Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sex idiot
Apr 25, 2016

I would like to find out if maybe there is such a thing as miracles. Are there any quantifiable examples of miracles?

If you want me to define what a miracle is I mean something happening that's actually impossible but still happened anyway

maybe some examples to consider:

the existence of reality *(either created out of nothing or had no beginning - entropy might make both of these impossible)

language - it still works even though we have no access to the intention of meaning behind word choices of the speaker

please don't focus too much on my examples I would like to see some cool links to possible miracles and stuff like that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sex idiot
Apr 25, 2016

Who What Now posted:

Nope. Glad to be of service!

Are you sure though?

sex idiot
Apr 25, 2016

what makes you so sure?

sex idiot
Apr 25, 2016

Starshark posted:

So far every time a statue cries blood or someone starts bleeding from their hands or anything that looks like a miracle, it's been debunked. After a while you start to see a pattern.

I'm not asking about those kind of religiousy type ones though I mean just like well this guy makes a good point

Brainiac Five posted:

If something happens, it's by definition possible for it to happen.

but what about stuff that, whilst it has happened and is by definition possible, defies all current knowledge etc

• Locked thread