Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
smdh if u don't love ur dad enough to kill and cook a dragon for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
rest in peace boneless dragon ham

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Is that Jan and Kiriko's kid

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I was just making an assumption based on the "next generation" comment and the fact that both Jan and Kiriko are mega tsundere for each other

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Argue posted:

I think not enough people are talking about Cooking Master Boy/Chuuka Ichiban because it is my favorite (okay I've only seen like 3 or 4 other items from the list in the OP) cooking anime. It's probably more shounen than any cooking thing you're watching, and very accurately portrays the extremely 100% real era of Chinese history known as the Cooking Wars, when the Cooking Underworld sought to take control of China through the power of cooking. The character designs are pretty great and remind me a lot of the Suikoden games, and I like the main character, who has all the confidence of a shounen protagonist but none of the rudeness--he's actually a friendly guy who is perfectly aware that he's awesome at cooking.

Note: the manga only goes half as far as the anime, and frankly, I think the anime is a better experience.

cons: It's quite old, so the animation looks dated. Also, it ends without resolving the main story arc. (it ends with the team setting off to find a the other 5 of 7 magical cooking utensils)

Chuuka Ichiban is great it's just that I read it over a decade ago

Also I'm kinda sad that the guy who drew it tried to bottle that lightning again over and over with many short-lived cooking series that had protags who were various versions of Mao, and it never worked out

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Argue posted:

My favorite one, Chuuka Ichiban, is finally getting a continuation! Finally, I get to see if the Cooking Underworld was able to conquer China and take the seven legendary cooking utensils for themselves!

https://twitter.com/Ogawa_Etsushi/status/919033742336786432

On the one hand this is awesome on the other every series I've seen that guy do since has been a mediocre attempt to recapture the bottled lightning that was chuuka ichiban

Also iirc Kaiyu committed suicide by imperial guard and sullied the legendary cooking instruments with his blood so they were forever rendered inert so your question was answered a long time ago

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I sometimes wonder if I shoulda been upfront about not wanting to continue scanlating to Secondo because it was terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Compendium posted:

That sounds yummy.

I'd still go with Shin Ramyun because I do a thing where I boil the noodles, drain the water, and stir fry it with two thirds of the flavor packet. Spicy stir fried noodles are one of my many guilty pleasures.

If you wanted that wouldn't you just do it with something that was intended for stir frying, like the samyang spicy chicken noodles?