Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Mutekiya is the one place from that manga I have been to.

How was it? I must know

And here's another update of a short and sweet Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/680379/1

Holy loving poo poo the entirety of Iron Wol Jan in English has been uploaded.

It is my favorite cooking manga ever and it so far out there that I urge y'all to give it all a chance.

I actually did stay up way too late reading it. I need to reread some parts because I felt like some arcs stretched out waaaay too much, but then again, 2-3 AM is not a good hour for thorough reading.

Things I liked is the ridiculousness and complete jackassery of Jan, but he's not always rewarded by the narrative for his actions and everyone basically calls him out on it. I thought that was cool and the reason the story keeps going is because he keeps brute-forcing with his cooking. I actually really like Kiriko, she's the methodical and hardworking cook which gives her an edge over Jan because she grew up in a decent familial environment where her grandpa wasn't a jackass her unlike Jan's. The Chinese food really was drool-worthy and I was kind of surprised they acknowledged Vietnamese cuisine in the spring roll chapters. I really liked how it really emphasizes the cross-cultural features of Chinese cuisine now that it's international and especially prominent in Japan.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Huzzah! posted:

new Tondemo Skill
Our hero receives more attention for bringing back a Mithril Lizard then he expected. But he rich now so gently caress it, lets eat steaks.

Man, I love Tondemo as a food and isekai manga because it's just been simple adventuring and feasting with a dude, his god dog, and the best slime ever. It's not complicated whatsoever and that's fine to relax to

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Huzzah! posted:

Two more chapters of Sui-chan Spin-off

also new Midnight Diner

I'm excited for the slew of new Midnight Diner chapters, I've missed it so much.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I've been watching the live action Wakako-zake and can confirm it's just as relaxing as reading the manga.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Sui is very, very, very good.

Also, this might be an odd recommendation and not entirely a food comic, but I've grown a soft spot for The Duchess's 50 Tea Recipes. Also an isekai/reincarnation story of sorts, and our protag finds herself in the body of a previously meek noblewoman who everybody looked down upon. She decides "gently caress it, I wanna enjoy tea" in a culture that's mostly coffee drinking. Her passion for tea brightens up her personality and she finally makes friends and warms up her cold duke husband.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
In case people have Netflix, there's another season of Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories that's up. I binged on it and it's wonderful and charming as always. I keep rewatching the Chicken Fried Rice episode...

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Holy poo poo, it's back?!

for only a few more chapters...

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Zaphod42 posted:

Speaking of, I just found Nobunaga no Chef from the OP, which seems like my poo poo, but I found that they did a live action adaptation?

Weird, but I guess it makes a sort of sense. Probably a pretty cheap adaptation, and if the focus is food you can just have real food like a cooking show. Still... hah.

Yeah, the disappointing thing is that Ken's actor is not a tall dude, so disappointing smh

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Since it's been quiet on the food manga front since Mangadex had to go through a few stutters before coming back, I just recently finished watching the Street Food documentaries on Netflix. Highly recommended, each episode isn't too long and it covers a variety of Asian cultures which I found really enlightening and also nostalgic for (Vietnam episode was personally touching for me).

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Their pigs are very fluffy and cute

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

necroing a thread with some very important info: a new group has started doing cooking papa! https://mangadex.org/chapter/836041/1

Awesome, hopefully it won't taper off and no one touches it for years like the last time

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I love how Riko could tell the wobbly girl was Kiyo

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Huzzah! posted:

to post the news here:

and also, new Maiko-san

OHohoho

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Dannnng it's been two years since that updated.

Here's a new chapter of Our Lives After the Apocalypse: https://mangadex.org/chapter/861964/1

more people need to read this with me please

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Chuuka Ichiban and its ongoing sequel Shin Chuuka Ichiban fit the bill.

There's also Nobunaga no Chef and Hell's Kitchen, the latter which is done but kind of ends abruptly, but it is over the top for sure.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
There's a new chapter of
Tonari wa Nani o Kuu Hito zo - Horoyoi

Girl's drinking party is fun.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm so glad that Samenai got picked up again. And that chapter of Maiko-san was really sweet.

I've been cooking a lot during lockdown; stuff like banana bread, pizza, pasta, street corn, tacos...

What have y'all been making?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
And new Samenai! https://mangadex.org/chapter/890809/1

I love this comfy manga

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Anyone want noods

https://mangadex.org/title/33713/oh-men

And it's completed! I do crave noodles whenever I read it so it has a place on my favorite food manga shelf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The three new stories in Shinya Shokdou are so sweet.