Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

guys i watched harmony in a theatre yesterday and it is a Good Anime, and presumably also a Good Book because that's what it's based on

just uber depressing so watch out for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Davincie posted:

never heard of it before

it's a limited run so you basically had to know about it and buy tickets beforehand

here's the book since that should be easier to get than a film which i'm not sure will ever be put on English blu-ray and is currently :filez:

it's sci-fi about a society where your body is basically controlled from day one to eliminate disease and death, but in a super creepy "you can't escape the watcher" way. what happens when you're not in control of your own body? is a life like that worth living?

ignore the "save the world" part of the book summary, because make no mistake, this is NOT a happy book or movie

it's also pretty gay

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

It's weird that D.Va will alternate between Korean and English.

Then again, so do I in real life.

it's called codeswitching and is hella cool

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

I didn't know this had a name, cool.

it's really common among bilinguals, my parents do it with their native language and English

linguists are still trying to figure out when exactly it can happen, especially between languages with very different grammars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yes. I do it all the time, which is why I was surprised to learn it has a name beyond "that thing that I and every other bilingual I've ever met does when talking to their parents."

linguists have names for every weird language thing you do, but no one ever knows because people don't give a gently caress about linguistics except when it makes their google searches better

no i'm not bitter about this, why do you ask?

• Locked thread