Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Can Of Worms posted:

A new Yakuza House Husband chapter is up! The most notable thing is that it got nominated for an award, and the scanlators have included instructions on how to vote for it at the end of the chapter if you want to help (one of a Niconico/Twitter/Facebook account is required). There are several other interesting mangas nominated including the Fenrir Isekai/Tondemo Skill one, if you want to support that instead. There's also a second set of mangas to vote for at http://tsugimanga.jp/nominate/2018/comics/ instead of the url in the image (same instructions work), and Maiko is one of the candidates if you'd like to support it as well!
Cool, I'm not surprised. It's funny and the art is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Compendium posted:

Do you read food manga and if so, what's your favorites

Cooking Papa was the first manga of any genre that I read and it's still one of my favourites even if the recipes are pretty bad.

I'm a big fan for the miso soup kids romance that's ongoing at the moment as well.

Ugh, I always read these things on my tablet and I can't remember what they're called. I'd definitely post a lot more if I took a moment to remember all the names...

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Yeah I wouldn't recommend following any of the recipes. I think there was a bad translation for one of them where they advise you to cook something at 300C!

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Misoshiro is so wholesome...it's healing

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
^ This is the Bartender replacement I've been looking for.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Yae's sister doesn't need a diet imo...

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I love it when foreign characters appear in manga. "Miso means Miso in French!?"

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Yeah I enjoyed the focus on the vendors in that.

I've been watching Tokyo Midnight Diner Stories and it's an ideal show before bed, apart from the fact it makes me hungry...

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Yesssss that's the first manga I read!

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

D. Ebdrup posted:

Here is an archive of every post in this thread up until kirtar' last post; it's not great for browsing, but at least everything's archived.
It's a compressed tar file, so you'll probably need 7zip to open it.

Thanks for archiving a lot of the threads I follow :cheers:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'm sad that the Cooking Papa translations stopped again. I find it weirdly compelling, maybe because it was the first manga I tried reading as an adult. It's just so good natured.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

DoubleDonut posted:

Misoshiru de Kanpai has started updating again, in case anyone besides me was missing it

Nice, I was wondering what happened to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Brought To You By posted:

Picked up a series recently called By the Furnace of Miss Alice. Dude living out in the country has his childhood friend/older friend move back in town into her grandmother's house after a funeral and it's a mix between slice-of-life dealing with the house, a budding romance, and cooking food over an open fire.

How lovely