Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Ultra Q

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies fucked around with this message at 04:51 on May 27, 2016

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

here's my robot sex song
https://soundcloud.com/whitepantsonfire/robot-sex-2nite

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Julias posted:

Bits and pieces of overlord seem funny, but the show's premise (and the fact it is a LN) kind of turn me away from it. Still cute, though :3:

overlord appeals to the dumb part of me that likes reading through monster manuals like my favorite thing is

quote:

Entoma has the appearance of a girl wearing clothing similar to the traditional Japanese style. Her true form is a spider-human (arachnoid). Her face is a mask-shaped insect and her hair is formed from an organization similar to a rolled centipede's. She also disguises her voice with that of a cute girl by using a leech that steals human victims' voice after killing them.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

yo av buyer make me not lum for a while if youre wasting money

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

nerima daikon brothers was a musical but they used the same songs for every episode in a pretty formulaic method

and i guess dance with devils is? i only know of it from the anime dog thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muXtwnleQ2I

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwfjBQ2SbME

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

El Burbo posted:

south dakota isnt a kancolle, but i wasnt aware that Michigan is "the name of a video game"

Its a suda51 game about a news crew in michigan filming a monster outbreak

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Lizard man

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

the word paprika is starting to lose meaning for me after looking at people's reviews

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

this person seems confused

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

By definition, the mere fact that a movie is animated means that it inherently has built into it significant hyperbole, exaggeration. Characters and/or situations HAVE to be over the top. A great example of an animated film that really works is the South Park feature length movie; another is the recent Hungarian movie The District. These work because in addition to their wacky visuals they both have story ideas that are unique and innovative and that therefore give both movies depth and power.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Great visuals here--in some scenes, in fact, even close to breathtaking--but an hour later after viewing, a few tiny memory sparks flare up reminding you of what you saw an hour earlier...but not much more than that. To be resonant, a creative work must have a storyline that takes the viewer into a world he/she can identify with, as in, Wow, this is really a part of my real life; this relates to me. Paprika connects to that part of our lives we typically don't tend to emphasize much at all--our dreams--and essentially expects us to go, Wow, that rocks as a result.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

that review is from a pre 9/11 world

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

• Locked thread