Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Sweetness and Lightning! The intersection of single dad manga and cooking manga. It's really good and sweet. The manga's on CR and it's getting an anime this summer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I made vegan gyoza!

Mincing cabbage is a pain and stuffing 54 of 'em was tedious as heck, so it'll probably be a while before I make them again, but they were really good!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

everythingWasBees posted:

Post the recipe since those look great!

I mostly followed this recipe, though I used some sort of vegan ground protein instead of pork, and I had probably 3-4 times as much green onion, because green onion is good. I followed this site's instructions for folding them, since I was at something of a loss staring at a frozen block of wrappers, and the first site offered no guidance. The second also has tips for freezing them.

They were fun to make and look super cute, but the tedium makes me heartily recommend that you have a friend help with the stuffing/folding.