Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Hey, my SO really likes this local gin called Wigle Ginever, which is a Dutch style Gin. I bought New Amsterdam to try it out, but it wasn't an acceptable replacement. Does anybody have Ginever-style recommendations for brands? Also, what about some cocktail recipes? They really liked Gin and Tonics, but I'd like to mix it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Constant Hamprince posted:

Did you post this in the wrong thread? Doesn't matter, welcum 2 the hillary kkklub :getin:
Motherfucker we got two months until the convention, I'm just trying to pace myself with drinkchat.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
But for real tho we can't give Trump the Football.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Had a worker remind me to use male pronouns today and it made me think of Maoist Pussy. Did they toxx yet?

Jonked has issued a correction as of 02:48 on May 21, 2016

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
You also have to remember that the state franchises of the Republican party are going to diverge somewhat from the national party. In Pennsylvania this takes the form of 'Pennsyltucky' Republicans being pretty right-wing and religious (You may remember Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District) while suburb and industrial town Republicans being still pretty hardline pro-business while more... "accepting" of homosexuality. You even had this playing out to an extreme extent in Indiana with Pence and the rest of the party. The lines are blurrier and less polarized the lower down you go.

edit: my point being you can still have a strong Republican party in Florida, while Florida being a blue state in the Presidential election. Florida might only vote for Florida Republicans.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

computer parts posted:

Yeah, so like I said, Florida and the Great Lakes states (and one or two extra ones). Those are the areas that actually have mismatch, and really Florida in particular is the one that Dems should be winning but aren't (The Great Lakes region has a very complicated political background).
Florida also seems to be particularly weird in that the state Democratic party is both bizarre incompetent and mismatched to the state, and the local Republican party has made inroads with traditional liberal demographics while not losing the more "Southern" parts in the north.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Aww the name change is over :(

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Jewel Repetition posted:

In keeping with trends so far, I assume whatever happens in November will be so crazy if a time traveler came back and told us, we wouldn't believe it. Like Trump committing murder suicide on national TV, or Trump winning the Hispanic vote.
Trump wins New York, and in a smug victory speech, reveals that it was all a game to him. He's going to be the best for the pro-choice crowd, he's going to be best for Wall Street, and he's sure as hell not building any goddamn walls. He trick you all, you dumb motherfuckers, and now you've got 4 years of New York Values up your rear end.

The polls hadn't closed in Texas or Arizona, where Hillary wins an upset victory in the final hours, securing the presidency.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Sure okay I'll perma toxic for Hillary gently caress it

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
So, like... now what. What the hell do we do for five months. I feel like there isn't even really any new news besides "Trump fired his campaign manager at 10am on a Monday" and that just goes on the dumpster fire pile.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
So, like, are we going to get a "Trump's payroll checks bounced" flood of leaks before the election, or only immediately after a la Romney? Even with a couple million in your piggy bank you shouldn't have trouble with that, but this IS Trump we're talking about.

Either way, we'll hear about it it. For a staff of 28 people there are a shitton of leaks on every single story.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

exploding mummy posted:

no.

trump has a staff of like 20 people

he spent more money in May on hats than he did on ads and building up a voting bloc combined
Quoting this to spitefully requote it on October 29th.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

exploding mummy posted:

I mean right now, the campaign of Ben Carson has more cash on hand then the Trump campaign

we're not going to get any stories on there being late staff payments....because there's no staff and there's no money
Former Trump Aide: Corey Lewandowski Was Withholding My Pay

Yeah yeah I know this isn't really what we were talking about and also Buzzfeed/just fired aide, but lol

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
He's right. There's no consequences.

BRB, gonna have a notary send proof of my tax evasion to the IRS if Trump wins the election.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Well now it's just lame. It was cool before everyone was permatoxxing but now it's all "Oh yeah, I'm a huge fan of Modest Mouse, I loved Float On" and everybody is getting on the bandwagon.

Thanks for the tag though I guess.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Venom Snake posted:

Please do not poo poo on the new recruits, even those of weak will can be forged into strong Hillary Men one day
"Ooh, look at me, I think that the campaign with money, staff, and a +10% lead in the polls will beat what was almost certainly a vanity run by an entertainer"

We're not exactly toxxing for Dewey here.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Brewing beer is fun, and people like even bad beer, especially if you get to chat about it and feel cool. I'd figure cheese is the same - I'd enjoy a mediocre brie, especially if I felt like I was being a good friend with the... formaticor?

fromager?

Whatever the gently caress you call a cheesemaking dude.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
On further inspection that website is about buying special wrapping paper to wrap your store bought cheese in so it gets enough air and doesn't mold, which I must agree is the most bogie globalist bullshit I've ever heard.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

memy posted:

:toxx:ing for the lesser of two evils :sigh:
Why don't you go post in the third party toxx thread about it.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Al! posted:

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!!!!!!!!' :fyh:
Somebody was working as a tutor for a semi-literate "daughter of privilege" who needed help with her creative writing class. She had terrible spelling and a worse understanding of story structure. That particular smilie is from when her new Arab neighbors (in the story) who are trying to convert her to Islam throw bacon at her, which she consistently misspelled as "Bakon".

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Get the gently caress out of my thread you dumb fucks.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

I'll cut you
Not you, you're cool.

You're not helldumping about gamergate and making suicide threats.

It's not a very high bar.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Know what, gently caress it, in before Trump's decision to make Ivanka his VP / in before the convention.
Oh good, he hasn't decided yet. gently caress if I'm going to read through 1000+ pages of the trump thread for the one tweet that breaks it all open.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Nameless_Steve posted:

I don't think I toxxed for Hillary yet, but I should have a while ago.

But I don't want "Lying Crooked Hillary", I want this one I just made:

Because I still find this gaffe hillarious

SPLITTER!

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
At this point I'm just really excited to see how important it is having a, you know... campaign. No GOTV effort, no volunteers, no ads, nothing at all - how many votes do you get from that, and how many votes do you get just from being a member of a major party. It's really quite exciting.

I'm thinking 3% swing from just GOTV.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Northjayhawk posted:

Mitt is a lot more likely to endorse Gary Johnson at this point. He's said that he's considering it.

That would effectively be the same thing, a strong 3rd party leading to a Hillary plurality win in Utah is still a win.
Virginia and Utah gives Trump no realistic map to victory as far as I can tell... Not even the "5 coin flips" magical sweep of swing states.

Wait, nevermind, he could still win if he won all five.

Jonked has issued a correction as of 18:47 on Aug 2, 2016

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Gyges posted:

If it wasn't for Kansas, we'd be looking at an outside shot at all the blue being linked from sea to shining sea. And Florida too.
If you count a split Nebraska and assume a blue Az, you could drive from portland, OH to Miami, FL with a stop in Boston, MA without leaving a 'blue' state

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

zoux posted:

So you think he is playing games then.
"The president performed his duties in a way that also furthered his political agenda. We go now live to Thomas Conway in France. Tom, do you think President Washington went too far this time?"

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
I would honestly put Hillary's election chances as higher if she was dead because 1.) Kaine is a boring white man whose last name isn't Clinton and 2.) We always think higher of the dead and 3.) Oh my god can you imagine the ghoulish crowing from the "Lock the Bitch Up" crowd?

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Lemming posted:

I was pacifist for the whole game except for that part where I used a gun to shoot the bad men
The most proper way to play.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Al! posted:

yeah, i think helldump chased them out because the thing about libertarians is that they all have at least one Weird Thing about them
The internet as a whole moved on from Ron Paul because either 1.) You became more politically informed and realized President Paul wasn't happening (and probably that it's a good thing) or 2.) Got distracted by some other transitional shiny movement. The remainder self-sequestered themselves into enclosed colonies. SA may have been a bit earlier than that, but we're hardly unique.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

You're full of azrying poo poo.
When your winning game plan is "Flipping Pennsylvania red AND <X>" you don't have a winning game plan. No, it's not impossible that Trump becomes president - he's the nominee of a major party, he's one of the two most likely people to be elected president. But Trump is already in the hole, doesn't seem to be a good candidate, and isn't doing the sort of things he need to do to fix either of those problems.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Breaking: Donald Trump filmed himself lighting homeless Vietnam vet on fire in '92

We go now to Corey Lewandowski and a panel of rabid wolves to discuss how this will effect the nation...

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Emergency meeting of CNN standard and practices staff after 55 minute audio of Trump repeating the word "N****R" leaks

"Who hasn't used an occasional dirty word," says Krauthammer to panel of aging civil rights activist

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

iospace posted:

Krauthammer is Fox :colbert:

"Iospace is a good poster" says Trump at rally

"Worse than a million 9/11s" says anonymous Trump operative.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
perma :toxx: that Hillary wins: PA, OH, FL, and VA

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
gently caress it, NC too.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
I permatox for a clean sweep by Hillary and some berniemonger comes through and gets all the attention.

This is why no one remembers me.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
I will admit that I'm hopeful. We can't have a whole decade of absolutely ineffective government... right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Ugh, looks like Ohio might be the spoiler that gets me banned. I thought Kasich and the OH party leadership hating trump would, you know... matter.

Nothing matters.

• Locked thread