that I generally don't read manga until it's completed, so all the series that aren't finished translating are ones that I've only had a metaphorical taste-test of, by reading the first few chapters to determine if it's something I think I'll like (almost 20 years of reading manga does help a little in this regard, though if something gets recommended in the threads I follow here on SA, I do tend to add it to my lists too).

So the only ones which immediately stand out as having involved food and which I've enjoyed are Poor Poor Lips and Hachimitsu to Clover, as well as Udon no Onna.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I didn't know Mike Callahan moved from fictional Long Island to a fictional long island.
Seems right up my alley, though.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Elysiume posted:

Managed to go this many years without knowing melon bread is not melon-flavored bread (although apparently recently some manufacturers have started flavoring it as such).
I'm fairly sure that's some sort of rite of passage into weeabooness.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

OH MY GOD IT STILL IS GETTING TRANSLATED. I HAD GIVEN UP HOPE. I WAS ABOUT TO CLEAN IT OUT OF MY BOOKMARKS LAST NIGHT.
This is why I like baka-updates so much; I can keep things on my wish-list forever, and when I want to read something I can use this query (which probably only works if you have a user) that only lists completely scanlated manga which is on my wish-list.
There's also a separate read-list which lets you keep track of how long you've gotten into a series if you started reading it, but then stopped because scanlations stopped coming out.

Mind you, it doesn't help directly with series getting translated, but I think it's possible for scanlation groups to go look at what series are on the wishlists of a lot of people, so maybe indirectly it can help?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Somehow it's on my to-read list, despite the fact that I don't appear to have mentioned it anywhere???
Is my to-read list naturally accruing yuri manga by osmosis?!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Here is an archive of every post in this thread up until kirtar' last post; it's not great for browsing, but at least everything's archived.
It's a compressed tar file, so you'll probably need 7zip to open it.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I managed to make an even better archive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

Picked up a series recently called By the Furnace of Miss Alice. Dude living out in the country has his childhood friend/older friend move back in town into her grandmother's house after a funeral and it's a mix between slice-of-life dealing with the house, a budding romance, and cooking food over an open fire.
This is extremely my thing, thank you for the recommendation.