Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
New thread repost:
https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_o73hdxEGbf1qjhgo6_480.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Polsy posted:

Please, I'm at work, I can only work on serious, important things

Well, where's the chart, then?!?!?!?!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mary Cagle owns. :3:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRoZVSEKofw

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

homeless snail posted:

that's not even an opinion, that's a fact. only thing doom 2 has going for it is the super shotgun

It's baffling I still haven't found a pwad that just adds the SSG to Doom 1.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

homeless snail posted:

that definitely exists. you can just load doom 2 as a pwad in modern sourceports and cheat yourself one, but there's definitely mods that add it to the levels as well

There's some pushback from some corners of the Doom modding community because Doom 1's code doesn't allow having multiple weapons on the same key IIRC, so doing it breaks vanilla Doom compatibility (that attitude is really dumb because outside of archival purposes, gently caress playing with the original doom.exe).

I'm going to ask the early FPS thread, though, there's probably someone who can make one if there isn't one already.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I have a cheap (for London) cinema 20mn from my flat so I've been going more often.

Still annoyed I missed Hateful Eight though, since Django was so good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I've determined that Mitchie M goes well with Doom 1.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

They made Vision black, but couldn't be bothered to do the same for Falcon.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

besides the coolest cinderella girl is the producer, because he's an actual likable character

They should've made the producer a woman.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Oh no, you doxxed Kylra! :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Thank you, whoever rebought Burbo his good av.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I remember when Halo 2 came out and everyone was like 'at least play on Heroic' and I tried that for like two stages then started again on normal, it was no fun at all.

The secret is that it's completely okay to put video games on the lowest difficulty setting because most of the time a higher difficulty just means "enemies get more HP and do more damage," which is boring and tedious.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm not excited for the CoD4 remake because CoD games flat out aren't designed to be played with mouse and keyboard. Their design completely breaks down when players can do shocking things like "turn around quickly" and "sprint and jump at the same time while shooting."

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 11:18 on May 20, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Without the 765 logo, I wouldn't be able to tell if that's an idol dressed like a satellite or a modernised shipgirl.

Also, wow, SA is dead today.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I can't believe Zep is Borg.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i've never played any of the more recent call of duty games on pc so maybe it's different but this post just sounds sort of insane to me

Colonel... CoD1 came out 13 years ago.

Things have change significantly since then and consoles have been the lead platforms for AAA FPSes for ages. CoD games haven't been designed for PC since before CoD4, and it shows.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

sounds like...... giant robots.

It's good.

Kuromukuro is also good, and also has robots.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/washingmachineo/status/733456373460127744

NSFW, but only in Australia.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Colonel posted:

akiba's trip looks and feels smewhat less awful at a higher framerate and it lets you skip through cutscenes really fast so restarting on a lower difficulty is a painless experience so far and i can finally continue to experience

She's good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Motto posted:

i've discovered a horrible secret: twitter .gifs are actually .mp4s

It deliberately converts gifs to mp4 which breaks being able to see them in most third-party clients, because twitter is garbage.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

what is this

lol if you think CoD MP is good on PC.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

its the exact same as console except people are better at shooting?

The level design and weapon balance do not account for the fact that people can sprint all over the place and jump around corners while accurately shooting their guns and as a result, CoD on PC is a gigantic pile of poorly-balanced poo poo.

The issue is not present (or not as bad) on consoles, where restrictions inherent to the nature of gamepads mean people can't do those things. The game is not designed with the use of mouse and keyboard in mind.

Treyarch are slightly better at it than Infinity Ward because they tend to change weapons just a little bit differently between consoles and PC but it hasn't been enough to produce a reasonably balanced game since BlOps 1.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 20, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

people do all that stuff on console too, try watching some high level play. its a fast shooter that had run and gun builds since 4, and they were especially prevalent in black ops.

just because you are bad at games and play on baby easy so you never saw the higher level matchmaking doesn't mean it didn't exist.

:lol:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The speed of CoD on consoles is nowhere near the speed of CoD on PC and that's the last I'll say on the topic because this is a dumb derail.

CoD on PC is poo poo.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

blops3 is actually slower than advanced

Ghosts and BlOps 3 are the only ones I haven't played but I can believe that. AW just had stupidly low TTKs.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

the quake documentary is better than his doom one

The first half (where he spends 30 minutes on describing Quake when he could have done it in 10) is bad. The second half (where he talks about Quake's impact on PC gaming as a whole) is good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

him describing the inspirations and aesthetics of quake are not bad, they're pretty vital if you aren't familiar with the work. Quake's whole world is a crazy and cool mishmash that happened because of how aimless id was at the time but it's also an aesthetic that hasn't really been replicated in games since so it's worth mentioning.

Yeah, it's just he spends way too many words doing it, so the pace and ratio of information imparted to time spent watching are way too low.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
That Ahoy video did make me want to replay SoF1, and then I discovered that there's actually an abandonware version patched to run on modern machines, which is cool.

Unfortunately, I then discovered that SoF1 is pretty bad and all my fond memories of it were nostalgia from teenage me thinking that shotgun dismemberment was super cool.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I'm disappointed that's not the actual Widowmaker in the game, and that McCree is very good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Yukina's mother is a terrible parent, but it's cool because her and Yukina's relationship is one of the things that makes Kuromukuro cool and good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Colonel posted:

anotehr manga, that's not golden kamui

It's good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I'm glad the artist didn't forget the most important Persona protagonist.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

chumbler posted:

Where is TWEWY 2 Square-Enix? Release it on the Wii U and the Splatoon crowd will devour it whole.

Don't do this because I don't have a WiiU. Instead, release it on PC, Vita and 3DS.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Colonel is making me want to reinstall Akiba's Trip because the translation is really good, but the combat in it is really bad and I've got a bunch of other things I need to finish. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Flying Witch. :3:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://a.pomf.cat/luyurc.webm

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Colonel posted:

if you reinstall it, my advice is to get an umbrella or something, something you can hit rapidly with, fight a bunch of people to get more weapons of a similar type, and have nana fuse them all together. i fused an aluminum bat that deals 88 damage into a leek with a bunch of other weapons and now it deals enough damage to almost instantly make any enemy strippable, on top of feeling much more responsive than the heavier, slower weapons, or even hand-to-hand attacks

don't bother with heavier weapons because they feel a lot worse to use, unless you want to use something ridiculous and fun like a maid cafe sign in which case if you upgrade it enough it might be worth it

When I last played it I was using a CRT monitor because it had the highest attack value, but yeah, it didn't make the combat very fun.

I'll take that tip if I reinstall, thanks.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

littleorv posted:

I just mashed words together here but I bet $100 that games have been described like this before.

It's an accurate description for the Brothers in Arms series, which are good games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Is there a Chrome extension that will let me replace all of Burbo's avs with the correct av?

• Locked thread