Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Canadian Surf Club
Feb 15, 2008

Word.
a good thread to have. I've been ramping up my submissions and rolling in the rejections. As a shout out, I received a sort of feedback/nice comment from Lackington's when they rejected. It wasn't much but it was like a drop of water in a boilerplate desert.

Haven't put together an organized tracking system yet and its coming back to haunt me. Sorting through emails trying to find where old drafts of a story have already been is not very motivating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canadian Surf Club
Feb 15, 2008

Word.
So I'm trying to shop around a humor/speculative piece, just under 2k words, but I'm noticing a lot of the mid-ranged mags are closed to submissions around now. Is there some sort of seasonal shift going on at this time?

I'm thinking like Shimmer, Liminal, Lackington's, Fireside, those kinds of mags. Anyone have recommendations for places that pay for non-space, more techy scifi/speculative stories?

Also got my first story accepted over at The Metaworker a few weeks back. But it's more blog than mag and it wasn't paying, so would many consider that officially "published"? (for the purpose of 'non-published' writers contests and similar)

Canadian Surf Club fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 3, 2016

• Locked thread