Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Cakefool posted:

Buick Roadmaster. I don't care what requirements it doesn't meet, they're rad. :colbert:

This or the 3.0 subaru. Stay away from EJ25s like you already said.

I don't think a stock Roadmaster does 0-60 in 7 seconds or less, but I bet you can make it happen with a denmah turboed vortec, which bolts right to the stock transmission. And Roadmasters are all old enough that the wiring shouldn't be difficult.

e: holy poo poo, zeroto60times.com says a '95 Roadmaster (94-96 had the LT1 :siren:CORVETTE MOTOR:siren:) will do 0-60 in 6.6 seconds. Not sure if wagon or sedan version.

kastein fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Astonishing Wang posted:

5.9 ZJ Jeep Grand Cherokee.

~$5-7k
AWD
4 doors
0-60 in 7 seconds
American
4300 lbs
maybe easy to swap to manual? I don't think they came in standard
Plenty of Jeep Lego options for raising and lowering (I assume...)

You can swap them to manual but it's not particularly simple, there are some NLA parts like the shifter boot and stuff that trip most people up. You'll need to choose a transmission (obvious choices are NV3500 - not great - and NV4500 - expensive), get the ECU tuned, and make driveshafts and a crossmember. Probably a thread about it on a 5.9 ZJ specific forum or NAGCA somewhere. Only 4.0L ones came with a manual, and the only mantrans choices for the V8 have the shift turret located differently from the 4.0L setup, so you may have to customize the floor, center console, and/or shift lever as well, I'm not sure, just throwing the warning out there.

Also they only ever made a thousand of them with manuals (~600 93s and ~400 94s) and I currently have in my possession one of the pedal sets from them. I'm not allowed to sell it because it's a friend's but he said I could take measurements off it so everyone on the internet can make their own ZJ mantrans pedal sets after he's sold this set.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

That thing is probably rusty as hell. My GF drove hers from WA and it has zero rust... I actually bothered to buy a fluidfilm gun to protect it from the saltbath up here. So far so good, but we're looking for a winter beater for her to keep the salt off it in the future.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

fickle poofterist posted:

Can someone tell me specifically what is wrong with the ej25? I asked in the Subaru thread but no answer.

From what I have been able to ascertain it is a problem car running lean for too long as it starts building up boost, so I got my car tuned and the wizard did it said that the problem is fixed and I shouldn't have a blown engine in the future. Is this bullshit?

Some of them blow head gaskets
Some crack oil pickups
Some blow ringlands on the stock tune
Some scrub the rod bearings
Some have stupid filter screens in the banjo bolts for the turbo oil return so they plug up, scrub the turbo bearings, and 5-10k later after replacing the turbo the metal contamination in the oil has ruined the rod/main bearings
Some have catted uppipes that disintegrate and do something horrible to the turbo/engine

Which EJ25 are you asking about specifically? :v: my car had the HGs done 3 times by the PPO, then the PO had to do them and the headbolt holes stripped out, he scrapped the motor, I bought it motorless, put an EJ22 in, ran it out of oil and spun a rod bearing (not its fault), slammed an EJ251 in in a weekend only to find out it already had rod knock when I bought it.

gently caress EJ25s

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

If there existed a reliable fun RWD/AWD manual transmission wagon under $10k we'd all be driving it.

I think the best you're going to be able to do is a Lexus IS or Infiniti G-series sedan. As far as wagons or hatches go with AWD or RWD you're basically down to the old IS300 wagon with a manual swap, or going back to a Subie.

turbocharged/supercharged 4.0L swapped AMC Eagle SX/4.

With woodsides.

quote:

The AMC Eagle SX/4 cars captured both second and third place the 1981 Sno*Drift Production Class rally held on Michigan's snow-covered gravel surface roads in January.

They're basically Subaru wagons, except with reliability and jeep legos instead of subaru legos.

:ghost: ANGLE GEAR :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

scuz posted:

That's pretty awesome, I didn't know they went that fast. Been obsessed with Eagles since I saw one when I was like 11 years old and thought they looked so rad :allears:

They don't, but they sell for a lot less than his budget and a turbo/supercharger setup wouldn't even come close to finishing off the extra cash :v:

• Locked thread