Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
:toxx: me.
I was 99% sure she was gonna win, but after seeing this

I'm completely confident that Donald Trump doesn't even want to be president.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Potato Salad posted:

I'm reading about vaccine-truthism globalist-illuminati "Treat humanity like an animal" conspiracy posting in the Trump thread and am seeing stuff about how Trump sees through the mist of lies because his thought patterns don't lend themselves to be hijacked by the kind of thinking that globalists use to oh sweet loving God tell me that the last few pages are mostly trolls.

In online pro-Trump discussions, it is exceedingly difficult to tell where the memes and trolling end and the paranoia and mental illness begin.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Even if a victory is all-but-assured, we really do need a landslide. If Hillary only wins by a margin of one or two swing states, House Republicans are going to spend the next four years conducting investigation after investigation into voter fraud and all the little hitches that happen in every election are going to be massively blown out of proportion and widely reported as "investigation into Hillary rigging the polls." The Republicans are going to try this no matter what, but Hillary needs an overwhelming mandate for the media to rightfully not take it seriously.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
If Trump started working on a cable Trump News Network a few days after losing the election, how soon do you think he could get it off the ground? Q3 2017?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I am pretty sure that Hillary's going to win barring some kind of black swan event of unprecedented magnitude, but I maintain the right to :derp: over continued Republican obstructionism in Congress, the 2018 midterms, 2020, and the idea that Trump isn't going to be defeated thoroughly enough to completely discredit his platform in the eyes of the (white) public.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
as long as the reddit you post to is https://www.reddit.com/r/hillaryclinton then you're good

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Al! posted:

Give it to me straight: was deus ex only good because it came out when i was a teenager

Deus Ex is an ugly game with poor shooting gameplay and bad voice acting that nonetheless is one of the best games of all time.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Lightning Knight posted:

I feel like my favorite part of the perennial election year perma toxx round up is that if Democrats keep winning elections, most of the lovely conservative posters will self-purge over time. :getin:

Isn't that happening in 2008 what largely turned SA from a typical internet libertarian site into the lefty site it is today?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

iospace posted:

Why was Ron Paul popular in the first place anyway?

His primary supporters were people who wanted to legalize weed but didn't want to vote for a black guy.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

bunnyofdoom posted:

What do you think LPC stands for?

Lithuania-Poland Commonwealth

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
What I'm saying is that the current Republican-controlled Congress is more dysfunctional than the Sejm

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
It was everything we could have ever dreamed of short of him calling her a oval office on stage. I really didn't think it would go that well, I thought it would be a boring and unremarkable win for Clinton that the media would call a tie.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Hey, any lurkers, feel free to start posting here now cause a tape of Trump essentially admitting to sexual assault just dropped

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Uh how is that sexual assault?

"When you're a star, they let you do it" implies that he knows only gets away with it because he's rich and famous, that it makes the women he does this to uncomfortable and they wouldn't stand for it if his money and power weren't intimidating them.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-a-clinton-landslide-would-look-like/ :fap:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Georgia is gonna be blue and it's gonna feel so good

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Hillary's been preparing for this campaign her whole life but all of her preparation ended up not mattering at all because by sheer dumb luck the Republicans nominated noted garbage person and all-around worst major party candidate in history Donald Trump

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Yinlock posted:

read a bit and holy poo poo they are dumb as bricks

You could have gleaned that much from the fact that they're pro-Trump :smug:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
nice meltdown

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Where's the smart money on what's going to happen with the Trump crazies after he loses, like is it going to be Malheur Wildlife Refuge II or what

Increased violence against minorities, maybe a Malheur or two, but nothing that seriously threatens the government.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Just early voted for Abuela in GA :toot:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Posting in this thread confers bragging rights for the next 4 years with no risk. There's no reason not to do it!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Colonel Corazon posted:

Can I have a NASTY WOMAN gang tag please?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

How so. Are they actually getting paid? Are they bringing food and soap to Julian in embassy jail?

In addition to Assange working for RT in the past, we also have the recent revelation that Wikileaks has been editing some of their leaks to remove things that make Russia look bad, totally contrary to their "no curation" policy which they've used in the past to justify leaking the names of US informants in Iraq and outing LGBT people in repressive anti-gay countries. Also, Wikileaks claimed that the Panama Papers were fake, because they make Russia look bad. They're absolutely shills for Russia.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Instant Sunrise posted:

trump thinks so since he was doing a campaign event at his new hotel there earlier today. obviously he's got some 11th dimensional chess going on that tells him he's going to win DC's very important 3 electoral votes.

He'll win DC if he just pushes stop & frisk more, I just know it.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Finally, a president you can have a beer with.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

What is azrying?

Arzy was a poster in the USPol threads who, in 2008, had a relentlessly pessimistic outlook on Obama's chances of winning and took every tiny shift in the polls and every negative news story about Obama as a campaign-ending blow. So, after that, Arzying came to mean unfounded panic that your candidate is going to lose.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

bunnyofdoom posted:

Alright duders. What should I bring booze wize to the hillary victory party? It starts two hours before polls close.

Google tells me that Hilldog's favorite drink is a vodka martini so

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Plus, they've known about the emails on Weiner's computer for weeks but Comey decided to sit on that information until Friday. And if he was concerned about it leaking out and making the FBI look bad then he must have no confidence at all in the secret-keeping abilities of the intelligence organization that he runs.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

StashAugustine posted:

Do you have any confidence in the American intelligence community?

I don't think they always have what we would consider good goals or intentions but I think they're generally very good at what they do.

Comey's political maneuverings aside.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Asimo posted:

Yeah, all the arzying is absurd. Probably won't be a historic crushing defeat but it's still basically impossible for Hillary to close this election and it's absurd to think otherwise.

I pity the folks who toxxed for senate or house flips though, that's probably gone down the tubes. :v:

I figure the Senate flipping is still possible, but yeah, House was always a pipe dream.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Jeedy Jay posted:

What was the breaking point?

There's been grumbling over the past few weeks over black posters getting probated for arguing with racists. This resulted in a QCS post calling the mods out on it and USPOL getting shut down was probably a response to that.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Why contain it? Let it spill over the schools and churches, let the bodies pile up in the streets. In the end they'll beg us to save them.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Yeah like, at this point the worst case for Hilldog looks something like this.

NV has a Democratic lead in early voting that would require either ~25% of Democrats jumping ship while Republicans maintain 90% of their party's votes, or a +20 lead among independents for Trump to win. CO has a slight Republican lead in early voting, but historically election day is when CO Democrats turn out. Mitt had a +2 advantage in early voting there but that swung to an overall +5 Obama on election day. Trump has something like a +0.1, so he's toast there.

Even if every other swing state goes red, the firewall's enough for a Clinton victory. There's no other state that really seems like a feasible pickup for Trump.

Pakled has issued a correction as of 08:39 on Nov 8, 2016

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The Rokstar posted:

Georgia is too close to call lmaoooooooooooooooo

And South Carolina, too

I know SC isn't gonna last but I'll be interested to see what happens to GA.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Farg posted:

I looked up what toxx is, dammit

No worries friend, this is the safest toxx thread in the forums

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Farg posted:

Worst comes to worst a brave hero could pull a JFK

Let's not do this

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Hillary is better than Trump and it is a very bad thing for America that she is going to lose

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I voted Bernie in the primaries but I never bought into the vitriol against Hillary. I maintain that she would have been a fine president, America chose the wrong candidate tonight, and America is going to be worse off after 4 years of Trump than it would have under 4 years of Hillary, especially black people, latinos, LGBT people, and Muslims, but also straight white people as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

snakeandbake posted:

hillary sucked and if you aren't an idiot you knew that a long time ago

Hillary is cool and good. It's America that sucks.

• Locked thread