Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

ricdesi posted:

Some catastrophic laptop problems might be slowing me down this week, but we can at least catch back up in here.

Let's check out the minigames: Gourmet Race, Megaton Punch, and Samurai Kirby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93QCdfagS0I

I've been meaning to ask: why is there a delay between you uploading a video and you linking it here? That video went up four days ago, and you've released at least one video since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Will you play the Super Famicom version of this game when it rolls around in the chronology? It's got a Puyo Puyo-esque story mode, and I'm pretty sure I can track down a translation so you don't have to pretend you speak Japanese. :v:

e: found it!

FredMSloniker fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 8, 2016

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

So you looked at the Mega Man cartoon in the Mega Let's Play and are looking at the Sonic cartoon (one of them, anyway) in the Sonic Let's Play. Are you going to look at the Kirby cartoon in this Let's Play?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Carbon dioxide posted:

Wow, you guys are still playing Star Stacker? I think I'm gonna tune out until the next game. There's only so many blocks you can watch fall down before it gets boring.

I've been treating it like a podcast, just listening to it. Their chatter amuses me.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

As a random note: the spiders in this game, specifically the black spheres with legs, are the only enemies throughout the Kirby franchise (to my knowledge) that actually harm Kirby if he inhales them. I have no idea why only that specific enemy defeats Kirby's mighty gastrointestinal tract when, say, inhaling something made entirely of poison doesn't, but here we are.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Another random note: the sublevels in Dreamland 3 form a repeating pattern when it comes to Heart Stars. X-1 levels deal with flowers in some way (not crushing them, watering them, and crushing them are what we've seen so far). X-2 levels require you to use a specific power somewhere in the stage; so far we've used Chuchu's normal attack to tickle a weird spring thing and Kine with Parasol to cheer up an egg. X-3 levels have a memory/focus game partway through the stage (so far we've seen matching Gordos and a shell game with eels). X-4 levels involve finding something hidden in the level and bringing it to the end; we've rescued a little girl's monkey and a big frog's little frog so far. X-5 levels task you with bringing a specific animal companion to the end of the level (one of the animals winds up forever alone, but so far we've hooked up Kine and Pitch). Finally, X-6 levels are puzzles; 1-6 involved collecting geometric shapes, while 2-6 involved breaking blocks to form a shape, but they're not all about geometry.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Ghost is an unlockable ability in Squeak Squad, but not a very good one, especially for how much you have to do to get it. It lets you possess enemies, but enemies generally only have one or two things they can even do, and in the base form Kirby can't even get past some obstacles (like climbing a ladder) that regular Kirby can.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

ricdesi posted:

Love me some Fake Kirbies. It was neat to see him return from Dream Land 1, I completely forgot he was in this.

According to the Kirby wiki (because of course there is), those are Batamon (no relation), and only appear in Dream Land 3. I'm not sure what you're thinking of from that game, unless it's the Kirby species.

Also, did you know there was a Dream Land 3 manga? Because I didn't.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Will you go back at the end and show off any power combos you missed? I don't think you did Ice + Spark, for instance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I can see why you're struggling with Tilt 'n' Tumble, though I enjoyed it back in the day (on a GBC, natch). I'm looking forward to your hard-mode run of it, and I congratulate you for advancing through sheer persistence (i.e., the Arino method)!

• Locked thread