Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Nobunaga no chef needs to update more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I watch the JoJo anime each week with my dad, and while I have read the entire manga, he hasn't read any. So of course when the Italian food episode aired a while back, I prepared the entire meal, served it and ate with him on the day of the episode, before we watched it.I don't have any pictures of the food I prepared as I was too busy both cooking and eating it, but for those unfamiliar:

- Caprese salad
- Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- Lamb with apple sauce
- 'Pudding' (it was unclear in the manga translation and I made panna cotta because it's Italian, but the anime subs made it flan which is Spanish :argh:)

Served with mineral water. It was all delicious and he actually didn't realize I had made the meal from the episode until most of the way through it. :3:

Aside from that, I have to express my love for Dungeon Meshi. I just read through it all in the past couple days, and it's adorable and focuses on the food in a way that's perfect for me. It's also devoid of typical creepy manga stuff, despite having both a vine monster and a tentacle monster! Read it if you haven't already.

Make some dragon flank for your dad.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

What the gently caress.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
The guy barely shows up again. Also the translations are completely unreadable, sadly.