Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
The isekai elements are subdued enough that it feels like I'm reading a slice of life version of Nobunaga's Chef, and I'm enjoying it a lot! It's also reminiscent of Samenai Machi no Kissaten (speaking of which, I wonder how the translation status of that is going.) There's something cathartic about people eating food and enjoying it without any worries. I also have to say we are getting spoiled with this translation pace, kudos to the scanlators and their hard work.

Unrelated, I found this cool comparison of an animated ramen cooking scene (from Flavors of Youth, if the twitter account name doesn't give it away) and the real life counterpart:
https://twitter.com/flavorsofyouth/status/1029104868844359680

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Strangely enough, even though I knew that a lot of Dragonball characters are named after food, I never put 2 and 2 together and looked up what Tenshinhan actually was. Now I want to make some at some point because it sounds pretty darn delicious!

Also surprise there's another Isekai Sisters chapter

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Two more chapters of Isekai Sisters, reminding us that there's supposed to a story and not just cooking. Personally, I'd like more food chapters (along with Levain and dog!)

There's also a new Misoshiro chapter and two new Koizumi Ramen chapters. (Misoshiro spoilers) The teacher getting flustered at the end is great.

Speaking of Koizumi, a lot of all-you-can-eat sushi restaurants offer full meal dishes (donburi, ramen.) Does anyone ever order those (aside from people who don't want sushi)? It always seems like a lot of food for a buffet. I've always been tempted to try one, but sushi buffets are usually low quality so I don't really want to order a whole bowl and find out it tastes terrible.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Great chapter. Looks like Shinobu didn't learn from her escapades with bacon... Taishou's reaction was fuuny. Fun guest this time as well, I enjoy "acts foolish but is secretly wise" archetypes.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

From what I can tell the designs in the manga are the same as the light novel, and the anime is matching the manga 1:1 on the designs. The main problem is that the manga uses a realistic style while the anime is going for a more generic style. This works for characters like Eva who is already closer the normal anime style but it falls apart on the characters that have unusual facial details like Gernot:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Our favorite alien goofballs are back in another chapter of Kumika!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Two new series have popped up! First is I Opened Up A Cafe In A Different World, an.. other Isekai food manga. An office worker ends up transported into another world, only to find the food tastes terrible, so she makes it her mission to cook good food (and as the title suggests, she eventually runs a cafe.) Currently 3 chapters translated, although only the second features actual cooking; the other chapters mainly set up the universe and premise. The characters in this are great, the nobles are just so enthusiastic about eating new food, and the maids are cool:

The second series is Rewarding Oneself with Sushi about a woman who eats sushi; basically Wakako-Zake except she only goes to sushi restaurants (from what I can tell from the raws.) The first chapter didn't jump out at me, but the premise seems interesting so hopefully it will get better in a few chapters.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New Misoshiro. Zen-chan do you best! I'm enjoying the teacher omakes too.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New Nomi Joshi chapter!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Aaaaah I'm melting :kimchi:

And here's a new chapter (and a half) of Misoshiro de Kanpai!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Very good faces this chapter.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

My face when reading the last few posts of the thread. (also new Nobu chapter)

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

The update train never ends with another chapter of Train Station Cafe Isekai. Not going to lie, that kid's lunch set looks amazing. I want some!!! :<

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

I had a look in the comments, apparently the translators are waiting for the next volume release, which they expect will drop in December or early next year. So the good news is once they start translating again we'll be getting a huge chunk of updates! :dance:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

I heard there's a spinoff of this focusing on Sui with 6 chapters out and it's untranslated. What???

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

I don't remember ever hearing an announcement about it, but I found out Nobu got licensed by Udon today (and picked up a copy :toot:)

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New Train Cafe Isekai chapter, with a lot of cute art:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Here's a new food manga that showed up, Gohan No Otomo (or Side Dishes that Go Well With Rice). Very comfy and has nice art!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Here's a cute food manhwa about the daily life of a couple, Are You Going To Eat? It's got adorable art and a bunch of recipes. I just cooked the croquette recipe from chapter 5, it's delicious!

Unfortunately, it looks like the translation is pretty slow paced, the raws are up to 200ish chapters currently.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

A scanlation group has started translating Oh! Noodles!, a collection of short illustrated noodle recipes.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

A new Kumika chapter, in which she meets a new friend and new food.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

A new chapter of cooking sisters is here!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

More Kumika.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New chapter of Food Sisters (the non-isekai variety.)

Compendium posted:

Hime no Dameshi

I like Hime no Dameshi because it's mostly about a lady and her acquaintances either eating some nice classy food, or in the protagonist's case, being super lazy and eating junk food. It gave me some chuckles because unlike a lot of food manga that focuses on the fuzzy feelings of food creating bonds (although there's some of it here), it mostly pokes fun at the MC and the characters can act hilariously petty against one another.

Also I can totally relate with sometimes just wanting to eat carby junk. Give it a read!
This is what a food manga would be if the main character was a goon instead of a chef with years of experience.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New chapter of Train Station Cafe, with mouthwatering burgers.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New chapter for regular food sisters too with the obligatory beach chapter.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New chapter of Train Cafe Isekai with a lot of very good panels.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New chapter of cooking sisters where Ayari gets sick :ohdear: Can Sachi cook by herself?!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Praise the sun, it's a new Tondemo Skill chapter!

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 16, 2019

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New Food Sisters chapter.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Here's a short one shot about Turkish food with great art!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Finally, a good slime isekai.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New Izakaya Nobu chapter with a new character.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Here's a new manhwa I've been reading called Veggie Hot Bun's School Spring Holiday which updates pretty frequently. It's not as food-centric as other mangas, but it still plays a role in bringing characters together and the art is nice. My only real complaint is that the translation is a little rough, there are some places with obvious grammatical errors.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Here's a oneshot blending cooking and fairy tales. The premise is interesting, and other than the small instances of fanservice I'd love to read more!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Two (that's right, *TWO*!) new chapters of Mermaid Princess!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Oh neat, didn't realize it was that short. Time to binge read it!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Yer a wizard, Sui! :3:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New chapter of Are you going to eat?, featuring hotcakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Reminder that Shin Chuuka Ichiban started airing on Crunchyroll, although it's titled True Cooking Master Boy in their listing. Haven't had time to watch the episode yet but I'm looking forward to it!