Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Surprised to not see Addicted To Curry not on the list. It is :nws: but the translators have also translated most if not all of the recipes in the collected versions which are simplified versions of the dishes in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Nope, someone was translating it for a bit but they didn't get close to finishing and no one else cares because it's got too much science jargon in to bother. :(

That sounds horribly unfortunate. It probably wouldn't be too hard to find people to explain the terms, but converting them from Japanese to English would likely be a bit of a trial.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Davincie posted:

there's some manga that will basically never be translated cause they require both in-depth knowledge of a subject and knowledge of japanese. like, say hello to blackjack is a deep look at doctors and the only reason that got translated here is cause a doctor, who happened to know japanese, decided to do so. and well, how many people with knowledge of microbiology could there be that also know japanese and are interested in moyashimon (i know there's 2 actually, cause i read a convention report from a guy who met a japanese student there that got into microbiology cause of moyashimon, but well, the point stands)

See if he can help translate the series.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://bato.to/comic/_/comics/hell%E2%80%99s-kitchen-r1713/

It looks like this series got to 50 chapters and got the axe. The ending seems to be super open with a gigantic hook and two new characters introduced in the 49th chapter. Kinda a shame since this seemed like a series that SnS should've been more like in terms of plot progression.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Can Of Worms posted:

Reminder that Shin Chuuka Ichiban started airing on Crunchyroll, although it's titled True Cooking Master Boy in their listing. Haven't had time to watch the episode yet but I'm looking forward to it!

Idk if a thread for it should be made or not. Literally watching this as I post.

Edit: And that explains why I literally understood nothing of what was going on. It's Sequel to the original 90s series.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 12, 2019