Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
The other thread is better than this but I can't post in it because Trump's going to lose.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

basically if Trump wins the presidency my forums account is the least of my worries.

Yeah my SA account will unironically be the least of my worries if Trump wins.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

If these threads are for true believers I might be out of place. I just posted here because I could, since Hillary's going to win.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Al! posted:

You dont need to be a true believer to vote for Hillary, that's the point.

I'm also probably not voting for her.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

:eng99:

Well I do think she'd be a much better president than Trump. I'm just not voting because it doesn't look like it'll be necessary.

And the Jeb toxx guy is my greatest hero.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Afraid of Audio posted:

you should vote for her since you should be voting for other candidates that day as well

I'm definitely voting downticket regardless, don't worry.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Constant Hamprince posted:

There is an astronomically low chance that your vote will decide the election, but even still, do you really want to be the one who's vote could have kept Trump out of the oval office?

Well I'll be following the election close enough to know if there's any chance whatsoever of that happening beforehand.

7c Nickel posted:

Think of it this way, every vote cast, including yours, makes the margin of victory just a little more humiliating for the right wing shitheads who think The Handmaid's Tale is a sound policy proposal.

But every vote not cast increases the chances of this presidential election having record low turnout. That'd make me a part of history again like when I voted for Obama.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

MC Nietzche posted:

Hillary is abuela to all of us.

:unsmith:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

im gay posted:

Clinton isn't that bad. Yes she takes money from wealthy donors but which politician isn't? I think she will do more for the progressive moment than Obama has.

I think she'll do less than Obama unless forced otherwise.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

This summer, Homework Explainer is...

Trapped in the Trump Thread

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Homework Explainer can't keep loving this up drat

Don't hurt him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Dolash posted:

Honestly, I'm still pretty sure we've already had the best of it with Trump's nomination (although the convention will also be amazing). The Trump supporters on SA all come off as insincere trolls pushing him for the fun of watching his opposition squirm, none of whom will be particularly surprised or bothered when he loses. The same more or less goes for his alt-right internet followers on /pol/ and elsewhere, they're just in it to enjoy the ride and air their memes on a national stage. Trump's more normal, mainstream supporters might be upset but they don't have much in the way of a voice (hence latching on to Trump so hard) so we'll probably mostly be seeing the barely-disguised relief of the Republican establishment, media and intellectuals.

People talk about dehumanizing and facing to Trump, but Hillary's the one people actually seem resigned to - that the most probable outcome is still just another 4-8 years of incremental progress and political gridlock, status quo mostly maintained. The person who probably most strongly believes he can win and who will have the most over-the-top meltdown will probably be Trump himself, although after he lost Iowa he was pretty reserved so maybe even that won't be all that fun.

In keeping with trends so far, I assume whatever happens in November will be so crazy if a time traveler came back and told us, we wouldn't believe it. Like Trump committing murder suicide on national TV, or Trump winning the Hispanic vote.

• Locked thread