Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
JordanKai and I had a little chat about this thread.

OP; you are testing the YouTube Dump rule. 36 is not an insignificant number of videos to drop all at once, even if the total promises to be hundreds. We wound up basically arguing semantics. We ultimately decided not to intervene - and it was not exactly a unanimous decision - because we can tell that you give a drat, because the videos you dumped are technically separate LPs, and also because you more or less immediately toned down the advertising angle of your first post.

So go on as you were, but please understand that a) you pushed your luck and b) this wouldn't've happened if you'd absorbed a few more lessons from other LP threads here rather than just reading the rules.

(For what it's worth, if you take on some of the feedback you've gotten already about your format and the infodump intro, I am reasonably sure that if you started another series LP here - from the beginning this time - it would go over a lot better.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

ricdesi posted:

For what it's worth, for a situation like this (a series of LPs strung together) would it be preferable to split them into individual games, or keep it as one thread if they're thematically linked? We're doing a Sonic-based set starting at the end of next month, wasn't sure if I was going to post it here but if so I wanna make sure I'm coloring inside the lines, you know?

LP megathreads are fine! We've had a couple before that went over just great (even specifically a Sonic one, so the case law is definitely on your side here!) so that won't be a problem.

• Locked thread