Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
Intoxarina of Time. Themed drinks would be cool if you can come up with enough variety, for sure. There is so much poo poo you could drink to, maybe just use beer whenever you're drinking outside of dungeons? Triggers could include Pieces of Heart, catching a Poe's Soul, getting a major item, starting a dungeon, completing a dungeon, maxing out your current wallet, killing a Gold Skulltula, doing each part of the Biggoron trading sequence... please don't overindulge btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
The reason so many Castlevania titles have the same JP name is because while they are very different games from each other, they all tell the same story. CV1, Vampire Killer, Haunted Castle, SCV4, and the X68000 game are all about Simon Belmont's first quest to kill Dracula. Super 4 was originally localized as a sequel to CV2, so in the US it was considered Simon's third adventure, but it's supposed to just be another remake of the original game. I always thought it was kind of cool because it gives this sense that Simon is the ultimate legendary vampire hunter so over the years people were telling stories and adding their own weird embellishments like merchants in the walls or Simon having blue hair.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

ricdesi posted:

and I don't know that we'll be playing Rockman Xover since it's inaccessible at this point, but we'll see what we can do.

You could always just play the Newgrounds version

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

ricdesi posted:

THIS MAKES SO MUCH MORE SENSE, OH MY GOD. Honestly, I've thought it was just some creepy hopping Chinese girl for DECADES.

Hard to blame you for not noticing, it really doesn't come through very well on the sprite. The hat looks more like a rice paddy hat, and the clothes look more like a tight ninja outfit than flowing Qing dynasty robes.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Kurieg posted:

I imagine Kirby's shadow would just be another Kirby, and they'd end up going "Hiiiiiiiiii~" at each other until Nyx got tired and just went home.

Stop spoiling Amazing Mirror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
When I got this game for my birthday (after renting it so I knew what I was doing) the Captain was actually the first character I unlocked. A lot of people didn't believe me because they didn't think it was possible.

• Locked thread