Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Argue posted:

Edit: Having watched it, I'm not entirely sure this takes place after the 90s series; it feels more like it takes place in the middle of it. The 90s series ended with them traveling with Fei, the other Super Chef who was watching the competition. And they were already travelling with the guys seen fighting in the OP, too.

Edit 2: Ok the preview depicts their first meeting with one of the guys in the credits, so I think they're remaking the series... starting from the middle of the original season, for some reason?
Judging by the comments I've read, this takes place after episode 19 of the original series; the story starts at the same point as the manga of the same name so it looks like it's planning on adapting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Two new chapters of Oh! Men uploaded a few days ago. The Kitsune and Tanuki udon is definitely cute!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New Isekai Sisters with a heartfelt talk continuing the bombshell from previous chapters.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Compendium posted:

Also, this might be an odd recommendation and not entirely a food comic, but I've grown a soft spot for The Duchess's 50 Tea Recipes. Also an isekai/reincarnation story of sorts, and our protag finds herself in the body of a previously meek noblewoman who everybody looked down upon. She decides "gently caress it, I wanna enjoy tea" in a culture that's mostly coffee drinking. Her passion for tea brightens up her personality and she finally makes friends and warms up her cold duke husband.
I've read it and recommended it in the Isekai thread, it's good.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Catching up on some releases:

Mermaid Princess meets a kindred spirit

Celebrating the new year with Nomi Joshi

Also, I don't remember if I've recommended it in this thread, but Sleepy Barmaid is a bartending manga with nice art.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

The person standing beside Arnoux in the flashback is totally Gernot (the tax collector).

Edit: Apparently Volume 5 is already out in English!

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 20, 2019

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

High School University Boys are back with some Izakaya grub. Personally I'm a fan of takowasa even though I have to eat it slowly to handle the wasabi.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Three (that's right, THREE!) new chapters of Tea Duchess. It's finally time... time for the tea party!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

I found out today that Koizumi has been licensed by Dark Horse and out in stores since September, for anyone interested in picking up a copy!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

A bunch of Tea Duchess chapters dropped! Chloe introduces lootboxes...

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Latest chapter of Tea Duchess is really cute :kimchi:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New chapter of Samenai Machi no Kissaten?! :woop:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New Tondemo. Time to take a bath!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Compendium posted:

I've been cooking a lot during lockdown; stuff like banana bread, pizza, pasta, street corn, tacos...

What have y'all been making?
Mostly curry, chinese pancakes and nachos on my end.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Here's a new manhwa called Leveling Up, By Only Eating (no relationship to the iseskai with a similar name) about a man with an eating disorder who deals with it... by going into a VRMMO and eating there instead. Hopefully it will turn into a Toriko style "legendary ingredient hunting" story based on the first chapter!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Nobu bumped up to the top of the list on Mangadex again, got sad, because scanslations are still dead, and official translations are dead in the water with book 1 and that's it after two years.
What are you talking about? I checked the bookstore listings and Volume 7 is coming out this month.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's funny, because just googling "Isekai Izakaya Nobu Amazon" actually gets the correct page. :v:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Translators are going hog wild on Leveling Up, By Only Eating and doing daily releases until they catch up to the raws, with 9 (soon to be 10!) out of 22 chapters complete. So far our protagonist has met his first legendary creature, the golden chicken. Of course, he is also making several chicken dishes.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

I think it's just a translator decision; the chapter 2 notes say the actual Korean text uses a made up term for his condition, which is a pathological urge to constantly eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

A new izakaya series is getting translated (although only one chapter translated so far), it has some nice art!