Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
If we're including anime, then there's Koufuku Graffiti too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZgZ_mXwaW4

Cute little show about some friends cooking and eating together, with some very Shaft intensity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Sonata Mused posted:

Thanks to this thread, I'm now in love with Wakakozake. Why are there only twelve episodes though? I need more.

Yeah :( There's a live action show based on it though so at least there's that

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

I'm reading a bunch of manga lately so I ended up powering through all of Silver Spoon and Wakako-zake in the last two weeks or so and they were amazing as expected, loved Nomi Joshi too. Need more chapters soon..., I'm glad Wakako updates seems relatively frequent. Slowly working though Dungeon Meshi which has been pretty funny so far and I've been enjoying the cooking stuff in Golden Kamui so far, also grabbed a few of of the manga recs from the thread like Shinya Shokudou, Shinmai Shimai and Kinou Nani Tabeta. Probably going to watch Ristorante Paradiso before checking the manga out too. Food fiction yeah!

Moyashimon not getting translated is such a shame because I loved that anime :(

Knorth fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Feb 1, 2017

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:3: Good bee

Little Forest is a cool little manga about cooking things on a mountain. It has pretty short chapters and the art is fabulous

Mom...

also,

Impulsive Wakako is good :3:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I've never heard of the movies but I am definitely going to check them out, thanks :)

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
If the Worcestershire part is anything like the manga, I can see why :3:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Little Forest is such a good manga, wow, I loved seeing all the things she cooked and grew

Mountain mom...

I'm going to try my hand at this potato bread

Makin' cabbage cake :3:

This greedy bear... :3:

The scans I found skipped from chapter 16 to 31 and I couldn't find the others anywhere else, so that was pretty disappointing. I suppose this never got an official release over here either :( Still, looking forward to watching the movies this weekend

Ah, nevermind, the other chapters just weren't in the usual places I check lol :sweatdrop: Time to read more mountain cooking

Knorth fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 3, 2017

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
The Little Forest Summer/Autumn movie is extremely good, I mean it's really faithful to the manga writing-wise but they went all out to show off just how stunningly gorgeous that area really is. I'm definitely going to watch the Winter/Spring one on my laptop so I can grab a bunch of screenshots.

I will say that everything in the movie has a very cooking show cleanliness to it , making it all that familiar sort of perfect and easy. Like, the manga was never really about focusing how rough and dirty things can get but I think a by-product of Igarashi's distinctive very beautiful but quite messy art-style, plus the movie having to go through some form of editing, means it can sometimes feel a little bit too idealistic. Still great though, it's worth experiencing both the manga and the movies imo although maybe leave some time between them since the script is basically the same

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I can't remember if I posted about Little Forest here, General SoL or in chat thread...

I guess this is where my Little Forest movie thoughts live now in any case. I love the manga a lot and you should all read if you haven't already

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Yeah she was great, gave such a good natural performance

I hope you enjoyed the manga too, Igarashi has quickly become my favourite author/artist I think

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:stwoon:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:yeah:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:3: This is good, I hope the chapters keep coming

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Some good chapters :3:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
The good chapters keep coming!

And chapter 9 too, gosh!

Knorth fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 8, 2017

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm glad, for Sumire :3:

She has a good and supportive friend

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Guess what just got another two chapters!

It's the Maiko manga

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:3: I'm glad, of these good chapters

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Is Isekai Shokudou good? I'm interested in checking out the anime but I know nothing about it apart from the little description in livechart

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Nice I'm looking forward to it and might check out what's been translated sometime

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
The thought of coffee gets me through a lot too :3:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Apparently the Silver Spoon manga is being licensed by Yen Press, I don't buy a lot of manga so I don't know how good Yen Press is but :toot:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Time for maikos!

Chomp!

Knorth fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jul 19, 2017

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Aw how sweet :kimchi: A good tradition

That fried mochi seems pretty delicious

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Those poor cold maikos :3:

Kiyo just standing there fidgeting for a few panels was cute

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Good :3:

Momohana is a very good maiko and friend

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm glad Kiyo managed to make a smashing bowl of Kyoto udon

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Little Kiyo :kimchi: Oh man, I was just thinking about making a dessert tonight, might have to see if I have any apples and sugar left

Also, I can't the sound effects without hearing them spoken like they do in March Comes in like a Lion...

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Good over-tired maikos :3:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Chef's Table is good, it was interesting seeing into the 'elite' of the culinary world. Cooked is also a really good food documentary, I think it was on Netflix too

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
A sweet chapter :3

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
A good spooky house :3:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
New Maiko!

Tiny Kiyo is the sweetest

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
It's maikos!

:3:

Knorth fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Oct 14, 2017

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Newww Maiko

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I caught up with the recent Maiko chapters and goddamn that is a charming manga

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
She is :3: Her fierce little grin when she's shopping for vegetables is the best thing

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Oh heck yes. It's such a good little manga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Huzzah! posted:

new Maiko-san
more kids :3:

It is the dead of winter but I still want a ring ring ice.

They all tried their best. :kimchi: ...well, except Kenta but he bought an icecream.